Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday 14th September, 2021 from 1330 – 1500
It was a windy afternoon but the enthusiasm of proclamation of the gospel was never diminished a bit. Winnie re-joined us after two weeks of rest for attending medical appointment and team up with Johnny and Hung as usual. The initial period was no good as the conversations were mostly interrupted prematurely by the arriving bus. Situation had gone better in the latter part of our stay at the bus stop. Getting longer time to finish at least the core gospel message. Thing I personally experience to day was that the readiness and openness of hearts is also in control at the hands of God, it has nothing to differentiate between religions or regions that any particular people group would be harder to reach. So, as a loyal servant of God, all we need to do is to faithfully convey the message of God’s good news and leave the result in God’s hands. Recap below are the divine encounters I had for today. Amongst them two are Christians, all the rest are non-believers in which 4 are Atheist, 1 Muslim and 2 Hindu. So , it presented a balance spectrum of religious following and people from different races.
1) A Malaysian English-speaking senior Christian馬老人英語基. The bus came too quick as such there was no time to check his assurance of salvation
2) Christine Lee, Antony ‘s wife. We caught up with each other and expressing respect for our faithfulness on the street that used to be dominated by the Mormon and Jehovah Witness.
3) David a local Aussie who were friendly to response but again not enough time to finish even the core of the gospel message. Pray that the tract will do good.
4) Another Chinese Atheist girl. 女生無神論 but was still able to get to the gospel message.
5) A young black guy with an USA accent appeared quite welcoming for the chat. Yet again, time just barely enough to finish the core of the gospel message.
6) Started another chat with a Chinese Girl中女, which again could not last long.
7) Caught up with yet another Atheist girl無神女, but was able to keep chatting to convey the gospel.
8 ) Katrina is a Malaysian Muslim girl but with a very receptive and opened attitude to engage in very deep conversation. She affirmed to me that being a good person alone would not qualify us to heaven. Her qualification to heaven is to have faith in God making me mis-guess her as a Christian. But she is a Muslim so I pointed out to her that the difference of the character of God of Christianity with all other gods is that He is both loving kindness and righteous as such He cannot left any sin unpunished. His forgiveness must be grounded upon an atoning grace by a perfect one who can be Jesus alone. He came to die for us and went to hell to take our place to receive the punishment of our sin originally due on us. So, God’s righteous requirement is satisfied with our sins being punished not on us but Jesus. For all other religion, the forgiveness of sin offered by their god is baseless. As no one ending up is to receive any punishment. This simple logic earns the full consent of this simple-minded Muslin girl and agreed that Jesus alone is the way, the truth and life to eternity. Pray that the Holy Spirit will do the last step to convict her into true Christian faith.
9) A Hindu couples declined to chat with Johnny just taking a tract from him. I gave it a go and the husband show unexpected friendliness to chat with me. Although his English is not that good, but roughly he showed respect to us seeing us doing street evangelism all the time and he had collected many tracts from us. I followed up on his comments on the tract if it makes sense. He just stressed that we are people of different culture and can be friend despite of difference in faith. I gave him a thumb up but still managed to point out the differences as I told the Muslim girl. The bus came and have to wait for another chance another time.
感謝主 今天遇到12人傳福音機會。載眼镜的青年人Joe, 另一青年 Matthew. 他們都是基督徒，解释救恩。另外一青年坐着椅子，Max, 會想想信仰問题。
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday September 7th, 2021 from 1330 – 1500
Today only Johnny and Hung were available as Winnie had an eyes specialist appointment. The weather in the early Spring was very fine, sunny but not too warm. Bus frequency was as rapid as usual but still leaving enough gap and people flow to get us fully occupied. Rejection rate was low close to zero. People either non-believers or Christians were mostly receptive. Many were reached people for us to do follow up. The climax for today outreach happened on Johnny, a seemingly informed Muslim from Egypt stopped on purpose to have a very long chat with johnny towards the end of our ministry period. We guessed that Muslim wanted to convert Johnny to the Muslim faith. Of course, it gave chance for Johnny to share with him the full gospel. May the Will of God be done. Recap below were my divine encounters: -
1) An Indian lady rejected Johnny and I gave a 2nd trial but still failed. Yet I still managed to keep chatting on the reason why being a Good Person alone is not enough before the bus came.
2) Ilin an ABC had good response to the gospel and appeared very receptive.
4) Patrick yet another ABC who has heard the gospel before, so all I need to do is to reinforce his understanding on the gospel and the implication of Jesus salvation.
