Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong Village on Tuesday July 14, 2020 from 1330 to 1500
Today was windy and chilling cold but our passion for Christ to be the light and salt of the city were not dimmed an iota bit even I was not at my best with a minor cough. Since we only have three regular members as usual, thus I still felt the urge to join Johnny and Winnie and see how God would lead me. God's grace was really sufficient. I was able to have two full and complete conversations with other minor tasks of tract handing out and short conversation. God knew my situation of having a dried mouth after talking a while as a result of taking Day and night cold tablet, so I was given just two conversations. Both cases showed His sovereign grace as both persons Gary and Rachel the mum had initially declined the invitation of Winnie to stop and chat. I was not aware of that and was moved nevertheless to make an approach yet with success. So our street evangelism work have all along been in direct control of God's hand.
In the mean time, both Johnny and Winnie had numerous opportunities with many mainland China students that normally would reject to talk. But today, God used Johnny and Winnie to touch and reached many Mainland Chinese UQ Students all with very fruitful result.
Winnie had 7 divine appointments of which 4 were with UQ students from mainland China. Others was one from Brazil, and two were local Aussie students. Among them many claimed to be Christians but all do not have assurance of salvation. I spent some time to pull Winnie aside to teach her how to help those nominal Christians to establish their assurance of salvation instead of just asking them to sin no more and ask for forgiveness from God. We must direct them back to establish their trust in Christ and Christ alone for taking our place to receive the hell punishment of our sins, as such we do not need to wait for our own self perfection effort to become a better person first. The deal is done at the moment we repented and received Christ as our saviour that we are reconciled with God right away and be justified as His people. This immediate change of our eternal identity in Christ is crucial to let God start His life re-engineer work through the Holy Spirit to make us perfect and becoming an unique masterpiece of God. During the process, God allows us to make mistakes but learn the lesson by asking God for forgiveness and seeking His strength to stand up from where we fell to sin no more next time.
As for my two divine encounters, they were not less of God's grace and miraculous work.
Gary is a local Aussie UQ student, he initially had a skeptical facial expression to reluctantly let me start our chat but at the end found the gospel message logical, sensible and relevant to his life situation.
Same for Rachael the mum of two lovely kids. She declined Winnie initially perhaps because they were still walking towards the Bus stop. It is not settling for her to talk with two kids running around on the road. I did not see that , so I approached her when they took their seats at the bus stop. Even with initial reluctance because of the distraction minding the kids , God soften her heart to let me share even with herself facing the early afternoon sun. When I noticed this, I used by body to form a shade to protect her eyes which she was grateful about it. Under this kind of interaction, she appear completely receptive to the gospel which she claimed she heard it for the first time. I asked her the checking questions to find that she completely has got the points and was willing to consider to receive Christ may be at a more quiet and private time free from the interruption from the children and after reading the tract again.
第一及第二位都是中国來的男學生，可以與他們講廣東話。第一位講了一半，巴士到逹。第二位，楊明義，願意到UQ 大学的教會，寻求真理。第三位澳洲學生，也是講了一半，巴士到達。希望他們在巴士上看看福音單張。第四位Loren, 中国來的學生，基督徒，不確實得救，沒有返教會。我和她談了很久，她願意重返教會。第五位是基督徒，也是一様未有得救確據，傾談後，願意傳福音给他朋友。第六位是Brizil 來的基督徒，Renee, 願意悔改，傳福音给朋友。第七位是Emily, 中国來的學生，基督徒，她説她很多罪，每周她都返教會，願意悔改，傳福音给朋友，我给她福音單張。
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday July 7, 2020 from 1330 to 1500
Praise and thank God for yet another sunny and warm winter afternoon good for street evangelism. We prayed to ask God to provide divine encounters to stop people who are ready for Gospel. In a sense, we cannot avoid stereotype labeling strangers that some may tend to avoid gospel like people from Mainland China. But today result proved that God is sovereign to stop two mainland Chinese to listen to Gospel by Winnie and appeared willing to accept Christ after the way of salvation by grace through faith in Christ is explained. So it is always the mission of God to elect and move people to repent and receive Christ. Johnny and I had our opportunities which can be referred to his separated post on Face Book.(*) For me, there were five divine appointments as recap below: -
1) Jean a Scottish old lady who has no religion but surprisingly appeared very receptive to listen my full gospel sharing. At the end, she acknowledged that it is logical and sensible for her to consider to accept Jesu as her personal saviour. Pray that God will move her to make this final step of faith.
