Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday September 19th, 2023 from 1330 – 1500
Chi Ming could not join us in his last week in Brisbane. We apprecuate his faithfulness to joined us without fail in the past 4, 5 weeks. So today again only Johnny and Hung teamed up to serve at Toowong. Despite it is the beginning of school holiday, yet the Uni is in its normal term period. So there were plenty of students around at the Bus Stop. Hoever, it was not a good day for us, at least for Hung. I had up to 12 conversation opportunities, but only a few last long enough for me to share the full gospel. Nevertheless, we still felt our effort was not in vain. God will be responsible the outcome and follow up in His way and in His time frame. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung.
1) I met an ABC girl whose parents was from DaLan??, when she realized I was to share the gospel to her, she immediate indicated she is a Chrisitan. I switched to test her assurance of salvation which is 100% correct. It is really rare andI had no time to check her denonimational adherence.
2) Then I was led to approach a youngman from Shenzhen?? who greeted me in Cantonese but just the greetings. He was keen to listen to the Gospel but I could just manage to share the nutshell.
3) Then I caught up with an Indian young man. He was proud to tell me he had visited HKG for 2 months and his favorite spot in HKG is ???Lan Kwai Fong. This ice breaking catching up had taken much time as such I could not even start to share so could just give him a tract to read.
4) Then Yvvone of CCCB St Lucia flashed past giving me a sign of get going for the street outreach mnistry before she rush to catch the bus.
5) Then I caught up with a mainlander girl who claimed she had a caht with Qin Hao (not me or Johnny). I still felt moved to follow up on her understanding of the gospel and the impression about the tract. It was a pity she was interrupted by a phone call that cut an end to our conversation.
6) I instead switched to chat with another mainlander girl, who was willing to listen but the bus arrival end our conversation and I could only end up handing her a tract.
7) Then I was led to catch up with a mainlander girl from Shandong?? who had a long chat with me. She actaully recognized me so I follow up with her by a revision of the gospel. This time she was really impressed and actaully took the initiative to take a tract again to read and seriously ponder for the making the step of faith.
8 )Then I was led to catch up with a Japanese student from Tokyo????. He was amazed I could speak OK Japanese. Again the bus came too quick so I could only leave him with a tract.
9) Next I was led to catch up with an Indian middle age man. His perception of region is just a cultural expression to find peace in our life. I drew him to the awareness of sin and what we need to face in addressing the issue of sin which cannot be resolved by religion but salvation. He could not deny my asseration and pray he would really make self awareness of our sinful nature that needs redemption by Jesus.
10) Next was Zhu ?from Taipei ??who is 4th year student of Economic ?????which was also my major in Chinese University that gave me the edge to identify with him. Again , it was a pity his bus came too quick that I could only leave him a tract.
11) Next I caught up with an Aussie girl who is not a student. She was very open tochat but time was limited so again handing out a tract to her.
12) Finally, I had a long chat with Bella from Surrey of UK. My extensive stay in UK in the past for business and for study earned the rapport with her as such she was keen and drawn to the sharing of gospel together with my life witnesses.
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.