Apologies to Angelika from Switzerland for last week's errors. May the Lord help her and Paul in their respective corners of God's vineyard.
Today, we thank you prayer supporters and ask that you bring the following before the Lord:
- Dylan, with a spiritually mixed up father, hearing the gospel was a delight as we know the truth will set you free as you abide in it. He received a gospel of John. Pray the Lord opens his spiritual eyes so that he comes in repentance and faith in Christ alone to seek God's mercy;
- Ann, concerned for difference between her Bible and the Watchtower version. Explained how the Jehovah Witnesses call themselves Christians but are not (they worship another god, Gal. 1:8). Then we looked up 1 Jn. 5:1-13 and I challenged her to receive God's assurance based her trusting on the perfect object of faith, the Lord Jesus Christ;
- Ryan thought the Bible might not be true. I related my wife's coming to faith from the same position of doubt. Going through the gospel he is now left to verify the Biblical facts from his own prayerful study and told that he needed to make a commitment that he would not renege on.
And some had never considered gospel truths:
- Ashley, very receptive to gospel. He received John's gospel to explore.
- Cam, gospel heard, "makes sense"; counting the cost
and whatever else He enabled Ryan to communicate in the ensuing hours.
What a joy and privilege to serve our great God. Oh, yes, there was the usual types who heard the reason to abandon their worldview but they preferred the life of sin. God, thankfully, has the last word in every witnessing encounter. Glory to Him alone!