5) Two Muslim Women were in a conversation themselves so they did not want to be interrupted but I still managed to leave them a tract.
6) Ali an UQ student from Iran who heard the gospel from Winnie and he is really attending church now though not yet officially receiving Christ but it is very close.
7) John an UQ student who was very receptive to the gospel so I recommended them to Power to Change
8 ) Patrick another Chinese UQ student from Hangzhou, China. He and his family are all Christians, but he admitted his faith has slipped back and cooled down. 杭州信淡了
9) Dustin is an UQ student from India. He also heard the gospel but still of the opinion that doing our best to be a good person is enough, his faith in God was tarnished by negative Christian witness. I still encouraged him to look inside if he considers him perfect. If not then he may seriously consider to ponder apart from Jesus, who can give him redemption to save him from eternal death punishment.
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday August 31, 2021 from 1330 – 1500
Today was the last day of Winter but the weather readily as warm as deep Spring. It was a pity Winnie could not join us because of the lingering threat of road blockage by the protesting truckie against Govt policy on lock down and compulsory vaccination. Thus, only Johnny and Hung served today as usual. With only the two of us, both were getting busier. Hung always gave Johnny the priority to approach people so Hung could take photo. It however did not reduce Hung chance of outreach. Recap below were the 11 occasions of Divine encounter.
1) A Local Aussie boy that I did not have time to get his name as I had to rush finishing the core message of the gospel before he boarded the bus. He appeared open to the gospel message. I trust the tract will help to path the possible next encounter here.
2) Another local Aussie boy when asked was not sure if he could go to heaven. The same problem happened that I could only manage to brief about the tract when the bus came.
3) It was good I spent most time with Lawrence a middle age local Aussie lady. She was very receptive and fed back to me that the gospel message all makes good sense. I encourage her to read the tract at home and digest the message asking the Spirit to guide her to face her true self and God to make her final step of faith to receive Christ which appear so very close already.
4) A local Aussie Mum with a baby in pram chased after the bus from a long distance away. I signed the bus driver to open the door to wait for her. Even though I had no chance to hand her a tract. But I believe this action love gesture would leave an imprint in the heart of that lady more ready for another divine encounter arranged by God.
5) Joseph was a Christian. But the diagnosis of his assurance of salvation only reached 99%. Even the bus had come, I still managed to make him aware of the fact that the work of Jesus dying for us taking our place to receive the punishment of our sin fencing off the hell of hire from consuming us is 100% effective. The 1 % uncertainty is from the evil on accusing us , particularly Christian to feel inferior and still not good enough to meet God’s ultimate standard of perfection missing out the understanding that it is also God’s plan to allow us a path to grow toward perfection learning from our mistake through the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
6) Kate was an UQ student in purpose dress. It was her first time to hear about the gospel and amazingly she found it very sensible, logical and appealing. Praise and thanks for the openness and receptiveness of Kate that God will do the rest to get her closer and over the final step of faith in Christ.
7) Pilfer with her cute daughter Sharon initially took a tract from Johnny but did not show interest to chat as she had to tend for her 3 years old daughter. She took the tract actually thinking that her daughter would like the cartoon pictures on the tract. So, I picked up from there to volunteer to explain to her daughter but in effect talking to her. The conversation went well and again she found no point to negate or deny the relevance and sense making message of the Gospel. Pray for God’s redemptive work on the Mum and daughter despite she has many tattoo on her body suggesting she is of post-modern youngster deadly in need of sense of self existence.
8 ) A girl rejecting to chat initially but ended up still letting me share briefly before the bus came and took away a tract to read.
9) Vincent is an UQ student from Jei Jiang 浙冮, China who claimed that I had a chat with him before. I asked what did he find about the message of the tract , then he frankly said it was already a bit blur to remember. I took the time to go over the gospel again with him who listened attentively. I pray he will get the points clearer and better this time and we may have future chance for follow up.
10) An Indian Lady was on phone without my notice and still took a tract from me while she was listening on the phone. It must be a lead for a possible future unfinished chat liked what I just had with Vincent.
11) Then finally I approached and Asian girl in English having a brief chat before the bus came.
Operation 513 Battle Log for Tooowng on 24/8/2021 Tuesday from 1330 to 1500.
It was a very windy day, but the three regular team mates Johnny, Winnie and Hung turned up as usual for our Tuesday outreach. All the three of us got chances of sharing gospel but of course with many more rejections. But we could see the grace of God was sufficient for us to ignore the negative feeling but focus on the seed sowing divine encounter. For me, I only have three good effective encounters but the one with Anthony was a rare long conversation with the clear work of God amongst us as elaborated below.
