Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 3rd, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Today Johnny re-joined us after his combined mission trip to Tasmania & Holiday break in Sydney both with his wife Mary. He shared a bit more about his mission outreach at Launceston and Burnie for mixed same culture evangelism and cross culture outreach of which the latter is still a remote concept of most Chinese Churches. I was a good afternoon for outreach with some long and meaning conversations by some of our team mates conveying both the truth of the gospel and the cares for the emotional and spiritual need of the gospel target. Winnie had an over half an hour chat with a sad local Aussie lady whose husband is very sick and is being hospitalized for possibly his last journey of his earthly life. Winnie comfort the lady and encouraged her to seek peace and joy from the Lord Jesus Christ. As for me, I had a comparatively busy day having more short but significant conversations as recap below: -
1. An UQ girl from Jiangsu, 江蘇China was happy to affiliate with me because of my rare and precious traveling experience to her home town in 1974. She was opened to listen to the gospel sharing but it was cut short by the bus so just pray that the tract will serve the seed sowing purpose.
2. Then I caught up with Mark reeves about his well being during the flooding saga few weeks ago. He thanked God for protection and provision and is now back to normal with a relaxed mood to go hiking last week ends. He has been our back-to-back prayer supporter for our Toowong Ministry.
3. A Chinese face Filipino just pretended he did not hear my voice in order to avoid me. At the end, he was successful to avoid all of out despite I asked Winnie to have a go but she could not make it. So, It is all by the Grace and Will of God.
4. Next, I approached a student from Chin. He was brain washed to refuse learning anything apart from his Uni Course. I still managed to share him the nutshell of the Gospel. 中囯生.被洗腦只關注學業，仍有分享
5. Then I caught up with Rebecca a local Aussie girl. Shew is a non-believer but she was very opened and very receptive to the gospel message shared. I even had time to share my life testimony once helping out Sichuan earth quake disaster Relief that even such good works won’t earn me any merit for heaven, which was only by grace through faith in Jesus self-sacrificing acts dying n the cross for us all the sinners.
6. A Chinese girl passively received the tract and heard the nutshell of the gospel.
7. An Aussie boy just had time to take a tract with a concluding alert message that being a good person still is not good enough to earn us the admission to heaven.
8. An Aussie girl called Asiah who was a good listener and was very receptive to the Gospel message.
9. Then God led me to have a long conversation with a young man by the name of Chiang蔣 from China中國，he admitted he has heard the gospel before but still not impressed enough to pursue. 曾經聴，今天更全面了解But after my comprehensive Gospel sharing encompassing the three fold salvation , he felt the vague concept had all been explained and clarified so he admitted he is in a better position to make his last step of faith accepting Jesus at his personal quiet time.
10. Seemed to be a Chinese girl not good at English still I managed to share her the nutshells of the Gospel.
11. Finally, A 君阿俊 Ah Jin from Quangxi廣西, also listened to the full gospel message and rational mindedly, he found the gospel sensible and logical but still not fully moved yet to accept Jesus.