2) A Hindu man deemed that as a good man is good enough to go to heaven. I walked with him for a long enough distance to clarify that this is a wrong concept that good person will have better chance than bad guy to escape the eternal death punishment. He could not argue with me that there is no consequence for a good guy but still with imperfections or sin. Pray that God will keep changing his mind to repent and receive Christ.
3) A typical mainlander girl took the tract but then tried to walk as fast as possible to avoid listening the Gospel.
4) J.T. a Fijian young man had great interest to listen to the gospel and declared at the end he is a Christian but without assurance of salvation. He was glad to have it clarified and can now affirm he would have 100% certainty of salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone. Out fo grateful appreciation he took a selfie with me.
5) Patrick a local Aussie young man like J.T is a Christian but no assurance of salvation. After going through the gospel sharing he was completely clarified to regain 100% assurance of salvation. Likewise, he took a selfie with me out of appreciation.
Attached here below is the recap by Winnie for her six divine encounters four of which were with nonbelievers Zag from Myanmar, Terry and Ann from Mainland China and a local Aussie students. All of them indicated they were willing to receive Christ. Two were with a local Aussie Mum, and Rebecca from Singapore who are Christians but without assurance.
1) Zag 缅甸學生，無宗教，願意回教會 學習多的真理，才信靠主耶稣基督。
2) UQ 本地男學生，講完福音後，他説 他曾犯很多罪，不是好人，我想回答他的問题，但巴士到逹，他趕着上巴士。
3) & 4)Terry & Ann, 中国留学生 Ann 未聞福音，聽完我講的福音後，想到教會寻求多的真理。她上巴士後，Terry 在後面聽着我對Ann 講的福音，很有感動，想我再講多次，他聽完後，願意接受免费禮物，信靠主耶穌基督。
5) 澳洲女士推着 baby , 她説 她是基督徒，她好肯定她會上天堂。不願再聽福音，趕着走。
6)，Rebecca, Singapore 來的，基督徒，她説 她都會犯罪，我説禱告，對神講述，認罪悔改，罪得赦免。我問她願意傳福音给其他人嗎？她説可以，於是我给她福音單張。願神憐憫今天聽到福音的人，認罪悔改，回轉歸向神！感謝神！
(*) Sharing by
下午Operation 513有三人在Toowong 傳福音，感謝天父上帝的帶領和祝福，有許多人停下來聽到了福音，祈求上帝賜福憐憫，讓他們願意悔改並回轉來信靠耶穌成為他們的救主。
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday June 30, 2020 fro, 1300-1500
Praise and thank God that the three of us Johnny, Winnie and Hung continued to be called to serve faithfully at Toowng being a mission field opened up by God for us to work with Him. Our original aim is to target mainly the overseas students in particular those compatriots from mainland China. But by past experience, their atheist up bringing and tight surveillance by the CCP official have put full bondage on their freedom and openness to listen to Gospel. On the contrary, God let us easily approach people of all other nations with or without other religious background. There was no exception today, we continue to have good divine appointment and conversation with variety of people. For me, I had seven chance to share the Gospel as recap below: -
1) Peter, a nominal Catholic background Christian appreciated my sharing of the gospel and explanation of the real meaning of salvation by grace through faith but not depending on our good deeds. Pray that this divine appointment will serve the purpose of God to re-engage Peter's life for continue upwards growth.
