The Battle Log is the place where reports from each of the Operation 513 evangelism teams are posted.
It gives you a brief idea about what occurred during the outreach and some of the highlights.
Even though there is not a report from each team on the Battle Log every week, all these teams do meet according to the schedule (usually weekly).
So please keep them in prayer and consider joining one if it is in your area.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 25th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today we have a full team of four at Sunnybank including Johnny, Gary, Amy and Hung. It was for a long long time we needed to split up the team with Johnny serving on the East side of the foot bridge near the Sunnypark side. This explained why we had less picture for Johnny. Praise be to the Lord, the Holy Spirit continued to orchestrate the team work, with one of our team members making the first approach without success or just a short chat but then with a 2nd team member following up with a long and fruitful conversation. In particular, I have at least 3 to four very fruitful chat that the gospel target made explicit promise to make their step of faith either as a new Christian or as a revived Christian to return to God. Amy my new co-worker pastor continued to experience the good work of God allowing her to have many more fruitful gospel conversations that helped to boost her faith and trust in God. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung.
1) I first caught up with a man carrying a bag with two big signs in side. I joked with him that he should be a good mate with Gary who also like to make big gospel sign for Christ. It wa a pity this ice breaking chat could not lead on to the gospel message, but the man happily took a tract from me as the bus arrived.
2) Sam is a near ABC from the North-Eastern region of China but he came at very young age. 東北大朋友 Yet he was the rare species that can still speaks fluent Mandarin because he has very good communication with his mum at home. He was very impressed by the gospel and eagerly said he will tell his mum to receive Christ. That was the beginning of my fruitful gospel sharing this afternoon.
3) Then a chatted with a Maori lady from Kiwi but also called Australian home like me. She was a very good listener and show good receptiveness to Gospel. It was a pity the bus cam a bit prematurely earlier before I can get her response. But it was obvious that the Spirit was at work in her heart,
4) Leno a young man from Tonga. After a quick gospel sharing, the Spirit moved me to ask if he is a Christian and he said he was. Then it began a long conversation of discipleship to bring Leno back on the right track to have first a full understanding of Gospel and the correct Christian walk to glorify God. He was completely fired up and was so excited to give me a both thump up even after getting on to the bus. It was good that we took a selfie to let me remember and pray for him whether we will meet again or not.
5) Then I approached an Indian girl who also showed receptiveness to the Gospel.
6) Madonna is an extensively mixed breed person that you cannot tell from her appearance. Her father is with cross breed of Chinese and Indigenous blood while her mother is also with multiple blood of the European countries. She looks anyway a white Australian. God gave me a nice ice breaker that she was carrying at least 10 shopping bags as such I teased her saying she definitely needs not only someone to give her a hand but many hands. We started our chat box and found she does not have any clear faith but was also impressed by the Gospel. She promised to ponder on making her needed step of faith.
7) Then the Spirit led me to approach Sammy a QUT student from Taiwan Taipei. She said someone already chatted with her and given her a tract, but it was only a very brief caht by Amy as Sammy was busy in doing her shopping first. After that, I caught up with her and God had given me another long chat that impressed Sammy to really envy the simple but full life of a Christian. She joyfully promised to consider receiving Christ and happily took a picture with me to leave a memory of our divine encounter for follow up prayer.
8 ) An Aussie middle age man showed no interest to chat but still took a tract.
9) A young lady form Hong Kong initially gave me a cold shoulder when I spoke to her in Mandarin.港女，不喜歡普通話. Once I identify myself as Hong Konger, then she turned soft and have a good chat of the Gospel.
10) Finally a local Aussie old man welcome me for a chat but then the bus came too quick to cut short our conversation. And I also called for the day after that.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 24th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
The weather has been volatile and unstable lately, with intermittent drifting to light rain and sunny period. But the ground has not been fully dried out especially on the church ground of our 3 acres premises. It created concerns if it will be dry enough for our 25th Anniversary on June 5th that our guests would have a safe parking environment apart from the concrete car park. Despite of all these anxieties, God still moves me to team up with Johnny and Winnie to do our regular Street outreach at Toowong on Tuesday. Winnie has been such a committed maid of God that despite she got tested positive last week, she re-joined us as soon as she was tested negative yesterday. Everything went well as normal with all of us having enough chances for a chat but meantime still many rejections that God might possibly use it to increase our ability to withstand adverse situation with our faith and trust in God undeterred. Today, God led me to chat with many people who had prior experience of chatting with one of us, at least once and possibly more times. Yet their understanding of the gospel is never complete and perfect. Thus, it is necessary for God to lead us to do revision chatting with some of those people who have a willing heart to listen time and again. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie: -
1) A Girl from China by the name of Zhu 朱, claimed that she had heard 已聽 the gospel but when asked what did she learn from the tract as well as the last conversation，she could not recall a thing. So she cannot but let me shared again the gospel 再聽. Pray that God will make use of all the past and today gospel preaching occasions to draw Miss Zhu a step closer to her eternal salvation.