Battle log of Winnie:
1. 中國青年，Roy & Steve。他們初時不想聽，不信任何宗教。我説，無論你們有否宗教信仰，死後都有審判。Steve 想聽聽。我便詳细講述福音给他們。他們聽後，Steve 願意信靠主，找教會。Roy 须要時間想清楚。
2. 中國少女，Amy。没有興趣聽福音。我説，每人都有一死，死後會有審判。我問她 為何亞洲地方很多靈異出没？她想知道，于是我詳细講述福音给她，及説，耶稣基督在天家預備很多地方给基督徒。如果你信了主，當我們死後，便可以在那裏得安息，永遠與主一起。她聽後，她説會想清楚基督的信仰。
3. 馬來西亞青年 Tai。天主教背景的基督徒，解释救恩。
4. 中國青年 Peter，當我講完福音给他，他説會想清楚基督的信仰。
6. 中國少女，在等巴士的時候，忙于温習功課。我也不想打擾她，所以我给她單張及講了幾句重要的福音便離開。我説， 神爱世人，甚至將祂的獨生子賜给我們。叫一切信祂的，不至滅亡，反得永生。约3:16。
7. 澳洲女士，Sandra。我見她查看巴士時間，回來坐位時，行動不穩定。我問她是否非常疲倦。她説是的。因为忙于探望她的丈夫（Rob)，及預備他的飲食。他现在非常疲弱。我問她信了主嗎？她説小時有到主日學，因为看到親戚朋友一個，一個的去世，她便離開主。我解释给她，他們離開世上，一早已有 神的安排，可能這樣會比较適合他們。我們不知道 神的計劃，我問她願意我為Rob 及妳禱告嗎？她説非常好。我為他們禱告後，我説首先要 Rob 信主，無論他前面的路怎様，我現在有牧師在這裏，可以安排他到醫院為他洗禮。她説Rob现在不想見其他人。我説你盡量勸他。我説願意悔改信主受洗，便可以上天家。你願意信主嗎？我問她，她説願意。我説夫妻信主後，將來便可以在天家見面。巴士來到，我説，每週二下午1:30，我都會來這裏傳福音，你們決定怎樣，到時通知我。願 神祝福妳！
8. 香港少女 Vicky & Clare。我與她們閒談一會便引入福音，她們很尊心聽我講的福音，可惜講完，巴士到達。她們趕着上巴士，不能問及她們是否願意信靠主。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 26th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Johnny is still out of town after his Tasmania Mission trip. Only Winnie and Hung turned up as a team. We pray particularly for protection from undue interruption by unfriendly and prejudiced persons. And thanks God we had a very smooth and fruitful afternoon. God led me to catch up with willing hearts to listen to the gospel as such most conversations I had as a divine appointment lasted quite long for a full Gospel sharing as recap below: -
NB Please pray for my day surgery Bladder Biopsy operation tomorrow at Sunnybank Private Hospital. So I will skip Sunnybank street ministry for one day on April 27, 2022.
1. I caught up with two Asian looking girls of whom one just left shortly after the chat began for phone call. The other Korean girl, remained interested to engage in interactive conversations, allowing me to present to her the full gospel showing genuine interest and appeared quite moved to pursue. I introduced her to Power to Change.
2. Heidi is a Muslim Malaysian UQ student. She was very open to sharing of Jesus and appeared receptive to the gospel.
3. Iftakhar is from a Islamic family in Bangladesh. Like Heidi, I stressed that all religions are good but only good at teaching people to be a good person yet providing no solution on the punishment of sins. He showed positive consent to the logic and effectiveness of redemptive grace by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Again, I encourage them to pursue God by joining Power to Change in the UQ campus. He was very appreciative for my message and was more than happy to take a selfie with me to commemorate this divine encounter.
4. Peter is a local Aussie elderly man who has heard the gospel before but has not yet made the last step of faith to receive Christ. But today, despite of his vulnerable health situation, he appeared taking the gospel message all in and showed positive sign to make his last step of faith. He therefore was more than happy to take a selfie with me to commemorate this divine encounter.
5. After consecutive success in preaching the Gospel, God still led me to approach a die-hard guy who politely turn me down for a chat. I however still managed to share the nutshell of Gospel to him quickly and leave him with God.
6. Finally, I caught up with an Indonesia UQ student of Muslim background. However, he was also open to gospel conversation and show interests to look for joining “Power to Change” to pursue God.