First, Ashinny an Indian blood Malaysian UQ girl. She of course is of Hindu background but appeared very receptive to the gospel treating it as a neutral option of faith. Actually she was approached before and read the tract at home. So I changed the tactics to ask if there is any area that she doesn't understand or disagrees with. She literally could not be more agreeable with the points we raised in the tract as well as the gospel message that we are all sinners that need Jesus to set us free from the bondage of our sin. After our chat she looked set a step closer to the conviction of the Christen faith.
Second, I approached Patrick who is an ABC whose parents was from Quanzhou 廣州，China. he is very open to the gospel unlike the mainland China students. It was a pity our conversation cut short by the arriving bus. He promised to read the tract and I prayed for another encounter in the near future.
Then God let me approach Anthony, an UQ PHD candidate specializing in Mathematics. He had initial hesitant to chat with me as he uses to consider religious chat is only sentimental making not much sense or have any logical thinking in it. But God opened up his heart and was attracted by what I shared staying for over 45 minutes, if not even around one hour at the costs of skipping several buses to remain into conversation with me. What interested him was not just the power of the gospel but my personal testimony showing how God transformed me from a self-centred and timid introvert person to a bold street evangelist through the many up and down of my life facing numerous trial and test and eventually leading me to accept the grace of Jesus Christ in 1990 in Manchester, UK where I did my Master of Information System at UMIST. Perhaps he saw the very similar path that I have gone through but eventually saved by grace through faith in Christ. As a logical minded scholar, it is hard to ask him to make a hasty decision to accept Christ, but God readily softened his heart that he indicated to me he will seriously going to a catholic church to continue his search for the redemptive grace of Jesus. He was so graceful for our chat and was happy to take a selfie with me. After we parted, I could see him reading the tract immediately before the bus arrived. Praise Ye to the Lord for his amazing grace upon Anthony.
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on August 17th, 2021 from 1330 to 1500.
Praise and thanks God the full Toowong team composing of Johnny, Winnie and Hung were all available again together after the lifting of Lock down. We all had many opportunities of chatting though most of them were short and was just enough for a nutshell of the gospel and handing out a tract. Johnny had an exceptionally long chat with Ivan a local Aussie. He initially responded jokingly not taking it serious, but the work of the Holy Spirit gradually drove him to become a humble and keen learner with good interaction with Johnny. Pray that he will be led to make his step of faith in God’s best timing.
Battle Log of Hung:
1) A girl called Kayla from Norway, happy to chat but conversation cut short by the bus.
2) Ali and his girl friend were pleasant for a chat and took tract despite our conversation was cut short by the arriving bus.
3) Rejected by a man with little Chinese
4) Rejected by a another postmodern look Aussie girl
5) Alisa an Aussie UQ student was receptive to the gospel
6) Grace another Aussie girl who was opened for chat but being cut short by the arriving bus
7) A Korean and a Chinese Christian happy to chat but they disclosed their Christian faith too late as such no time to check their assurance of salvation possibly they are member s of Power To Change.
8 ) Abby a Christian girl from Congo yet only has 80% of Assurance of salvation. Clarified in time before the bus came.
9) Vietnamese man who was friendly for a chat
10) Akosua is an India who attended Catholic Christian school. So he is likely an Australian Born Indian. He is opened to chat and receptive gospel.
11) Gordon appeared friendly and shook hand to say good bye.
12) A Christian gypsy who appreciated our street ministry. He was busy in making call so can’t have time to check for his assurance of salivation which he vaguely indicated it could possibly be 100%
13) An elderly man with grey hair rejected Johnny but I was able to catch up with him identifying with his multilingual ability. Later He indicated he attends the Sherwood Methodist Church.
Battle Log Of Winnie :
感謝主的带领，今天在 Toowong 遇到十四人 傳福音的機會。
第一及第二位，分别是Alice & Amy，中國少女。Alice 是天主教背景的基督徒，明白救恩，相片中。願意接受我给她的福音單張，傳福音给其他朋友。然后，Amy, 講了一半福音，巴士到達。
第三及第四位，分别是Patrick, 中國青年，和Agnes, 中國少女。講完福音，巴士到達。
第五及第六位，John & Luke, 澳洲青年。願意信靠主，找教會。相片中。
第七及第八位，林太及兒子 Steven. 香港來的。當我傳福音给他們後，講述 神的大能。她説 Steven 準備升大學，讀什麽科目比较好，我對他們説，禱告 神，祂一定會為妳的兒子開路。现在正是信靠主的時候。他們説會想清楚這問题。巴士到達，不能再傾談下去。
第九位 Jose, 中國一青年。當我講完福音，他説願意悔改，信靠耶穌為救世主。他問我怎樣才可以信主。我説到教會，聽道理。明白自己真正的信仰，牧師便會為你洗禮。之后 你就是基督徒。我给他咭片 找 Kenneth, Power to Change.
