There were lots of great conversations with people on our Brisbane city outreach this Wednesday.
Here are some names to pray for:
• Jordan, Luka and Gabby - thought good people, said they would think about the message they heard and start reading the Bible.
• John (secular) and Bashia (Muslim) - the Muslim had common objections, like "there were other perfect prophets besides Jesus", and "why go through someone else who is not God", not understanding that Jesus is God.
The secular guy, John, said "I haven't found my purpose in life". Very willing to listen and said he would consider the message.
• Jimmy - Chinese guy lives in Canberra. Up in Brisbane for Soccer game Thursday night. He intellectually knew the gospel, but said he is living in sin. I encouraged him to trust in Christ alone and it will mean he will no longer want to live in sin.
• Aeora and Gemma - said would think about message.
• Cameron - young Christian goes to Hillsong. Michael encouraged him to read the Bible.
• Two Vietnamese boys (Tony and his friend) - listening intently, heard whole gospel.
• Dana & Josiah
• Maverick - appeared to be tearing up as he heard the gospel. Gave him NT. Said he would seriously think about message.
• Denis - spoke to Michael, was feeling guilty he had been with a prosititute, wanted a Bible.
• Matthew, Daniel, Frasier interacted with me while I was preaching. They attend a Christian school. They said to be saved one must "ask Jesus into their heart". But they had no understanding of grace. And they admitted they are living in sin. Was able to continue speaking with them after finishing up preaching. After using a few analogies, they came to understand grace, and said they would each trust in Christ alone for their forgiveness. They said they had counted the cost.
• Michael - orthodox, "I am not good enough", came to understand gospel.
We keep sowing the seed and God causes it to grow in His time. Glory to God!