Battle log of Winnie:
1. 新加坡少女 Ruby，當我給她單張，她説是基督徒，不願接受單張。我測試她的救恩，她不能回答。我問她為何每年都有復活節，她不想答。她叫我傳福音给其他人。所以，她是否真正的基督徒呢？我講了幾句重要的福音便離開。
2. 兩位中國來的青年，Roy & Ken。他們是第一次聽福音。當他們聽完福音後，願意認真的想清楚基督的信仰。
3. 印尼女士 Liane 和一男孩。她是穆斯林，我講及基督教的信仰是三一神，聖父，聖子，聖靈，及福音。我给她單張看看，甚麽是罪。當她聽完我講的福音，她説會想想基督的信仰。
4. 中國少女 Jessica，曾經跟朋友到過教會，我詳细講述福音给她。她説會想清楚基督的信仰。
5. 青年男士 Billy，無神論者，不願意聽福音。所以我講了幾句重要的福音便離開。
6. 兩位中國少女，Cathy & May。當她們聽完福音後，Cathy 願意找教會，尋求更多真理。但是May 説，站時不想任何宗教。
7. 日本少女 Trish，當她聽完福音後，她願意悔改信靠主耶穌基督，找教會尋求更多真理。而且很高興聽到我講基督的訊息。感謝主！
9. 中國青年 Eric，當我講完福音给他，巴士到達。
10. 馬來西亞青年，Jack，穆斯林。我講及基督信仰，是三一神。耶稣基督也是 神。當他聽完我講的福音，他説會想想基督的信仰。
感謝 神的带领。願今天所有聽到福音人仕，都願意悔改 信靠主耶穌基督，成為他們的救世主。奉主名求。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday April 20th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Praise and thank God we had Gary and Amy re-joining the Sunnybank team after the school holiday to form a three persons team. As usual, Gary set up Gospel sign to draw attention of pedestrians. Amy was good at chatting with young people while Hung mostly with the elderly today although it might not be a pattern. But today's experience led me to ponder the elderly people in the church are less equipped with very insufficient discipleship sort of teaching. They are full of weird thought and wrong teaching of the bible doctrine. The worse is, many of them are not yet saved without a clear understanding of the salvation by grace through faith in Christ and still considered good deeds are all we must care for rather than our mere faith in Christ. One good thing that can cheer us up was that, a group of Indian or middle East face people that Gary had approached at the far end of the bus station. After they finished their chat and walked past me when I was sharing gospel with Debbie, they gave us thumb up and laud praise by saying Hallelujah to the Lord as an affirmation and encouragement of our work for and with God. Recap is the battle log of Hung for today.
1. Mr Yu 余 from Hong Kong 港人 claiming himself and family are all Christians. But what shocked me was that he was proud to declare he does not believe that there is a God and deny the Creation account of the bible claiming it is a result of human ignorant of science and lazily attribute every thing to an unknown God. It really made me lost of word when he still claimed he is a Christian. I actually spent the longest time to try to answer all his self-contradicting theory. For example, he agreed that nothing will come from nothing. Everything must have a cause of its existence by creation. But then he rejects the world is created by God but a simply a kind natural existence happening by itself. He knows that Newton was a scientist but he does not know Newton was also a Theologian. And he rejected to accept the conclusion made by all top scientists including Einstein that when the material world failed to find the first cause of the universe, then it logically proved that the first cause is God who exists by Himself in trinity before time and beyond space. Anyway, I trust God let us chat to help me realize, a large group of nominal Christians are existing in the churches and proper teaching must be addressed to these ignorant group of people.
2. God gave me a break to chat with an easy going Kevin who is Vietnamese possibly of Buddhism background but appeared very open for discussion and showed acceptance of the logicality and rationality of Gospel. He was happy to take a tract to ponder on the issues and Gospel I shared.
3. Then I approached Debbie who said she had chatted with one of us before. I simply asked for permission to refresh her memory of what was shared and what she read from the tract and it proved that Debbie could get a fuller understand of the gospel and was just a last step of faith away from salvation by Christ.
4. The 2nd elderly Christian I chatted with was Mrs Yan 嚴姊妹from the EMP Church. She has no assurance of salvation and kept stressing that she will keep doing good things to earn assurance of salvation. I virtually shared the gospel all over from scratch to her but her mindset still got stuck at the non-biblical Chinese moral teaching of being a good person is the only thing a human can do to earn a ticket to heaven.
5. Tim and girlfriend appeared to be a very good listener of the gospel despite they said they had been approached by Amy. Later on I learned from Amy that they are from Mongolia Republic 外蒙, but not one province of China 內蒙. Actually, they are all Christians but it was a pity I got no time to test for their assurance of salvation.
6. Sharon a local Aussie lady that Amy mistaken as some one who had rejected her before. It actually was somebody else but Sharon was very open and receptive to the gospel message. She took a tract afterward indicating she will consider to accept Jesus.
7. The towards the end, I chatted with one of the Chinese students from 青島，天津，上海，I could identify with him my vast traveling experience in China to earn identification before sharing the gospel. Later I learn from Amy that some of them are already Christians as well.