第十位 Eli, 中國少女，初時不願意接受單張及聽福音，後來我说 神愛世上每一個人，妳是否知道明天會發生什麽事嗎？假如你染到 COVID 19, 妳會怎様？跟着 我傳福音给她。巴士到達，不能再講下去。
第十一位 Francis, 澳洲少女，講完福音，巴士到達。
第十二，十三及第十四位，分别是 Jessica, Sydney, 澳洲少女。Trent 澳洲青年。他們都願意信靠主。我给他們咭片，找 Kenneth, Power to Change.
Praise and Thanks God to give Winnie the apostolic passion in her heart that she volunteered to come on Wednesday to do the Toowong ministry that uses to be done on Tuesday. She developed sudden tummy pain and starting to vomit as such she had to cancel coming up to do street evangelism with me yesterday. Today, she was feeling OK so she asked to come to team up with me to do the Toowong outreach we missed out yesterday. It was a normal day with successful chat much more that a few rejections. Recap below are the battle log of Hung and Winnie.
A) Battle Log of Hung
1) Justin a local Aussie who claimed himself an atheist. I expressed my view to respect his stand and not to argue if there is God or not but to discuss the “Good Person Test” as a common concept. Yet I skilfully make Justin to accept that everything on this earth must have a maker. i.e., Building has a builder though unknown to us, a watch has a maker and likewise the Universe so grandeur and amazing must have a beginning as well as a creator. Justin could not find a logic to reject my inference and all along my sharing, he appeared very friendly and receptive to the message. He was happy to take a tract to read at home and ponder on the message I shared with him.
2) Oscar lives up North that needs 3hours drive. He was delightful for a chat, yet I could only manage to finish the nutshell of the gospel before the bus came quickly.
3) Daichi is a Japanese UQ student from Kyoto. He was surprised to get a Japanese tract from me with a Japanese greeting He also appeared very receptive to the gospel message and asked at the end what he needed to respond. I simply ask him to repent and receive Jesus as his Saviour.
4) Jerrod, an UQ student of Civil Engineering from Malaysian. He is of Buddhist background but was friendly to have a chat. Actually, he reminded me I had chatted with him before walking all the way back to his apartment nearby. I was able to persuade him that Buddhism is good like all other religion to guide people to be a good person but could not resolve the issue of sin. And Buddhism by the way is not a real region as there is no God head but just teaching to achieve self-perfection. He was moved to give it a go to make the step of faith to receive Jesus as his saviour.
5) Jackson is a local Aussie who has just graduated but still living in St Lucia looking for job. He cheerfully accepted the tract as the bus came too quick for any meaningful chat.
6) Emily is a first year UQ student from Cairn. She was very delightful to chat with me. It was a pity I could only manage to share the nutshell of the Gospel when the bus arrived.
7) The I caught up with a student from Hangzhou, Jei Jiang, Mainland China. I could associate with him as I visited his home city even before he was born in 1973. It was again a pity that there was no much time to continue with a chat as his bus came very quickly.
8 ) My last conversation was with two Malaysians one of whom is named Li. They were open for a chat about the gospel and both took the tract to read when the conversation again had to be cut short by the quick arriving bus.
Battle Log of Winnie :
感謝 神今天的带领，讓我平安 可以在 Toowong 傳講福音。
第二位 Wendy, 中國少女，基督徒，不明白救恩，我解释给她。
第三位 Bruce, 澳洲青年。曾经信主，後來有事發生，得不到 神的幫助，所以放弃信主。我與他倾談很久直到巴士到來。我説我們一生都是 神安排好的，你看祂沒有幫助你們，你知道背后有 神的美意嗎？你知道將來會發生甚麽事嗎？我講一見証给他。數年前911 事件，有一位信徒在出發前禱告祈求平安上到飛機，怎知中途車軚爆了，抱怨 神不聽他的禱告。換軚後，趕不到上飛機。後來他知道這飛機失事衝撞了大厦，全機覆沒。于是這信徒向 神認罪悔改，是 神救了他。當我想問他 神是否一定會拯救世人時，巴士到達，他趕着上巴士，聽不到他的回答。
第四位 Alex, 澳洲青年，聽完福音，願意去教會，尋求更多真理。我给他咭片 Power to Change.