2) Michael was a Returned Service Man with Christian faith but fell away from God due to a lot of harshness in life especially the late illness happened to his daughter. I walked with him for a long way to express my empathy but stressed again that God is sovereign and cares for the eternal well being of his life and his family members' life.
3) Nancy a lady from PNG, gratefully thanked my sharing which was cut short by the bus. It was short but it helped to clarify her assurance of salvation was in Christ and by Christ alone.
4) A young lady from Brazil let me walk with her to share the gospel to her. Though Brazil is a Catholic country, she has no religious belief but she admitted that the gospel message is logical and sensible and promise to ponder after reading the tract at home.
5) A lady took the tract but rushed the red traffic light to cross the road as such I can only let her go.
6) Channel a Filipino UQ student had a long chat with Winnie already but she thought she is an indigenous people . On his returning from the Toowong Village, I caught up with him checking out his country of origin and found out that he actually is a Christian of Catholic background yet without full assurance of salvation. Thanks God that I helped to have it clarified before the bus came.
7) Ken an UQ student with cross blood of Brazil and Romania is from a pious Christian background family but he himself has not yet received Christ. He found the sharing of Gospel very appealing and touching that he voted to make commitment to receive Christ like his parents. I introduced him to get connected with Power to Change for spiritual growth and recommended him to join CCCB St Lucia.
Operation 513 Battle Log of Toowong on Tuesday June 23, 2020 from 1330 - 1500
Praise and thank God for a fruitful afternoon with the three of us i.e. John the captain , Hung and Winnie to team up to serve in windy condition. Yet, the wind did not stop our work paved by God as such we all had almost non-stop divine appointment opportunities. The three of us actually represents three generation of OPN 513 ministry. Johnny joined first since 2014 and introduced me to join in 2018 than Winnie was introduced by me to join in 2019. Pray that God will continue to use us to mobilize more World Christian to join especially those who have done Kairos and are on the life integration journey to develop apostolic Passion for the mission of God.
Johnny had several significant chats with several local Aussie and a UQ students fro China. Especially the last one that the chat last over 40 minutes. Trusted God has wonderful work on this young fellow. (*1)
Winnie had three full gospel sharing opportunities to two local Aussie and one older lady from New Guineas. They all were receptive to the gospel and Winnie even referred them to Power to Change and the Chinese Church near by. For details, please refer to her sharing in Chinese.(*2)
As for me, I had 7 significant chats as recap below: -
1) My first gospel target was Michael, an Aussie of Catholic background. He was wearing a T shirt too thin for the windy condition. But he willingly stop to chat with me by removing to a less windy spot. We had a long chat that helped clarify all the misconception in his Catholic upbringing that he is saved by grace through faith alone in Christ. He was so appreciative for our talk that willingly he agreed to take a selfie with me.
2) Then I caught up with two girls from mainland China. Normally , the mainlander tend to reject for a chat. These two were no exception. One even tried to discourage my approach by claiming that she believe in ET rather than God as such just save my gas to bother them. But God was gracious enough to let the other girl to remain holding a more open attitude to let me share the full gospel with her. At the end, the rejective girl was kept silence to listen the full gospel as well before the bus came just right at the end of my sharing.
3) Neda an UQ student from Qatar. she quickly declared her Islamic faith. I rightly assured her that all regions including Islam are not bad but they only serves to moblize people to become a better person. Yet none if them address the issue of sin and punishment that without Jesus we will all be condemned to suffer eternally in the hell of fire. She found the gospel very logical and sensible as such she appeared quite receptive at the end and promised to ponder further after reading the tract at home to make her decision of the life time to trust Jesus as her sole means of salvation.
4) Kim is also an UQ student from Philippines of Catholic and Buddhism mixed faith family background. She anyhow was very open to gospel and also appeared very receptive to be saved by grace through faith in Christ.
5) Linda another UQ student from Canada is also of Catholic background that does not have clear understanding and assurance of salvation. Our chat helped her to have all the misconceptions clarified.