Battle Log of Gary :
Spoke to another 'Christian' today who thought by being good is the way to heaven.
Alternatively and correctly - we only get to heaven by being forgiven.
The gospel is one of being given the gift of salvation - not working towards it or earning it.
It is only with the knowledge of being saved that out of it we have thankful heart's and will want to obey Him.
BTW. Please pray for this person - that they would truly be saved by Grace alone.
Romans 3:10 'As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one"
**We are deceiving ourselves if we believe that our salvation can be earned by adding to the blood of Christ**
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 19th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Praise and thank God Winnie and Hung started without Johnny who is now on mission trip to Launceston in Tasmania at Toowong and was joined by Kiateck Tan later to form a team of three to do street outreach. Despite it is already mid- Autumn, the afternoon sun was still scorching hot that people at the bus stop tended to hid behind the shade of the Bus Stop. There was less people flow as it was a holiday break for UQ, but we still managed to get as many conversation as God matched us up as His divine encounter. Thank God that I only encountered a couple of rejections with all the rest leading to a fruitful conversation as recap below: -
1. After a couple of rejections, God led me to approach a 2nd year UQ student from Indonesia, I was managed to share the nutshell of the Gospel to him before the bus came and gave him a tract to read to supplement what I shared.
2. Then I approached a Pacific Islander ABC of Chinese descendent. He was polite and expressed no need to hear. But I still managed to use a friendly manner to pass on the gospel message until the bus came.
3. Steven a tall Aussie young man. He is a non-believer and not sure if he can go to heaven. I could manage to affirm him that no one can go to Heaven unless you are perfect.
4. Bradley another local Aussie young UQ students, I was able to share the full gospel plus my testimony. He seemingly was impressed to really ponder to receive Christ. I referred him to Power to Change if he wanted to pursue God.
5. Ben was another UQ students from England at the age of 6 year. He admitted this was the first time he heard about the gospel and he was very receptive and ready to receive Christ.
6. Then I chatted with a Poland lady Catalina. We found the come topic of who are bad and as listed on the tract plus Putin who are widely regarded as a War Criminal and those helping out Ukraine including Poland as the number one supportive country to help out Ukraine in their self-defensive military action. It led into the topic if being a good person like the Ukrainian and Poland people can go to heaven. She found the conclusion very interesting but no more time to continue with the conversation except taking a tract to read at home.
7. Finally, I shared with a young couple from Malaysia who are bilingual. Eventually I chose to share them the full gospel in English and managed to finish it before the bus came.
Battle Log of Winnie: 19/4/22 Toowong
感謝 神今天的帶領，讓我遇上11 人傳講福音及解释救恩的機會。
第九位中國來的 UQ 學生，Peter。當他聽完福音後，他説會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
感謝 神的帶領，願今天聽到福音人士，明白主的愛，悔改回轉歸向 神。奉主名求。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Praise God! Over Easter weekend, there were 2 outreaches in central Christchurch where over a 1000 gospel tracts, with chocolate Easter eggs were given away. But even more encouraging, were the amount of Christians representing many local churches that got involved!
Saturday had lovely weather, and I was shocked at the amount of people in Cashel Mall. It felt pre covid. We had bought 500 eggs to give away over both outreaches, but in just over an hour, we had pretty much given away all 500! It was so awesome watching and listening to people’s stoked reactions at getting the gift.
I spent all my time of the 2 hour outreach, walking up and down the mall, making sure Christians had enough stock of both tracts and eggs, and trying to be an encouragement. I didn’t have a single gospel chat myself! But that’s okay, I have plenty of opportunities at other times. :)
After the outreach, we had to scramble to find a new supply of eggs to buy. The first shop we went to had sold out! :O But, the supermarket next door had some. So, we were all sorted for Monday
Monday wasn’t quite as busy as Saturday - the weather wasn’t quite as good. But, there were still plenty of people out and about, and a whole new team of Christians gathered to give away the gift of Jesus.
This time I did have the opportunity to get directly involved. I had a great follow up chat with one of my regulars, and at the end of the outreach I was able to power out a tray of chocolate and tracts.
Our prayer is that many will read the tracts. We leave the results in God’s hands - knowing the simple gospel message is the power of God for salvation (Romans 1:16).