第五位 Thomas, 中國青年，願意信靠主。我给他咭片 Power to Change.
第六位 Melisa, 澳洲少女，願信靠主。可惜巴士到達，不能够再倾談。
第七位 Danial, Korean 青年基督徒。解释救恩後，願意接受我给他的單張，傳福音给其他人。
第九位 Alan, 𤞏太青年人。他不信耶穌，他説以前曾經發生這麽多事，很多𤞏太人弃牲。我説是人的罪， 神已经弃牲獨生子耶穌來到世上，拯救世上的人，死後三天復活。我們只要認罪悔改，罪得赦免。聖靈會指示信靠祂的人，當行的路。三一神讓世上充滿愛，罪惡減少。如果世人全心，全意信靠 神，顺服 神。便世界和平，沒有戰爭。巴士到達，他趕着上巴士，不能再講。
願 神讓今天聽到福音的人，更加明白 神的心意，全然信靠，順服。感謝讚美主！
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday July 20th, 2021 from 1330 to 1500
Praise and thanks God that our Street outreach ministry have been resumed today after three weeks of suspension because of first the locked down then the extension of the mask restriction rule to be ended this Friday 0600 hour. Three of us with Hung from Brisbane and Winnie & Hee Hee from the Gold Coast could not wait but still found the urge to restart earlier defying the mask restriction. We had past experience of doing outreach with mask on and the negative impact of outreach was close to none. Today all the three of us experienced special grace from God to have got many divine appointments with people either willingly or some with initial resistance. Case A3 & A5 with Hung and B2 with Hee Hee are typically the kind of initial rejection but turned around by God to end up as a fruit bearing conversation. Winnie and Hee Hee have shared their special encounter separately as quoted below as Part B and Part C.
A) As for Hung , recap below are the five conversations short or long yet none without the Plan and Will of God to let it happened: -
1) An old Aussie lady appeared very welcoming to our greeting. It was a pity that the bus simply arrived too quick that left us no room to get into the sharing of the gospel. It anyway was not a too bad start.
2) Jenny a local Aussie girl who appeared indifferent to my Gospel sharing. But I still managed to finish sharing the full gospel to her before the bus arrived.
3) Maggie an UQ student from northern Qld who showed initial reluctance to chat. But I identified with her by means of my outback experiences in NT , WA and North West Qld then she was all open for a chat. She obviously has been resisting the gospel for a long time but finished listening the nutshell of gospel this time before the bus arrived. She hurried away for the bus but surely this time with the tract and the seed of gospel left in her heart.
4) Allan an UQ student from Mainland China, who got off from the bus heading for the Toowong village but was stopped by me. He politely indicated that he got the tract and had a chat with our people before. I followed up on how he found the tract and the gospel message he learned from last conversation. He responded that the message was sound and sensible but he is not yet ready to make any major commitment to accept Jesus yet. I any how more or less revised the whole message stressing that it is his own right to ponder any time longer before a conviction comes form the Holy Spirit. But I suggested to him to approach and join Power to Change that they are a group of Christian students who are willing to answer more question if any from Allan. He left with a more positive attitude towards the need to respond to the Gospel any time sooner than later.
5) Allusa is an Indian PhD at UQ with specialty on Neuro Science. She was very proud of her academic achievement as well as her Family up bringing in Hinduism religious cultural background. She did not intend to stop for a long chat, but God made her had a sudden spraining of her ankle as such she had to stop to rest for a while. I made use of this golden opportunity to share her the full gospel. She found no loop hole in the logic of God’s redemptive plan through the sacrificial death of Jesus to take our place for shouldering the punishment of our sins due on us. She simply claimed she could not betray her own religion. I reassure her that her own religion as well as all other world religions are not bad but all serving the purpose of guiding people to be a good person. But as explained by the tract, being a good person alone is not good enough to make us perfect. We all have to face judgment after we die for our sin. Only Jesus incarnated as a perfect human being 2000 odd years ago who died for us was capable of paying for our sin with His sacrificial death. My mission is just to let her be aware of this redemption package offered by God. I am in no position to pressurize her to make an hasty immediate decision. Just take her time to ponder on the Gospel message and leave it to the work of the Holy Spirit to bring final conviction of faith in His Time.
