Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday July 18th, 2023 from 1330 – 1500
Today is the new term starting week of UQ. We met many new students, some just arriving to do the student registration. We had been helping some of them to get on the right bus to get to UQ. It was good that we can serve as local guide to point them to the right direction for both their Uni study needs and the need of eternal life in Christ. God also called and moved a pious Australian born Indian students to stop and offer to pray for Johnny and me. It is good to know that we are not alone but God has raised up many prophets to prophesize turning people back to God. Recap is the Battle Log of Hung.
1) Chole a local Aussie girl who was open for conversation as such full gospel was shared and initial receptiveness was witnessed.
2) Andreas an Italian QUT Engineer student however lives in St Lucia, shared the nutshell of the gospel as bus came quite quick.
3) Kabir the Australian Born Indian but came to Christ in 2014, 10 years after an near death experience in 2004 that he really died for 9 minutes but came back to life being shocked by the Heaven scene he saw when he lied dead. It triggered his search for way to eternal life and received Christ 10 years later, But he only became a fervent Christian joining power to change and engaging in gospel outreach in the campus. He anyhow was moved to pray for us as a God sent angel.
4) Then I caught up with a Maninder from Jiangsu?? Changzhou??, he was open to the gospel and moved to pursue salvation by grace through faith in Christ.
5) Then I approached an Indian guy who was on the phone but still chatted with me for a short while letting me know he was approached before possibly by Winnie. He was at the right time for another extensive chat, so I had to let him go to continue with his phone call.
6) Then I turned to my right to try to chat with a Muslim look lady. But after chatting for a while, she suddenly claimed she does not speak English but how can she become a UQ student? So I could only draw to the conclusion that she took an excuse to decline my invitation to chat and share.
7) Then I turned to a Sweden girl nearby and she was open for chat. It was a pity her bus came a bit too quick to let me finish the full gospel.
8 ) Then I connected with a new student from Xian ???? who just arrived today and was about to go to the student registration office. I guided him the way and started the gospel sharing which he was open for understanding about Jesus.
9) Finally I caught up with a Singapore student who claimed he is a Christian, but has not assurance of salivation and don't even know much about Jesus and full of doubt about the Biblical account likes creation in 6 days. It was a pity his bus arrival cut short our conversation. But we both hope to chat again next week so we took a selfie to recognize each other's face.
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.