2) Then I approach another person by the name of Huang 黃 actually from Quandong 廣東. He also had got our tract and heard the gospel once. With the previous experience, I simply shared the gospel once again but of course with many life analogy examples which Mr Huang found it interesting to learn. 有趣. Pray also for the seed of Gospel will one day grow bud and bear fruit in His time.
3) Then God led me to approach an UQ student in the dark green uniform of the Operational Therapist department. She is a delightful girl and open to gospel. It was a pity that her bus came a bit too early before I finished the gospel sharing.
4) The Spirit then led me to approach another UQ fresh year student from Indonesia. Despite of her Muslim background, the Spirit moved her to listen attentively to the Gospel message which she also acknowledged that they are all logical and sensible. Pray for the following up work of the Holy Spirit in His time.
5) A young man playing game as such rejected my approach.
6) Andorra yet another UQ lady student, yet time was not enough for me to complete the full Gospel yet a tract was taken.
7) A young guy by the name of Huang黃, from Tianjin 天津 who came at young age as such he could not speak Chinese fluently as if he is a half ABC. Thus he was brought up in western culture as such he is more open to religious chat. I barely finished the full Gospel and a tract was given to him. Pray that it all will become useful for his ultimate conversion to Christ.
8 ) Finally God led me to an Indian by the name of Douhua. He of course is a Hinduism follower. But God let me to have unrestricted time to share the full Gospel. He knew about William Carrey and has many Christian friends, so I added myself into his friend list that I will be another Christian friend of Douhua. He gladly acknowledged this spiritual relationship I intentionally tried to build up with people who are pursuing for God.
Battle Log of Winnie:
我在上週六禱告 神！告知 神，不幸感染病毒，祈求 神憐憫醫治及指示我前面的路，今天是否可以上 Toowong 傳福音，如果可以，就讓我 negative。昨晚我測示到陰性，表示 神悦纳我今天可以上 Brisbane了。我只是有些喉痛，可能近日吃 Toast 太多，經過昨天，飲花萁參與甘草水後，今天已经痊愈了。感謝 神的憐悯醫治。
1. 澳洲青年，Ben。當我講完福音以及提示，如果我們每天犯一次罪，一年便犯了365 個罪。但是悔改信靠主耶穌，十年架的救赎。我們的罪便得赦免，有永生的盼望。他聽後，説，會認真的想想。
2. 印尼少女，Betty。佛教徒。我講及什麽宗教都是道人向善，但是它的佛象是人手做的。基督信仰是三一神，聖父，聖子及聖靈。天地萬物都是 神所創造的。這是恩典，免费禮物。願意悔改，信靠主耶稣基督者，罪得赦免，得永生的盼望。
7. 南美女士，Khloe，穆斯林。與她的孩子，她坐着手推車上。我講述三一神，耶穌基督也是 神。祂為我們的罪死在十字架上，只要我們信靠祂，罪得赦免。得永生的盼望。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 18th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today Johnny was not available but Gary turned up with two of his newly made gospel sign. So together with Amy the three of us teamed up to serve the Lord and support each other. The weather had turned fine. The People flow at the bus stop was quite busy. As usual there were normal rate of rejection. And more or less equal chance for a chat. For me lately, God let me encounter many Christians, today especially, but all of them have problem with assurance of salvation, not sure if they are can be allowed into the heaven. So I spent quite long time for all those Christians to clarify the black spot of their faith. Recap below is my Battle Log.
1) John is from China at young age as such we still switched to communicate in English. He was open and a willing listener except our conversation had to be cut short with the arrival of his bus. I still managed to tell him the facts that no one can go to heaven unless you are perfect. And Jesus alone is that person a perfect man and a perfect God who had died for us to pay for our sin. Pray that the tract will help him to grasp the full message of the Gospel.
2) Next, I chatted with an ABC whose parents were from Hong Kong. He seemed to also have affinity with Hongkongers like his parents as such he was a very willing listener of the gospel with good positive response. He promised to read the tract and ponder about the promise of free gift of eternal life readily on offer by Jesus for anyone who is repentant to accept him as Saviour of their fallen life.
3) Then I approached Elena who had just declined the approach of Gary. Because she is a Christian so she considered she does not need to hear the Gospel. But I still was moved to approach her and amazingly, she found it OK to chat with me. She allowed me to share the full gospel first and revealed she is readily a Christian. Perhaps she just wanted to assure what I preached is the genuine gospel. So, it was my turn to test for here assurance of salvation and not surprisingly she does not have full100% assurance of Salvation. thinking she is not yet good enough as such she only has 60% certainty. I clarified the whole issue to her and she felt appreciated.
4) Sifter is a Malaysia English speaking person. He is also a good audience of the Gospel but a great pity the bus also cut short our conversation.