B ) Brief records of Lin Hee Li’s today's divine encounters:
1) Tried to give an overseas student from China the evangelical pamphlet. He said he had received the pamphlet before. Then I chatted with him and introduced Jesus to him: Jesus died for our sins. But raised so that people believe can be at peace with God. He was willing to listen.
2) Two gay people refused to chat when i asked whether they knew Jesus. But then the one first rejected showed willingness to chat when I sat next to them for a short while. I told him in Jesus' time, he loved to meet people who were socially being rejected. Jesus accepted all people and loves us all. He then answered me his grandpa (aged 105) who died recently used to attend Church. He thought Grandpa lived his life in full and he loved him. We continued to chat further regarding his surgery recently. Bus arrived and he left with an appreciation that I would pray for him re his recent surgery.
3) Wo Tai, Vietnamese, different religion, Buddhism. He's got the pamphlet before. Explained to him Jesus died for our sins so that we can be at peace with God... I could see his heart soften. And said he understand what I said. But bus came. I said God loves blessing him. He nodded.
4) Talked to two overseas students (girls, one from China, the other from Taiwan). They said they haven't heard about Jesus. I had the chance to tell them Jesus's salvation. Encouraged them to attend University Fellowship by Power To Change.
C) Battle Log of Winnie
感謝 神今天的带领，雖然人流不是太多， 而且很多人都不願意聽福音及接受單張。神都给我遇到六人講解福音。六人中有四位是基督徒。其中有兩位不明白救恩。
第一位 Nolan, 澳洲青年，父親是牧師，自小在基督信仰家庭長大，他完全明白基督信仰及救恩。我問他願意上街傳福音嗎？將好消息傳给别人。他説沒有上街，但有傳福音给親戚朋友。
第二位 Amy, 從 Melbourne 來的中國女子，她説是基督徒，當我問及她的得救信仰，她不能回答。我問她願意將好消息傳给朋友嗎？她説沒有朋友。我從新將福音傳给她，希望她明白。
第三位 Alan, 澳洲青年。他不接受單張。在巴士未到之前，我盡快將福音傳给他。
第四位 Anna, 澳洲女士，基督徒。她明白救恩，願意接受我给她的福音單張 傳给别人。
第五位 Gary, 基督徒，來自PNG. 相片中。不明白救恩。他以為做善事，反教會和侍奉教會便可得救。我解释给他。
第六位 Jason, 中國來的 UQ 學生。聽了福音後，願意找教會，尋求更多真理。
願 神祝福 帶領今天所有聽到福音人仕，找到適合教會，永遠跟隨主。而其他的基督徒，願意遵行 神的大使命，將福音傳出去。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday June 22, 2021 from 1330 to 1500.
Today we had a bad start without any successful approach within 15 to 20 minutes in the beginning period. Johnny quickly resorted to extra prayer assembling us to pray to God asking Him to turn around the situation. It was really a lesson that God wanted us to learn that as a servant of God in street evangelism, nothing of our skill and experience will count if God does not open door for us to work with Him. We have to always humble ourselves to follow His guidance and be patience to let Him lead and open up opportunities according to His timing and plan.
After the extra prayer time, God did turn around the situation to let us picking up chat with more people even though stern rejection and hostile response against our approaches could still be experienced. Because of the initial slow people turn up rate and high rejection rate, I intentionally let Johnny and Winnie to grasp all gradually increasing chances first. As a result, I got fewer chats than normal conditions. My first successful chat was somewhat 30 to 40 minutes after we started. So, my Battle Log and Winnie’s one are recap as below: -
1) Shade an Indian girl whom I made a first successful approach. She appeared very friendly and open. I could take my time to share here the full Gospel and she seemed to be receptive to the gospel message admitting she is a sinner though regarded also as a good person. She did not show unwillingness to accept Christ before her bus arrived. So, I can only assume she will positively ponder to accept Jesus under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
2) Anna and Aussie girl and another Indian origin Singaporean girl both showed no rejection to let me chat with them about the Gospel. Like the previous Indian girl, both appeared very open mind with true interest to listen attentively and understand what I share. It was a pity their bus came a bit too early before I could seek out their responses. But I believe God will take care of the rest.
