Battle LogBattle Log
> Capalaba Team
> Monday, 3 April, 2017
Monday 3 April 2017
Posted 3 April 2017, 5:25 PM by Gordon Jackson. Permalink
A windy day, reminding us of the Holy Spirit's work, Jn. 3:8 "The wind blows where it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." What will God do through our witness today to:
- A young man who had never thought about life after death. He received a tract after hearing the builder/builder analogy that a Personal intelligent God created the cosmos.
- A young mother feeding her baby said she was a Christian but could not talk while feeding her baby. Later she called me back and it turned out that she was attending the LDS, with her friends, even though she did not accept their demand that she go to the Brisbane temple and get baptized for the dead. She seemed to understand salvation by grace and claimed that was her position. After clarifying the one biblical reference to 'baptism for the dead' and that being mentioned in the Bible does not make it a command of God, I explained to her that she needed to exit the LDS. She will need fervent prayer to do it and hopefully bring her friends out as well. I recommended a local Christian Church for her to shift to.
- Katy was taken by Ryan all the way to where she needs to count the cost without delay and commit fully to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Ryan talked with an atheist who later admitted he deserved to go to hell.
- Another atheist he talked with ended up blaming God for the 'bad' things in the world.
Both these heard the gospel. May God do His sovereign work work in their lives. We thank Him for the privilege of serving Him; for equipping us to tell His gospel without fear or favor; and for wisdom when not to engage someone in conversation whom God had not prepared for today's ministry. To Him alone be glory and praise.
View previous Capalaba report (27 March 2017)
Capalaba Team (QLD)
Meets 2-5pm every Monday afternoon (except public holidays) at the bus station between the two shopping centres (next to Noeleen Street).
Contact Ryan Hemelaar for more information.