5) After that, I faced several rejections both by refusing to chat or simply absolute negligence.
6) The Spirit led me to get pass a few people to approach a black old man 0f 85 years old from South Sudan by the name of Allison Dille. He was not there for the bus but simply resting there to watch people walked pass him. We engaged in very long conversation starting from knowing history of his country of origin, his family of protestant Christian origins, and his Christian faith as well as his visions to build up his own country compatriot community and their cultural contextualized Christian Church to preserve their Christian heritage in their own contextual format. After having touched on all these vast topic and life issues, I returned to the basic testing for his assurance of salvation, but unfortunately, the good person mentality still crept in despite he claimed his protestant faith tradition. I nevertheless challenged him to think when did he receive this assurance that he is God's people again and how sure it is. So, he could not but admitted it should be the moment he received Christ. So, I further challenged him if he thought the redemptive work of Jesus is perfectly effective and sufficient to redeem us from bondage of sin. So again, he admitted the work of Jesus was perfect for saving us. So, I just lead him to know the complete salvation plan by God is in three-fold. Being justified by accepting Jesus as Saviour is just the first fold of past deliverance. On this basic, God will build on it to make us perfect by the life transforming power of the Holy Spirit which is the 2nd fold of Current salvation. Then when Jesus comes back for the 2nd time, our body will be renewed back to perfect which is the 3r fold of salvation. Therefore, doubt not that God has given us the free gift of eternal life or the heavenly citizenship before we are yet to be perfected. He thanks me for this exchange of information and was happy to let me take a photo to leave a mark in our life about this divine encounter.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 17th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
As usual, Johnny, Winnie and Hung teamed up to served at Tooowng. The weather was fine and the general response was normal meaning rejection and willingness to listen to Gospel is half half. For me, I met several Christians. To my surprised, majority have full assurance of salvation but still happy to get on with sharing for reinforcing their full understanding of God's three fold salvation. It was also the first time I forgot to bring my own iphone, as such I had to rely on Johnny and Winnie to take pictures for the team. Recap below are the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie:
1) Samuel , a Christian from an Indian Christian Family. His answer to the two diagnosis questions was OK but not perfect. He admitted he should have 100% of assurance of salvation because of simply the redemptive work of Jesus not counting any of our own merit of good deeds, But his seemingly perfect answer was marred by his supplementary remarks that he will endeavor to become a better if not perfect Christian so as to add weight or extra assurance of his salvation. Then clearly his original claim of 100% assurance of salvation is not exactly 100%. What he lacked is the full picture of God's three fold deliverance as per 2 Cor 1:10. Anyway he thanked and appreciated my explanation on this important Christian issue.
2) Then I chatted with Johnny a Christian from Malaysia. His Chinese was limited as such we resorted to chat in English. And to my surprise, he has the best perfect understanding of the gospel and full assurance of salvation. I queried him to have the self awareness that he is still not perfect even becoming a born again Christian, will this diminish his assurance down a few point from 100%. His answer was spot on, his assurance of salvation will not wavier but remain the same at the time he received Christ. So I gave thanks to God for Johnny who has perfect insight on the three fold deliverance as per 2 Cor 1:10.
3) Then I approached an Indian middle age man. He showed me a cold shoulder then I recognized he was the one half a year ago used violence to rob the Good Person Flip Chart and made an ugly scene. Thanks God he did not erupt to day only coldly stopped me to share further the gospel to him. I thanked him anyway for the patience to be bothered by me.
4) Then I was completely neglected by another Asian look young lady with tattoo on her arm. She did not reject and stopped me or asked me to leave. Yet just treated me as transparent air. I of course thanked her to let me bother her for that short while and leave her alone.
5) Then God led me to Chat with a young lady from Singapore who is a non-believer, yet she was opened and happy to listen to the gospel attentively with good and positive response. The bus arrived when I was about to finish and she grasped a tract to make sure she has the full message.
6) Then I met a third Christian from Thailand. He again surprised me with the same perfect articulations of his 100% assurance of salvation. I must give credit to the Missionary who brought the Gospel to him in Thailand. I asked if he is attending church here and he said no. Then I advised him better find a spiritual home , may it be a local church or at least a Christian fellowship group like Power to Change.
7) Finally I had a long chat with Logland , a local Aussie. He is a non-believer but was open to listen to the full Gospel. He was interested to the message and promised to read the tract and ponder further on this good news.