3) Debbie yet another Indian girl but claimed to profess Hinduism. She told me she had received the tract and had a chat with one of us. I asked what was her impression about the tract if it is logical, rational and sensible. She said yes but seemed to think that her Hinduism belief was no big different from Christianity. When I asked her how salvation will be ministered to sinners like us then sh showed that actually her mindset was still blocked by Hinduism that as long as you follow the teaching to be a good person, you will be blessed and saved. It was again a big pity I could not have time to explain the differences between Christianity and Hinduism before the bus arrived. Let just pray for next time when we met.
4) A Vietnamese man showed no interest first to Winnie. As usual I made a second approach. He chatted with me a short while but still politely decline to have any more conversation on religion which I had to let go.
5) Then God vindicated my persistence to approach reluctance people on first approach by Winnie. It was two Chinese Student from Shanghai 上海. They had been chatting amongst themselves as such they did not want Winnie to interrupt them making a move to go to the far end of the bus stop to continue on with their chat. The Holy spirit moved me to make a 2nd approach and it turned out to be a success this time. I had time to share the full gospel and got positive response from both of them when the bus arrived. So again, I have to let God to do the follow up and harvesting job.
6) A Taiwanese Christian girl first approached by Winnie sharing her full gospel before knowing she is a Christian. Then she invited Johnny to join the conversation. He invited her to attend the Sherwood Methodist Church when he knew she has not attended any Chinese church here. I nevertheless took the chance to check about her assurance of salvation which was well passed.
第一位 Jean, 中國來的少女，當我講完福音，巴士到逹。
第六位，澳洲少女，當我傳福音给她，她開始咀咒 神 耶穌基督，説我是罪人，随處講耶穌。我回答她，我們的確是罪人，我傳福音目的是想救人的靈魂。神祝福妳，願妳平安。我便離開。
第七位 Jason, 中國青年，聽到這位澳洲女士大罵耶穌。當我傳福音给他時，他説是基督徒，我想测试他是否明白救恩，但巴士來到。
第八位 Anne, 中國來的 UQ 學生。初時不願意聽福音，後來我問及她，如果死後你知道往那裏去嗎？在緊急的時候，沒有人幫妳，妳會怎樣？她沒有回答。跟着 我傳講福音及見証给她。問她願意悔改信靠耶穌基督為救世主嗎？她説會認真想想。
第九及第十位 中國來的 UQ 學生，當我傳講福音给他們，他們不願意聽，説巴士來到，我以為他們真的上了巴士。當關牧師問及我這兩位青年人站在巴士站旁邊，我才醒覺他們還在，可能他們看錯巴士。便請關牧師向他們傳講福音吧！
第十一位 Nora 台湾來的少女。基督徒，不明白救恩，我解释救恩及講我的見証。我們很投合。因為她是台湾來的，便叫 Johnny 來，一起倾談。Johnny 介绍她到教會。關牧師也來到，講述長细的救恩及基督徒的生命歷程。
Operation 513 battle Log of Toowong on Tuesday , June 15, 2021 from 1330 - 1500
There was a big storm in the morning but the weather turned very fine in the afternoon best for Street Outreach. Today we encountered a moment of stagnation that none pf us can get a chat. So Johnny as leader called us to have a second round prayer to break the spiritual deadlock which proved working. Team work was evidenced that I provide back up for Winnie when she faced some intentional argumentative target. IN short, God let us learn once again to have patience and to persevere despite of momentary persistent rejections to keep trusting Him.
Recap below are the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie: -
1) Mimica from PNG was a fair dinkum Christian having 100% assurance of Salvation and perfect understanding of faith in Christ despite she has a father of Catholic background and a mother of the Uniting Church camp. We shared and rendered mutual edification by fellowship in Christ.
2) Dean an agnostic but disguised himself as a God fearer. Winnie approached him first but was trapped in apologetic debates diverting Winnie to discuss if Mohamad is a lesser Saint than Jesus. I intervened and took over the conversation drawing Dean back to the prime issue of the sin of all human beings though we are considered as good persons. Dean cannot denied that he is imperfect as such he also have to face the issue of Judgement by God after death for our sin. Then I introduced Jesus to show Dean the great difference of Christian faith against all other human made religion including Islamic faith that he tried to quote to degrade Christianity. Before the bus came, Dean acknowledged that only Jesus provided a solution for shouldering our sin by His planned sacrificial death. Mohamad was just a human being who was not perfect ass such could not played any role of our saviour like Jesus did. Dean conceded his argumentative attitude by accepting my tract at the end. Pray for God's continuous work harvesting his lost soul.
3) Chris is a middle age man with no religion background. But God has made him humble and behaved politely towards my invitation for a chat. He listened to the gospel with patience and interacted rationally showing great receptive at the end to the gospel message. He also changed mind to take a tract to read at home. Pray also for God's continuous work on him.