Thanks to all those that got involved. I was very encouraged. Looking forward to doing something similar next Easter, God willing!
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday April 13th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Because of School Holiday, both Gary and Amy Yao could not come because they both have children and family to look after. So, only Johnny and Hung teamed up as usual. The people flow is comparatively great here at the Sunnybank Bus station, it is both an advantage and disadvantage of open-air street outreach. As a result , we had numerous conversation but most of them were short being interrupted by the frequent arrival of bus. Yet, we still believe, God can make use of our steadfast outreach action faith to trigger continuous deliverance plan and process for all who have been elected by God for receiving His predestine blessings. Recap below are my Battle Log : -
1. A Vietnamese Chinese Diaspora man越南華僑 took initiative to greet me that led me to think that we had met before. Actually, it was not the case. I waited no time to share the gospel to him but still I failed to beat the quick arriving bus so I could only trust God and rely on the tract that I handed out to that man.
2. Filipino lady was a reluctant listener, but I still just manage to share with her the nutshell of the gospel.
3. Then I have an interesting conversation with a young fashionable man from mainland China by his post-modern hair dressing style. He is not yet a believers but was very open for discussion on religion. He actually appeared well versed in Bible story as such he had good interaction with me on the gospel and doctrine of salvation. Again out conversation cut short by the quick arriving bus. 中囯少年, 博學多聞,開放認同
4. A NZ young woman with Chinese look but is English speaking. She was very open to gospel but I could only manage to share the core message because of quick arriving bus.
5. Joseph a mature man from PNG. Actually, he is a fair dinkum Christian with 100% assurance of salvation. I found out later Johnny had several conversation with him before. He took a selfie with me in appreciation of what we are doing for the Lord.
6. I was able to catch up with another Chinese mature man but our conversation was cut short by the quick arriving bus.中國大叔可以聊
7. Then I chatted with two Singaporean QUT students both named Brian and Brian. They are non-believers but were both open for conversation on gospel. They both were convinced Christianity is the right way for all imperfect persons to be redeemed to reconcile with God.
8. Joe a fall-back Christian from Hong Kong who shared all the reasons while he does not attend church after coming to Australia first because of Uni study, then job commitment and finally marriage and care for family. He was with the Tsim Sha Tsui Chiu Zhou Life Church which should be a good denominational church with sound biblical teaching尖潮人生命堂生活學習疏離教會，yet his understanding of salvation is incomplete and has no assurance of salvation. But he was moved to reactivate his church life but a pity that I cannot leave him with my contact no.
9. Frank, an English speaking Malaysian man though a bit introvert but appeared quite open and receptive to the gospel.
10. I was rejected by a lady from Mainland China mistaken me as a sale person.中國不要推銷？
11. I caught up with a couple of brother and sister from Tianjin.天津.姊弟，願聊 the sister was more open for conversation. And the nutshell of gospel only was shared.
12. I caught up with another English speaking Malaysian lady from Ipoh馬華，we could only have a short causal chat but not yet have chance to share gospel with the quick arriving bu.
13. Roy a builder worker rejected me to share the gospel with him, but Spirit moved me to identify with him with the same political ideology as such I still can sneak in the gospel issue to prove that there is no perfect government and also no perfect citizens that eventually we all need redemption by Jesus.
14. Then I caught with Mr Chu from Nanjing. 朱南京聊天拿單張 We click because of my experience of visiting Nanjing in 1974 before China was open for free tourism. Again time was not enough so he just grab a tract and hope for a future reunion.
15. Julian is a fair dinkum Christian who listen to my sharing of the full Gospel and can answer my two diagnostic questions correctly.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 5th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Today we started with three regular team mates Johnny, Winnie and Hung but Winnie suddenly had developed acute stomach pain and bad tummy movement as such she had to withdraw to the toilet and eventually quitted earlier though still managing to share Gospel to a couple of person both at the bus stop and later back inside the Toowong Shopping centre. Johnny and Hung remained at the bus station but facing unusually higher ratio of rejection. Praise and thanks God that we all took them in as part of the training to not be discouraged by external factors but steadfastly holding on to share the gospel to anyone as long as they don’t tum their back on us. As a result, I still managed to have many conversations as recap below:-
1. Sophie a non-religious person but still appeared receptive to the gospel message.
2. Bearman left to avoid me.
3. A Filipino girl trying to push me away, but with my persistence to make friendly chat to disarm her defense system, I still could manage to share her the nutshell of the gospel.