6) Li the the 2nd last is an UQ student from Malaysia. He was reluctant initially to chat but God moved and changed her attitude to become more receptive later. He has no clear profession of faith. The gospel appears logical and sensible to him but at the end of the day, only God can do the final touch in his life.
7) The final one was a local Aussie listening to music with head phone. God still made him stop to accept my tract and stop for a brief chat of hte nutshell of the Gospel before teh bus arrived.
(*1) Johnny's Sharing
感謝天父上帝的祝福和帶領，下午在Toowong 的街頭福音事工Operation 513有三位参加關牧師,Winnie,和我。下午有不錯的福音對話，有兩位年輕人Alice and Manny他們聽完福音後決定要信靠耶穌成為他們的救主。另外有一位自稱是佛教徒的昆大學生Gery 黃，與我談了約四十分，他今天應該會想想如何面對上帝公正⚖️的審判。
(*2) Winnie's sharing
感谢主 今天的带领，傳了福音给三人。Lee, Mimi 及 Vivian. Lee & Mimi 是本地人, 他們願意信靠主，接受免费救恩，到教會尋求真理。Vivian 是 New Geinea, 來澳，基督徒，不太清楚自己是否已经得救，担心她先生在那處。我長细解释她聽，她聽後，放心交給主。願主譲今天聽到福音的人，繼續㝷求主的話語向前走。感谢讚美主。
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on June 16, 2020 from 11330 to 1500
Praise and thanks God that a team of five was gathered today for the second week of returning to the street in Toowong. In addition to Johnny the leader and me, Hung, we had Col, Gary and Winnie rejoining force with the Toowong team. And the hustle created by the closure of the Bus stop was removed as it is now reopened so that Winnie can station there to get many good chats. Please refer to her sharing in Chinese below(*). Basically she had three completed conversations with three UQ students Danial, Renee, & Alice by using the "Good Person" flip chart and a few more incomplete approaches being cut short by the arrival of the bus. It was really a good encouragement for her after such a long suspension of ministry.
As for Gary and Col, they teamed up to serve at the foot of the pedestrian bridge also with many valuable pieces of conversation.
Johnny chose to serve alone at the other side of the Toowong Village near the Front Main entrance. He had one good full conversation also using the flip chart. He knew how to wait before God in whatever circumstances.
As for me, I got four divine appointments which I recap as below: -
1) Jade is an UQ student without any religious attachment. She was initially reluctant to chat. But God softened her heart to stop and ending up for a long chat hearing the full gospel. Her attitude towards Christianity was greatly changed knowing it is not just yet another worldly religion appealing people to do good work alone. She now admitted she is not a perfect person with punishable sins that can only be paid for by the sacrificial death of Jesus. She also knew that accepting Jesus is a crucial step for her holistic salvation to first having reconciled with God regaining the lost heavenly citizenship. Then we are just a work in progress to be transformed towards perfection by God through the work of the Holy Spirit in our born again life.
2) Mia is an UQ student from Shandong. She said Col and Gary had talked to her and given her an English tract. I anyway gave her the Chinese tract and accompanied her to walk a long way back to her home near by for a full clarification of the Gospel in Chinese again. It certainly helped her to grasp the full understanding of the gospel without any message lost in translation.
3) Aaron Daniel Hennig is a local Aussie Christian who once had a happy family with a Chinese Wife and a lovely daughter. Yet his wife only was interested to have a baby with him and fled back to China with the baby girl. He tried to keep this sacred marriage going but his wife still sought for unilateral divorce. With such a great set back in life, he once lost himself and become a home less people. Thanks to God that he together with other home less people have been relocated to live in some Government provided apartment near by in Toowong because of the threat of Covid-19. He is able to pick up his life from where he fell and become positive and trusting even more deeply to the Lord. He even shared a poetic message with me that he had written for a Russian lady friend on Face Book who complained about her tough life. At the end, I still managed to check and ensure he has correct understanding of salvation and knows he can go to heaven just because of Jesus Christ,
4) Janna is a young UQ student from Nepal yet having a Chinese looking face. I thought she must be either professing the Hindu or Islamic faith but she surprised me that she is a Christian by birth from a Christian Family back home. She further shocked me when I tested on her assurance of salvation and she gave me the correct answer of 100% certainty. It could be better if she could tell this with a very firm tone. But anyway, God's work in her life as well as her family is never short of miracles.