感謝主的保守和带領，雖然週日，粤語堂和華語堂 都有一姊妹患有Covid-19，經過我測試後，是陰性。所以我放心今天上 Toowong 傳福音。懇求主繼續保守我，免受病毒感染。還有教會兩位姊妹，希望她們早日康复。阿們！感謝讚美主！
2. 兩位中國青年，Justin & Ryan。當我講完福音，他們説會想想基督信仰。
3. 兩位中國少女，Kim & Rebecca。Kim 是基督徒，她不太明白救恩及真理。所以我從新講述福音及見證给她們聽。她們説會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
5. 香港少女，May。她説曾经收過我們的單張。我從新講述福音及見證给她聽。我又説我們不知道明天将會發生什麽事？但是信了主，不用懼怕，可以完全交托给主來安排。看她有感動，我再講及 神的大能。最后她説會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
6. 澳洲少女，Jessica。曾经聽過很多不同的宗教。我對她説，很多宗教都是教人向善，而他們的佛象都是人手造的。基督信仰是三一神，聖父，聖子及聖靈。天地萬物都是神所創造的。跟着我講及亞當和夏娃因不聽上帝的説話，被趕出樂園。罪就開始，一代代傳留至今 。之后我講述福音及見證 神的大能。她聽後，説，會想清楚基督的信仰。
8. 非洲青年，Frank。在日本出生。我講完福音後，看他似乎不願信主，但當我再講 神的大能見證後，他説，會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
9. 澳洲青年及澳洲出生的中國少女，Jerry & Betty。當我講完福音及見證後，巴士到達。
10. 印尼來的穆斯林青年，Jeff。我講及基督信仰是三一神，耶稣基督也是 神。以及我最近的見證，神的大能。
11. 看似香港少女與 Johnny 談話。我以为 Johnny 不懂廣東话，所以她離開。後來我和她倾談，知道她是從韓國來的。她不願意聽福音，所以我講了幾句重要的福音给她聽，我便離開。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 11th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
It was a rainy and cold day but it could not stop the Sunnybank team to keep our commitment to preach the gospel to people of all nations either in good time or in adverse condition like today. Gary could not join us, not because of the weather but his kids got sick that he could not leave home too long, so instead he did his own outreach nearest to his home. So only Johnny, Amy and Hung came to team up for God. There were less people flow , but because of the incessant rain, people were forced to assemble under the cover of the bus stop as such, all of us still got amble opportunities to get into conversation with some and in the meantime, as usual also rejected by many. But God is sovereign making no mistakes to destine some to be touched and softened to listen to the gospel and letting some remained stone heart with the seed sown for sprouting into life in His time. We just serve faithfully to grasp hold of all the divine appointment God open for us. Recap is the Battle Log of Hung:
1. John a near-ABC who came her at the age of 5-year-old appeared open and willing to engage in conversation though in English. It was the first time he heard about the gospel and showed willingness to pursue God and salvation.
2. Then I approached a fat guy who kept using excuses to avoid a chat with me though not an outright rejection. I anyway still managed to give him a tract and left a message that everyone needs Jesus unless you are perfect.
3. Approached Janet, a Christian lady and tested 100% assurance of salvation.
4. Ken from Taiwan, not really interested in the religious stuff, but I still managed to share with him the nutshell of Gospel.
5. Amy was one of the four students from a private high school. She is of African origin and appeared quite receptive to the Gospel message listening attentively and show appreciation afterwards. Johnny was doing the same thing with the other three girls which I overheard with some ridiculing voice. So I was glad God used me to single out Amy from her other more playful friends.
6. Then approached a Vietnamese Christian man but it was a pity I did not have time to test for his assurance of salvation.
7. I met Mr Chan 陳from Malaysia yet a Cantonese speaking person. 馬來華人廣東話. He once attended church but going no more. I could only manage to keep up with him a friendly relationship to wait for next opportunity as his bus came very soon.
8. Then God led me to meet with a Korean Christian but weirdly he avoided questions for diagnosis about his assurance of salvation. It was a very rare reaction from a born-again Christian that don’t want to share about his faith.
9. Then God led me to chat with Brook yet another professed Christian. She passed the test to show she has 100 % assurance of salvation. Though she works in a bakery, but she involves in many forms of church ministry. I am glad that her perfect understanding of salvation will be an asset of her church for bringing up younger kids to receive Christ finally through the correct teaching of the gospel.
10. Approached Jenny a Vietnamese lady. She was also a willing listener of the Gospel
11. Finally, Johnny referred Mrs Wong to me as she is from Hong Kong黃女士，she claimed she used to attend Hill Song but no more after pandemic，Surprisingly senior people seldom has mature Biblical teaching yet Mrs Wong showed she has 100% of assurance of salvation simply because of the redemptive work of Jesus through dying for our sins. Later, I found out that she is the wife of a senior man that I used to have greeting when we met at Sunnybank. It was good that I finally could confirm that the faith of that couples are pure and correct.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 10th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Today forecast was originally 95% with rain, but by grace we still had a good and dried period for our street ministry. Again Johnny, Winnie and Hung teamed up to serve. Winnie was not well on Sunday but thanks God that she had recovered good enough for today ministry without the threat of catching cold again if there was rain as forecasted.
