Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday April 6 from 1330 - 1500.
The 3 days lock down last week killed off only once our street evangelism. We were able to be back again this week despite heavy rain kept falling nonstop for almost the entire past week. By God Will, rain stopped completely during our time of street ministry and started drifting down again as soon as we finished our closing prayer.
Despite restriction of social gathering are as such everyone has to wear a face mask in public place, it had almost no deterring effect on our street evangelism ministry. All the three of us, Johnny, Winnie and Hung all got good share of chance for a chat. Though in reality, people from Mainland China are harder to reach out especially they are accompanied with friends. Recap below was my 6 divine encounters.
1) My first encounter was with a girl from Mainland China. She showed overt reluctance to chat and reject to take a tract. Fortunately , she was by herself so she did not ask me to leave her alone. I could keep sharing the gospel in an unhindered manner and she apparently was touched by the message though her upbringing still have imposed on her a great bondage to open up for truth. Pray for God's further work on her. 中女，不情不願，仍照分享，認同福音，但沒接受單張
2) Then I caught up with a high level Buddhist lady . She discouraged me up front to not talk to her declaring she is an accredited Buddhist follower with good training of Buddhist doctrine. I had to strike a balance in letting her to voice out her view of Buddhism and chipping in message of Gospel to counteract with the Good deed oriented self-perfection practice. The Bus schedule did not give me more time to reach a satisfactory wrap up on our conversation. Can only pray for next round of encounter , if God willing.
3) Sophia was a lovely local Aussie girl whom I thought I had met before but I was wrong. Despite does not have any Christian connection in her upbringing, yet she received me with open arms to listen to the gospel with interaction showing high degree of receptiveness to the message. Pray for the final step of faith through the work of the Holy Spirit to bring Sophia to Christ.
4) Aman was an UQ student from China, like the first girl from China, he also showed initial reluctance to chat but finally caught up with me to hear the gospel.
5) An Indian mum with her daughter appeared a bit uneasy when I approached her. She nevertheless still allowed me to share the full gospel to her but when I touched upon sin and Jesus the only perfect man to die for us, she show obvious resistance to listen on. I pray and hope that the dark spirit in her life will be driven out by the work of God through the tract she took.
6) Another singleton UQ student from main China was approached by me to share him the full Gospel. He was comparatively more open and at ease to hear the good news with good sign of receptiveness.
第一位，Sam,中國 來的UQ 學生。
第二位，Steve, 中國青年，來自 Singapore.
第七位，Jenny, 澳洲少女。他們四位 都會想想信仰問题。
第三位，Matt, 中國青年，來自馬來西亞。及 第八位 印度少女。他們两位，是基督徒，但不明白救恩。我解释给他們。
第五位，中國年青人，Denial, 初時不願意接受單張及聽福音。稍后我再行過去，問他，如果明天有意外 死了。你會往那裏。我們是罪人，如果沒有耶穌基督 十字架的救赎，便要落地獄。我给他單張 讓他看看，什麽是罪。我説信靠耶穌基督，是免费的禮物。請想清楚。
願主賜福给今天聽到福音以及 未信主的人仕，認罪悔改，回轉歸向 神。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.