(*) Winnie's sharing in Chinese
感謝主的带领，今天讓我傳到福音给三人，Danial, Renee, 及Alice. 相片中是大學生，Danial從 Melbourne 過來。Alice 是 South Africa 來澳，而Renee 是本地人。他們都相信神 拯救世人，為我們的罪死在十字架上。願意信靠主。另外有两位因为巴士到，聽了一半，趕着上車。
Battle Log, Toowong Village : June 9 Tuesday 1330-1500
Praise and thank God we resumed our Street Evangelism after a pause for 14 weeks because of Covid-19. The scenario of gospel sharing opportunities are different because of two major impacts: 1) the relocation of the bus stop to UQ to a temporary location losing for us a concentrated spot for long conversation. We have to grab opportunities by stopping people on the street. 2) Students are in general not in a great hurry as they now have no class but all switched to online study. They came to Toowong mainly for shopping.
For This first day of reopening of Toowong ministry, only Johnny and I were available. We pray that more old and new team mates will rejoin us as God's Willing.
God had given Johnny three major long chats(*) while I got divine opportunities of mixed length as recap below: -
1) One UQ Aussie man was in a hurry for a Medical appointment. I still managed to share the nutshell of the Gospel indicating we are good person but still an imperfect sinners that needs salvation of Jesus.
2) Two Chinese UQ students took the tracts but were not interested to chat. However, I still manged to have friendly chat with the 2nd one sharing my testimony.
3) A Local Aussie elderly lady sought my help to look for the location of the relocated bus 2nd temporary stop. I took the chance to share the gospel with her on our walk to that bus stop. It was a pity she missed the bus by just a couple of seconds. But I pray that she will not miss the chance to know and receive Christ through my sharing and the reading of the tract.
4) A local Aussie couples took the tract on my way back to the first temporary bus stop.
5) A local Aussie girl was willing to chat at the first temporary bus stop and appeared receptive. She missed the bus despite waving to stop the bus. She anyway did not complain and chose to walk home.
6) A Beijing lady let me walk and talk for a long distance of 1km down the road to her home. Pray that seed of Gospel was sowed and the tract will help bearing fruit of salvation.
7) A Catholic man politely allowed me to share with him. Typically he has no no assurance of salvation. Could not carry on for clarification as his booked taxi arrived.
8) Grace from Singapore also was looking for the 2nd temporary bus stop. After showing her the direction, she did not rush to leave but stay to have a long chat with me. Quickly she told me she is a Christian attending CCCB St Lucia the English congregation. She also has the problem of no assurance of her salvation and humbly let me clarify everything for her.
(*) 感謝天父上帝的帶領和祝福，今午在布里斯班西區的Toowong ，街頭福音事工再一次展開，關牧師和我站在老地點，天父上帝把人帶到我們面前聽福音，今天有高、范、張三位UQ 學生聽到了福音，祈求上帝來拯救他們。
Battle Log For Toowong Village on Feb 25 , 2020 from 1330 to 1500
It was a cloudy day with cool temperature and light breeze best for Street Evangelism. With Johnny overseas till end of April, praise God keeps moving Col, Yueng Hang, Winnie and Hung to serve faithfully every week. Kenneth joined us at 1400 after he finished meeting near by. With the school terms having begun, we have many UQ student to approach. Though the success rate is not high normally below 50% in average, but it still enable most of us to have been fairly occupied for meaningful conversation.