The general responses were not good, all of us faced many rejections. But again, by grace of the Lord, the Holy Spirit did work to turn around the hearts of several initially stone hearts persons to end up listening to the full gospel and even engaging into meaningful Q & A about the Christian faith and Bible difficult passage. Meantime, God also used our outreach platform to minister to practical needs of an UQ students having suffered from the flood with lingering aftermath. God is good and Good is gracious to those who love Him. Recap below are the Battle Logs of Hung and Winnie:
1. Approached a Lady with the Gospel half Preached when her bus arrived.
2. Approached a Taiwanese couples, yet they showed great reluctance even to have a casual chat and the bus also arrived very quickly ending our conversation.
3. Approached an Aussie girl who listened but not really receptive and refused to take the tract and even not willing to tell me her name. Nevertheless the full gospel was shared.
4. Two English speaking boys also declined my approach for a chat, had to give up after a second trial.
5. Approached Jesse and another girl who left to answer a phone. So only Jesse was left for the gospel and she showed willingness to listen to the full gospel with good sign of receptiveness.
6. Then I approached Ellen a Malaysian Indian who initially refused the invitation to chat by Johnny. The Spirit moved me to have a go though she still showed initial reluctant to chat but the Spirit moved both me to stay and her to soften her stand and ending up letting me to have shared the full gospel to her. She is of Muslim background, but she at the end still found the gospel rational and logical to comprehend.
7. Approached an Indian mum and his adolescence son. The son took my tract and seemed willing to listen. But the mum rejected especially their bus came at this time.
8. Finally approached Harsh an Indian lady. Again, she showed initial reluctance to chat but finally I finished sharing her the full gospel.
Battle Log of Winnie:
10/5/22 ，Toowong 。
感謝 神！今天天陰，但没有下雨。很多人都不願意聽福音，站立到遠遠來等巴士。在我未分享在Toowong 傳福音之前，我想要分享在三日前的一見證 神的大能。
在週六早上起來，很精神，行動自如。于是禱告，唱詩歌讚美 神及閲讀聖經。跟着吃早餐，及練習週日教會須要唱的詩歌。週三南港福音堂邀请我週日去助唱，我知道母親節，黄金教會下午不须要練習，所以我也藉此機會來探望他們，因为很久没有到他們的教會。當我練習完詩歌，起來準備做運動的時候，站不起來。背后腰部非常痛，行路都要彎着身子。于是取藥膏來塗，及吃止痛药。坐下懇切的禱告，求 神憐憫醫治，及饒恕我隱而未現的過錯。週日可以讓我出席侍奉。整日我不停的塗藥膏，及按時吃止痛药。週日早上起來，還有少許痛。我照往時一樣，靈修後，吃早餐。當我塗藥膏及吃止痛药後，我便回教會。當我在教會侍奉，行路的時候，完全没有痛楚，可以企直，正常人一様。下午又回去南港侍奉。感謝 神！真的是今天不知道明天将如何！我們的衣食住行，完全在 神的手中。感謝讚美主！
1. 香港少女，UQ 學生，胡嘉希。當她聽完我講的福音及三日前我的見證，她願意悔改，信靠主，找教會尋求更多真理。
2. 香港青年，UQ 學生，Sirus。當他聽完我講的福音及見證。他也是願意悔改，信靠主。他知道 St. Louise 有一間基督教會。相信是陳佳德牧師那間。他説會去教會尋求更多真理。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 4th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today, Johnny re-joined the Sunnybank Street outreach together with Gary and Hung. Amy was sick and had to be excused. Sunnybank is still predominantly a Chinese major evangelism field yet still with opportunities to preach the gospel to people of other nations (People Group) So I am extremely impressed for the effort and commitment of Gary joining us at Sunnybank. He has to repeatedly replenish more Chinese Tracts from us. In return, I can always follow up on those gospel targets of Chinese and Asian descendants having been approached by Gary but in Chinese. We thank God for good team work and commitment despite of tough external environment for God’s glory sake.
1. God first led me chat with Shirley an old Aussie lady who also felt threatened and distracted by a Japanese woman who had a mental health weird behaviour display. I anyhow still managed to finish sharing the gospel message though her heart was half carried away. Still trust God might have His follow up work on her.
2. I then approached another Chinese woman who politely declined my approach claiming that she has got the tract before. 中婦己拿 I could not do much as the bus arrived at that time.
3. Then God let me to approach two Chinese girls with one Cantonese speaking from Guangdong 廣東and another from Mandarin speaking province. The Cantonese speaking girl was interested and willing to listen on but I still managed to switch to speaking in Mandarin so that both ladies could listen. The Cantonese speaking Girl appeared very receptive.
4. Then I was led to approach another Chinese lady who speaks good Mandarin by the name of Li李，I was surprised to find out that she was actually an ABC. She admitted that she has heard gospel before 聽過，but she still has some issues yet to be clarified有一些看法覺得有聽進去, God gave me enough time to lead her through the gospel and hopefully she was completely clear this time. So just has to pray for the work of the Spirit to move her to make the last step of faith to receive Christ.