4) Finally an Indian girl getting off from the bus heading for connecting train. She was in a hurry, I anyway walked with her for a short while to convey the nutshell of the Gospel and gave her a tract.
Battle Log of Winnie Choi: -
數日前收到醫院短信，通知檢驗眼睛须要改期，所以馬上参加 Toowong 傳福音的工作。感謝 神的帶领，今天雖然很多人不接受單張及聽福音，神賜给我遇上九人傳福音的機會。有些人願意聽，但是巴士卻來到，令他們聽不到福音。
第三及第四位，Joe & May, 中國來 UQ 學生，聽完福音及我的見証後，願意信靠主，找教會。
第五位 Jean, 澳洲少女，基督徒，解释救恩。
第六位 Bella 穆斯林，推着Baby 車，我講述基督教信仰是三一神，耶穌基督為救贖我們脱離罪 牺牲死在十字架上。只要我們信靠祂，罪得赦免。她接受我所講的及見証，會認真想想。（謝謝關牧師的教導，怎样應對穆斯林）。
第八位 Buda, 印尼男士，福音講了一半，巴士到達。
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday June 8th, 2021 from 1330 - 1500
Today was a gloomy day but the three of us Johnny, Winnie and Hung by grace have a fruitful day. Johnny specially got a couple of long chat ending with a near conversion humble heart. Winnie as usual worked relentlessly catching 13 divine appointment opportunities as recap below despite she was once being swore at by a local Aussie. It was the grace of God and on the street experience that help Winnie to shake off this unfriendly insult to keep focusing on her work. As for me, God led many Christians from non-Christian country like Columbia, Syria. All of them do not have assurance of salvation that need clarification. We gave glory to God for using us to do this fruitful outreach.
1) Derick Pakistanis that I met for the 2nd time. He claimed him an atheist and non - religious who has no knowledge of afterlife. Before I had time to correct his mind, the bus came so will leave it to next time.
2) Irene a Kiwi from NZ and think it is possible for her to go to heaven but by good deeds. I could manage to give her the answer that no body unless we are perfect can go to heaven. Again the bus came so it has to wait till next time.
3) An Aussie guy just took the tract and managed to touch base on the nutshell of the gospel.
4) A Thailand young man also thought being a good person would earn him the ticket to Heaven but the Buddhist background. Again I said nobody can go until our sin is properly dealt with by accepting Jesus as our saviour. Could not have more time to dwell on the issue as the bus came.
5) Daphanie a protestant Christian from Columbia that used to be a Catholic country. Her family is catholic but she claimed herself a protestant. But she still carries the background of Catholic failing to have full assurance of salvation. Thanks God that I have enough time to clarify it before letting her go.
6) Philipus from Greek originally had no interest, but the Spirit softened his heart and we could carry on with gospel chat which however did not last long but still it was a good effort to turn his cold heart around to listen to the gospel.
7) A girl from Jei Jiang Hangzhou浙江杭州 who work at a Chinese Restaurant of Xian Cuisine.餐廳西安，Initially she reject to chat but because I can associate with his work and life background so the Spirit again softened her heart to take a tract at the end.不要聊天後,拿單張
Indian father whom I met a year ago with here daughter who now has graduated and started looking for job. So we kept a friendly chat to build a relationship for next chat.
9) An Aussie big girl getting off from the bus who had no time to chat but still got my tract with a few words of the core contents of the Gospel.
10) Donpia a Syria Christian who has no assurance. He was humble and glad for my clarification.
Recap below is the Battle Log of Winnie:
第一位 Christine, 澳洲女士，基督徒，不明白救恩，我解释给她。
第六位 印度少女，Melisa, 講完福音，巴士到達。
第七位 Allison, 澳洲少女，願意信靠主，找教會。
第八位，Angela, 相片中。來自南非。基督徒，經過我解释救恩，她願意接受我给她的單張 傳福音给其他人。
第十一位，Bill, 中國來的 UQ 學生，初時不願意聽，但聖靈臨到，我用不流利的普通话傳福音给他，他聽後，願意信靠主，找教會。
第十三位，Mel, 中國男士 來自新加坡，基督徒。我測示他得救的確據，他講了很多確據，最後都能講出重點來。
願主帶领 今天願意信靠主的人士，找到適合教會，永遠跟隨主。而其他的人士，想清楚，盡快悔改歸向 神。感謝讚美主！