One interesting instances was, God let the same person who claimed himself a Father of the Anglican Church met Hung first then Col later. That person got every understanding of the gospel and salvation right but erroneously thought that repentance is a work that we need to do in order to redeem the salvation prepared by Jesus. This interpretation of repentance of course is in sharp contradiction against the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith as per Eph 2:8-9.
I did not have enough time to correct this erroneous understanding as the bus came. It was funny he came off the bus as he did not have enough credit to buy fare. He had to walk all the way to the shopping centre to recharge his pass. In this connection, he passed by Col and was stopped for a chat. Col told me he got to the exact same spot of taking repentance as an action for some one to do to gain salvation. So these two encounters were no coincidence but a wake up call for that Anglican Father and perhaps for us too to grasp the limited time we have to correct wrong doctrinal interpretation when opportunity turn up. Anyway recap below are the 5 conversations I had.
1) Phoebe an UQ student from Redcliffe who is a local Aussie with some Christian background but is not yet a believer. She stopped happily to chat with me about the gospel and was in no hurry. So I share every ins and outs of the salvation of Christ and why we all even good persons all need Jesus. She was convinced and lament as a human we are all very weak at doing what is taught to be good and more often doing what is not right in flesh. So she admitted every one including herself needs Jesus and is willing to accept Christ. I anyway have given her the contact of power to change to get on her life as a Christian. (20min)
2) Bali an UQ student from Sri Lankan. He was receptive from the outset and is willing to let me share the Gospel. It is a pity the arrival of the bus cut short our conversation. So can only pray for God's follow up work. (5 Min)
3) Farren a father of Anglican Church correctly answered the question about salvation but still considers repentance is an action that we have to do to grasp hold of the free gift of eternal life. I was about to clarify but the bus cut our conversation short. Miraculously God stopped him from riding the bus away as his bus pass ran out of credit. He got off the bus while I was taking note of the conversation with him so when I noticed he was off the bus, but too late to stop him to continue with the unfinished issue. Yet God let Col stopped him as mentioned about. It was a pity their conversation also stop at the point of incorrect understanding of repentance and salvation. We can only trust God has His way after giving Farren these two wake up call. (10Min)
4) Indian aunty and nephew. The man claimed he is perfect and will go to heaven. Initially he did not want to talk but after my insistence the man started responding and got clarified no one is perfect. Pity the bus came and ended our conversation. (10 min)
5) Agatha is an UQ student from local Australia of catholic background. She is a fair dinkum Christian leading a devotional, prayerful and worshipful life style. She is sure about her salvation but has minor struggle to feel imperfect to deserve God’s grace. Happy to have my clarification that though safe as a Christian with 100 % assurance of salvation regaining our lost heavenly citizen identity through Jesus. We are still not perfect but will bound to be transformed back to perfection ultimately. But this won’t affect the saved status gained through Jesus.
She was brought up in Catholic Christian background but encountered some bad experience and developed some mental illness issues. It was the deep encounter and experience of Jesus salvation that helped her to get out from the bondage of mental illness. She knows God used her to minister to those who have similar issues so she is leading a life with God's mission entrusted on her bringing positive impact to many others. (25min)
Battle Log for Toowong Village on the 18th of February, 2020 from 1330 to 1500.
This was the first time we started with three Cantonese speaking team members all from Hong Kong. As Johnny is still in Myanmar and Col was attending the funeral service of Lee Anne's Mum. Lily joined us later at 1420. The ministry started with a very low pace and inactive response at the initial stage. We encouraged each other to hold on and God did show his grace for us to have more meaningful contact later on. The stand out divine encounter was between Winnie and Jenny, after God blessed her with another chance of long sharing with Christy. (For details , please refer to her testimony in Chinese.)
So overall speaking, it was yet another gracious day of ministry helping us to wait before God for His initiative faith movement. I myself had seven contact as recap below.