5. I approached another Chinese lady but just had time to give her a tract when her bus came. 中女趕車
6. Then I saw a Nepal man reading a tract from Gary. I waited until he finished reading and tried to follow up on the nutshell of the Gospel. Though he still declared he is a Hindu follower, but he was impressed and attracted to pursue God which is a good sign and he certainly is on the path planned by God for him toward his eventual salvation.
7. Rosy is a very westernized Afghanistan lady having come to Australia for 17 years at the age of 11-year-old. Seemingly she is still not yet a believer, but she was very graceful for my sharing of the full gospel, and promised to ponder the pursuance of God.
8. Then I was led to approach another Chinese lady of Buddhism background. I still managed to throw her the idea of atonement of sin by a Saviour rather than relying on our good deeds to earn out admission to Heaven which is a futile idea.
9. Maria is yet another ABC but could only communicate in English. She declared herself a Christian but was tested without 100% assurance of salvation. She was glad to have this clarified and asked me many other questions how to conduct a Christian life including if she should maintain ore even develop her friend circle with non-believers. Her mum gave her the idea that Christian should avoid making friends with non-believer which of course I do not agree. She was encourage to tune up her life for Christ to involve more in gospel outreach and to settle down in a church as her spiritual home for sustaining growth in spirituality. recommend back to church. Finally she showed her appreciation for our conversation and divine encounter by taking a selfie with me,
10. The last person I approached is a member of ICC by the name of Peggy Liu. I did not have chance to enter into diagnostic questions to test for her understanding of the gospel but trying to build connection through some mutual friends who are member of the ICC Church.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 3rd, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Today Johnny re-joined us after his combined mission trip to Tasmania & Holiday break in Sydney both with his wife Mary. He shared a bit more about his mission outreach at Launceston and Burnie for mixed same culture evangelism and cross culture outreach of which the latter is still a remote concept of most Chinese Churches. I was a good afternoon for outreach with some long and meaning conversations by some of our team mates conveying both the truth of the gospel and the cares for the emotional and spiritual need of the gospel target. Winnie had an over half an hour chat with a sad local Aussie lady whose husband is very sick and is being hospitalized for possibly his last journey of his earthly life. Winnie comfort the lady and encouraged her to seek peace and joy from the Lord Jesus Christ. As for me, I had a comparatively busy day having more short but significant conversations as recap below: -
1. An UQ girl from Jiangsu, 江蘇China was happy to affiliate with me because of my rare and precious traveling experience to her home town in 1974. She was opened to listen to the gospel sharing but it was cut short by the bus so just pray that the tract will serve the seed sowing purpose.
2. Then I caught up with Mark reeves about his well being during the flooding saga few weeks ago. He thanked God for protection and provision and is now back to normal with a relaxed mood to go hiking last week ends. He has been our back-to-back prayer supporter for our Toowong Ministry.
3. A Chinese face Filipino just pretended he did not hear my voice in order to avoid me. At the end, he was successful to avoid all of out despite I asked Winnie to have a go but she could not make it. So, It is all by the Grace and Will of God.
4. Next, I approached a student from Chin. He was brain washed to refuse learning anything apart from his Uni Course. I still managed to share him the nutshell of the Gospel. 中囯生.被洗腦只關注學業，仍有分享
5. Then I caught up with Rebecca a local Aussie girl. Shew is a non-believer but she was very opened and very receptive to the gospel message shared. I even had time to share my life testimony once helping out Sichuan earth quake disaster Relief that even such good works won’t earn me any merit for heaven, which was only by grace through faith in Jesus self-sacrificing acts dying n the cross for us all the sinners.
6. A Chinese girl passively received the tract and heard the nutshell of the gospel.
7. An Aussie boy just had time to take a tract with a concluding alert message that being a good person still is not good enough to earn us the admission to heaven.
8. An Aussie girl called Asiah who was a good listener and was very receptive to the Gospel message.
9. Then God led me to have a long conversation with a young man by the name of Chiang蔣 from China中國，he admitted he has heard the gospel before but still not impressed enough to pursue. 曾經聴，今天更全面了解But after my comprehensive Gospel sharing encompassing the three fold salvation , he felt the vague concept had all been explained and clarified so he admitted he is in a better position to make his last step of faith accepting Jesus at his personal quiet time.
10. Seemed to be a Chinese girl not good at English still I managed to share her the nutshells of the Gospel.
11. Finally, A 君阿俊 Ah Jin from Quangxi廣西, also listened to the full gospel message and rational mindedly, he found the gospel sensible and logical but still not fully moved yet to accept Jesus.
