Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday Nov 7th, 2023 from 1330 – 1500
There was scattered rain in the morning but the sky was cleared when we start our outreach at Toowong. But the raining day already set the tone for today evangelism which was tough and unsteady with little results. Basically, majority of people we met were from Mainland and it seemed that they have just received order from the mainland government to avoid talking to Christian and forbidden absolute to receive any tract from us. It happened almost identically to all the Mainlander students we met. Rather the Indian of Hinduism appeared more opened than any of the mainlander. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung.
1) An AI guy from the Mainlander claimed he chatted with me just last week. But afterwards I cross check that it was false, he might have mixed up me with Johnny but he used his logical minded training to pick bone from and egg.
2) A group of three Mainlander boys kept mocking Johnny and me and in the meantime, interfere our conversation with other Mainlander people.
3) A Mainliner girl was originally OK for a chat but she felt threatened by the surveillance of that threesome boys.
4) Then I was led to catch up with a Singaporean boy who was not interested as he was busy in revision and preparing for Exam
5) Then I caught up with a Mainlander girl from Shenzhen. ???. The chat was OK but at the end, she still turned down my offer to her our tract.
6) Then I was able to catch up with a Malaysian girl who also was reluctant to listen half-heartedly.
7) Then I caught up with a Mainlander girl doing Biology. She also indicated no interest to the topic, then I turned to share with her the scientific aspects of the 6 days Creation which she found very interesting and convincing.
8 ) Then I was led to approach an Indian student majoring in mechanical engineering with an objective to get a mining job to apply for PR. Despite his Hinduism belief, he basically appeared open and rational and end up finding the gospel message is sensible and trustworthy.
9 ) Finally I caught with any Mainlander girl who also listened half-heartedly and finally reject taking the tract.
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.