4. Lilian another Filipino but a cross breed with Aussie father, appeared a more open-minded person who was willing to listen and interact.
5. David an ABC with parents from mainland China who is doing pharmacy appeared as an open-minded person as well and have good interaction on the gospel issue.
6. Parley , an India Hindu lady who initially rejected to chat but did soften down to have a causal chat that led back to the gospel before the bus arrived.
7. Liliana a Christian girl of the Seven Day Adventist who failed to have 100% assurance of salvation. I only have time to correct her idea pointing her to the efficacy of Jesus’ work dying on the cross for us all , the sinner that we are given back our heavenly citizenship 100% the moment we receive Christ as our saviour.
8. Grace a nice girl who appeared friendly and opened to the gospel.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday April 6th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today only Johnny and Hung teamed up to resume street outreach. Both Gary and Amy Yao were not available due to school holiday that they had to look after their kids. Despite with lesser manpower, God still bless the ministry in many ways. First, Sunnybank is by far the best environmentally sound venue sheltered by large tree with good shade from the scorching sun. Second, the human flow at the bus stop under the tree shade is constantly steady, as such both of us had incessant chance to approach people though of course with mixed result. In our mind, whether strict rejection, initial reluctance, half heartedly chat or fully open-minded conversation with good interaction, they are all divine encounter planned by God with long terms effect and God’s sovereign election for some to be moved and touched to receive Christ eventually. So, we simply just make our step of action faith to reach out people of all nations by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, with or without immediate results. It is more so, an important part of God’s training for those who are submissive to work with God to do His good work that may eventually lead to prominent growth in the spirituality of their lives. Recap below is the battle log of Hung : -
1. First approached an English lady who is a Christian and has 100 % assurance of salvation, yet running short to time to check the reason.
2. Second approach to a lady was declined.
3. Next approach to two good friends of which one is a Korean girl and the other is an Aussie girl. The both declared they are Christians and the Korean girl even confirmed she has 100% assurance of salvation but not because of Christ yet giving credit to their religious practice. What a big faulty teaching in salvation it is. Unfortunately, no time to clarify as their bus came.
4. Then encountered another unwilling Vietnamese who declined to chat but took a tract.
5. John and Robert are twin brothers still studying in high school. One managed to listen to my gospel sharing though half-heartedly while the one chose to stay away from the conversation. The one finished listening to my gospel sharing remain a polite manner to thanks for the conversation.
6. John a Korean migrant to Australia agreed good person should be able to go to heaven. Just only had time to clarify that nobody can unless one is perfect.
7. A Chinese young lady from Dong Kun 東莞, Fu Shan , China by the named of Shing 成女士initially declined to chat with the excuse that she is a Buddhist佛. I kept a friendship 友好building tactic to assert that all religion are good but only good at teaching people to be a good person yet failing to address the issue of sin. Finally also just have barely enough time to share the nutshell of Gospel.
8. Another Mainlander 大陸who was willing to have a chat but just barely enough for a nutshell of the gospel. 願聽.僅夠時間
9. Rejected by a Chinese male who simply walked away to avoid me. 中男拒絕
10. Then I met up with Mr Liao 廖 originally from Quandong 廣東，but migrated to PNG then to Australia for 30 years. He is a Catholic Christian天主教，not surprisingly he does not have assurance of salvation but the quick arriving bus deprived him an opportunity for a clarification.
11. Avoided by another Mainlander.中女士廻避
12. Approached a Chinese male with family of wife and daughter. His bus arrived right away but I still managed to pass him a tract which he delightfully accepted. 中男士一家三口拿單張
13. Another Filipino Catholic adult whose name is Christian, Yet again he does not have full assurance but just 80% certainty of Salvation. He attribute those 80% not to Christ but to his good religious practice which is utterly wrong. Just had time to rectify his concept wit ha conclusion.