Battle log of Winnie:
1. 中國青年，Roy & Steve。他們初時不想聽，不信任何宗教。我説，無論你們有否宗教信仰，死後都有審判。Steve 想聽聽。我便詳细講述福音给他們。他們聽後，Steve 願意信靠主，找教會。Roy 须要時間想清楚。
2. 中國少女，Amy。没有興趣聽福音。我説，每人都有一死，死後會有審判。我問她 為何亞洲地方很多靈異出没？她想知道，于是我詳细講述福音给她，及説，耶稣基督在天家預備很多地方给基督徒。如果你信了主，當我們死後，便可以在那裏得安息，永遠與主一起。她聽後，她説會想清楚基督的信仰。
3. 馬來西亞青年 Tai。天主教背景的基督徒，解释救恩。
4. 中國青年 Peter，當我講完福音给他，他説會想清楚基督的信仰。
6. 中國少女，在等巴士的時候，忙于温習功課。我也不想打擾她，所以我给她單張及講了幾句重要的福音便離開。我説， 神爱世人，甚至將祂的獨生子賜给我們。叫一切信祂的，不至滅亡，反得永生。约3:16。
7. 澳洲女士，Sandra。我見她查看巴士時間，回來坐位時，行動不穩定。我問她是否非常疲倦。她説是的。因为忙于探望她的丈夫（Rob)，及預備他的飲食。他现在非常疲弱。我問她信了主嗎？她説小時有到主日學，因为看到親戚朋友一個，一個的去世，她便離開主。我解释给她，他們離開世上，一早已有 神的安排，可能這樣會比较適合他們。我們不知道 神的計劃，我問她願意我為Rob 及妳禱告嗎？她説非常好。我為他們禱告後，我説首先要 Rob 信主，無論他前面的路怎様，我現在有牧師在這裏，可以安排他到醫院為他洗禮。她説Rob现在不想見其他人。我説你盡量勸他。我説願意悔改信主受洗，便可以上天家。你願意信主嗎？我問她，她説願意。我説夫妻信主後，將來便可以在天家見面。巴士來到，我説，每週二下午1:30，我都會來這裏傳福音，你們決定怎樣，到時通知我。願 神祝福妳！
8. 香港少女 Vicky & Clare。我與她們閒談一會便引入福音，她們很尊心聽我講的福音，可惜講完，巴士到達。她們趕着上巴士，不能問及她們是否願意信靠主。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 26th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Johnny is still out of town after his Tasmania Mission trip. Only Winnie and Hung turned up as a team. We pray particularly for protection from undue interruption by unfriendly and prejudiced persons. And thanks God we had a very smooth and fruitful afternoon. God led me to catch up with willing hearts to listen to the gospel as such most conversations I had as a divine appointment lasted quite long for a full Gospel sharing as recap below: -
NB Please pray for my day surgery Bladder Biopsy operation tomorrow at Sunnybank Private Hospital. So I will skip Sunnybank street ministry for one day on April 27, 2022.
1. I caught up with two Asian looking girls of whom one just left shortly after the chat began for phone call. The other Korean girl, remained interested to engage in interactive conversations, allowing me to present to her the full gospel showing genuine interest and appeared quite moved to pursue. I introduced her to Power to Change.
2. Heidi is a Muslim Malaysian UQ student. She was very open to sharing of Jesus and appeared receptive to the gospel.
3. Iftakhar is from a Islamic family in Bangladesh. Like Heidi, I stressed that all religions are good but only good at teaching people to be a good person yet providing no solution on the punishment of sins. He showed positive consent to the logic and effectiveness of redemptive grace by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Again, I encourage them to pursue God by joining Power to Change in the UQ campus. He was very appreciative for my message and was more than happy to take a selfie with me to commemorate this divine encounter.
4. Peter is a local Aussie elderly man who has heard the gospel before but has not yet made the last step of faith to receive Christ. But today, despite of his vulnerable health situation, he appeared taking the gospel message all in and showed positive sign to make his last step of faith. He therefore was more than happy to take a selfie with me to commemorate this divine encounter.
5. After consecutive success in preaching the Gospel, God still led me to approach a die-hard guy who politely turn me down for a chat. I however still managed to share the nutshell of Gospel to him quickly and leave him with God.
6. Finally, I caught up with an Indonesia UQ student of Muslim background. However, he was also open to gospel conversation and show interests to look for joining “Power to Change” to pursue God.