14. Callie a tall young Aussie deemed that Good Person is a subjective definition and there is no objective answer if a good person can go to heaven. I build on his opinion to share the gospel that he found it sensible and logical.
15. Finally, I approached an Aussie lady who was opened for a chat, yet the bus came too quick to cut the conversation short.
On the weekend, it was another exciting outreach in Brisbane city.
One chat that stood out was with an atheist named Peter. In the chat, he was firm on saying there was no God.
But when it was pointed out to him that everything that begins to exist relies on something before it to make it exist (which he agreed), and therefore that shows the universe itself would need something before it to make it exist, he surprisingly had no response.
Then as the conversation progressed, we got to talk about how it makes sense that this Creator would have a set of rules for his universe and that sadly we have broken many of them already. He then got to hear that through the sacrifice of Jesus he could have his sins forgiven if he came to trust in Christ.
But when he was challenged on when he would come to trust that Christ paid for his sins, he said, “Never! Because I am a realist!” Seemingly reverting back to his atheistic position.
I responded, “But I don’t think you’re a realist. A realist is someone who would acknowledge how this universe requires a Creator, would acknowledge their sin, and would seek to find peace with God while there is time.”
So I asked, “What is actually stopping you?”
His body actually started shaking after I called out his bluff of being a realist, and he surprisingly replied with, “What’s stopping me is my own stubbornness.”
I thanked him for his honesty in that answer, and now that he saw that, he said he was going to seriously consider what he has heard in the conversation. We leave him in God’s hands. Please keep Peter in your prayers.
To God be the glory!
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 5th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
It was school holiday period, Kiateck could not join us as he needed to mind his daughter at home. So just the regular team of three Johnny , Winnie and Hung turned up for the regular Tuesday outreach after a break last week because of suspected Covic-19 close contact and heavy rain. Today it was all great sunshine and scorching heat in high noon, but our passion to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ was equally heated. All of us have almost non-stop conversation though many of them were short and interrupted pre-maturely by the quick arrival of bus. Nevertheless, we still trusted in God that all divine encounter whether long or short, gospel shared full or partial, the work of the Holy Spirit will keep pursuing and nurturing all seeds of gospel to bear fruit at the most opportune time as Will by God. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie respectively.
Hung’s Battle log
1. Michael 2nd year UQ student from England, open to the gospel and respond positively.
2. Matt was a local Aussie but not a student. Yet he was a willing listener and appeared receptive to the gospel.
3. Jack, a Postgraduate of UQ and another willing listener with my testimony being shared first about my good work of joining the Sichuan earth quake disaster relief in 2008 as a student of Master of Counselling. It led up to the conclusion that even with good work like me, I could not earn salvation as the good deed can never be able to off set sin in my heart and my life,
4. Old Aussie Christian lady with 99% assurance of faith to go to heaven. So unfortunately, she still fell short of full understanding of the redemptive grace of Jesus that have 100% atonement power to deliver us form eternal death punishment. Just a pity no time to clarify her wrong concept.
5. Noel a Chinese UQ student but was English speaking who claimed to have chatted with us before and took the tract. Before I can test his feedback after reading the tract, the arriving bus again cut short our conversation.
6. An English-speaking Chinese girl appeared too arrogant to listen. I nevertheless still finish sharing the full gospel to her.
7. An Indonesia young lady who came in 2020 was open for a chat. It seemed that God has moved many Indonesians to pursue Christ in the campus. So this lady was very receptive to the Gospel.
8. Sam a UQ student from Canada who was receptive to the gospel.
9. Arnold from China but received Christ here in Brisbane now attending the hope church. Upon testing of his faith, he only has 80% assurance of salvation for heaven. Quick clarification was done before the bus came.
Battle log of Winnie
2. 兩位澳洲少女，Lily & Jane，相片中。當我講完福音及見證後，她們願意悔改，信靠耶稣基督。找教會尋求更多真理。
9. 中國少女，Anne。初時不願意聽，我和她閒談大學生活，跟着帶入福音以及講及我生命被 神的改變。她很留心聽，直到巴士來到。她説會看單張及想清楚基督的信仰。
10. 澳洲青年男女，Shane & Brave，基督徒。