Battle log of Winnie:
1. 新加坡少女 Ruby，當我給她單張，她説是基督徒，不願接受單張。我測試她的救恩，她不能回答。我問她為何每年都有復活節，她不想答。她叫我傳福音给其他人。所以，她是否真正的基督徒呢？我講了幾句重要的福音便離開。
2. 兩位中國來的青年，Roy & Ken。他們是第一次聽福音。當他們聽完福音後，願意認真的想清楚基督的信仰。
3. 印尼女士 Liane 和一男孩。她是穆斯林，我講及基督教的信仰是三一神，聖父，聖子，聖靈，及福音。我给她單張看看，甚麽是罪。當她聽完我講的福音，她説會想想基督的信仰。
4. 中國少女 Jessica，曾經跟朋友到過教會，我詳细講述福音给她。她説會想清楚基督的信仰。
5. 青年男士 Billy，無神論者，不願意聽福音。所以我講了幾句重要的福音便離開。
6. 兩位中國少女，Cathy & May。當她們聽完福音後，Cathy 願意找教會，尋求更多真理。但是May 説，站時不想任何宗教。
7. 日本少女 Trish，當她聽完福音後，她願意悔改信靠主耶穌基督，找教會尋求更多真理。而且很高興聽到我講基督的訊息。感謝主！
9. 中國青年 Eric，當我講完福音给他，巴士到達。
10. 馬來西亞青年，Jack，穆斯林。我講及基督信仰，是三一神。耶稣基督也是 神。當他聽完我講的福音，他説會想想基督的信仰。
感謝 神的带领。願今天所有聽到福音人仕，都願意悔改 信靠主耶穌基督，成為他們的救世主。奉主名求。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday April 20th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Praise and thank God we had Gary and Amy re-joining the Sunnybank team after the school holiday to form a three persons team. As usual, Gary set up Gospel sign to draw attention of pedestrians. Amy was good at chatting with young people while Hung mostly with the elderly today although it might not be a pattern. But today's experience led me to ponder the elderly people in the church are less equipped with very insufficient discipleship sort of teaching. They are full of weird thought and wrong teaching of the bible doctrine. The worse is, many of them are not yet saved without a clear understanding of the salvation by grace through faith in Christ and still considered good deeds are all we must care for rather than our mere faith in Christ. One good thing that can cheer us up was that, a group of Indian or middle East face people that Gary had approached at the far end of the bus station. After they finished their chat and walked past me when I was sharing gospel with Debbie, they gave us thumb up and laud praise by saying Hallelujah to the Lord as an affirmation and encouragement of our work for and with God. Recap is the battle log of Hung for today.
1. Mr Yu 余 from Hong Kong 港人 claiming himself and family are all Christians. But what shocked me was that he was proud to declare he does not believe that there is a God and deny the Creation account of the bible claiming it is a result of human ignorant of science and lazily attribute every thing to an unknown God. It really made me lost of word when he still claimed he is a Christian. I actually spent the longest time to try to answer all his self-contradicting theory. For example, he agreed that nothing will come from nothing. Everything must have a cause of its existence by creation. But then he rejects the world is created by God but a simply a kind natural existence happening by itself. He knows that Newton was a scientist but he does not know Newton was also a Theologian. And he rejected to accept the conclusion made by all top scientists including Einstein that when the material world failed to find the first cause of the universe, then it logically proved that the first cause is God who exists by Himself in trinity before time and beyond space. Anyway, I trust God let us chat to help me realize, a large group of nominal Christians are existing in the churches and proper teaching must be addressed to these ignorant group of people.
2. God gave me a break to chat with an easy going Kevin who is Vietnamese possibly of Buddhism background but appeared very open for discussion and showed acceptance of the logicality and rationality of Gospel. He was happy to take a tract to ponder on the issues and Gospel I shared.
3. Then I approached Debbie who said she had chatted with one of us before. I simply asked for permission to refresh her memory of what was shared and what she read from the tract and it proved that Debbie could get a fuller understand of the gospel and was just a last step of faith away from salvation by Christ.
4. The 2nd elderly Christian I chatted with was Mrs Yan 嚴姊妹from the EMP Church. She has no assurance of salvation and kept stressing that she will keep doing good things to earn assurance of salvation. I virtually shared the gospel all over from scratch to her but her mindset still got stuck at the non-biblical Chinese moral teaching of being a good person is the only thing a human can do to earn a ticket to heaven.
5. Tim and girlfriend appeared to be a very good listener of the gospel despite they said they had been approached by Amy. Later on I learned from Amy that they are from Mongolia Republic 外蒙, but not one province of China 內蒙. Actually, they are all Christians but it was a pity I got no time to test for their assurance of salvation.
6. Sharon a local Aussie lady that Amy mistaken as some one who had rejected her before. It actually was somebody else but Sharon was very open and receptive to the gospel message. She took a tract afterward indicating she will consider to accept Jesus.
7. The towards the end, I chatted with one of the Chinese students from 青島，天津，上海，I could identify with him my vast traveling experience in China to earn identification before sharing the gospel. Later I learn from Amy that some of them are already Christians as well.
Battle Log of Gary :
Spoke to another 'Christian' today who thought by being good is the way to heaven.
Alternatively and correctly - we only get to heaven by being forgiven.
The gospel is one of being given the gift of salvation - not working towards it or earning it.
It is only with the knowledge of being saved that out of it we have thankful heart's and will want to obey Him.
BTW. Please pray for this person - that they would truly be saved by Grace alone.
Romans 3:10 'As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one"
**We are deceiving ourselves if we believe that our salvation can be earned by adding to the blood of Christ**