1) Stuart a local UQ student who was the first one having accepted my tract and let me walked him to the bus stop. I just barely finished the nutshell of the Gospel when his bus arrived. I pray that the tract will be used by God to further soften his heart for salvation.
2) An UQ student from Hkg who has just arrived in Brisbane for half a year.. He appeared indifferent to the Gospel but still let me talk and talk with him to have lunch. I had only about 3 minutes to share the nutshell of the Gospel with the Novel Coronavirus as the analogy to sin that will make God bound away from us. He any way still took the tract and pray this was just the beginning of his journey of salvation.
3) Alice also an UQ student from NZ possibly a cross breed of white and Maori people. She is a girl of very kind heart and open mind taking the tract first when she cross the road at the traffic light and agreed to let me walk her to the bus stop. I was able to share the full gospel with her full attentive listening. Her facial expression told me that she was sincerely impressed and appeared very receptive. It was a pity again that the arrival of the bus cut short our conversation, giving her no time to response. So pray that God will do all the needed follow up work.
4) A girl from China whose Mum is a Christian and she got the tract before but not ever having a chat. So I walked her to the shopping centre and finished the nutshell of the gospel. Again her reaction was not very enthusiastic, but I have to learn to trust God that this walk of faith sharing will not go in vain.
5) Sebastian an UQ student of possibly Muslim background by his name. He got a tract from Winnie form the foot of the bridge and walked towards me at the traffic light. I asked him when he passed by if he would like to let me chat a bit about the tract. Without sign of rejection I walked and started sharing the Gospel with him. Then I received the most severe and blunt rejection of God and the perception of Heaven. With the inspiration of the Holy Spirit , I ignored the argument for the existence of God and Heaven, just went straight to the heart issue of human sin. He kept reiterating that being a good person and learn from our mistakes to become a better person should be the right attitude to lead our life. I used the analogy of Policeman booking a person for speeding, can this person use guarantee not to speed driving again to get empathy of the police to cancel the fine. The answer is of course no. This reviews to us clearly that it does not matter how many good things we have done and is going to do, but it matters if we have wrong doings that needed to subject to punishment? If yes than every one need Jesus to take our place to receive the punishment of eternal death we originally deserved to get. Despite of this clear analogy that he could not argue anymore, he still showed no remorse and refused to admit there is God that will punish us for our sin. He hooped on the bus without even taking the tract. Even so, I still believe my conversation with him was a divine appointment with God's purpose behind.
6) Marge and Carlson are the married couples as well as UQ student from India. I only got the time of crossing the road but I still manged to share the nutshell of the gospel to Marge. I planned to walk a longer time with them but it was interrupted by Yasmin who greeted me on the street.
7) That was Jenny the UQ student from China that Winnie had successfully gone through the Good Person test with her. I supplemented a few key points afterwards and gave her the contact for Power to Change. Jenny seemed to have found interest in understanding the demonstration of the Good Person Test.
Winnie was successful in getting Jenny to stop for letting Winnie to share the gospel with her by means of the Good Person test Hand held flip chart. I don't know Jenny background, but I bet she is from rural city of 2nd or 3rd lines province. Country girl are more open up than those city urban folk either in China or here in Australia.
感谢讚美主。雖然撒但阻礙，我的腳昨晚忽然有痛，但有主耶稣在旁，亦可以傳到福音。第一位少女，Christy 從澳門來，已经是基督徒，她肯定會上天堂，願意傳福音给其他人，我已经给她福音單章。第二是 Jenny, 從中国來，我對她説，信靠主耶稣，是份禮物，不用錢買的。我們的罪得到赦免。她説想認識多的真理，才信靠耶稣。謝謝關牧師给她名片，讓她找到教會，從中學習。感谢主今天的安排，雖然街上很多人都不接受單章，但有人願意留下聽，我們應當感恩。
Brief translation of Winnie's Sharing:
Praise and thanks God, despite the intended obstruction by Satan getting severe foot pain erupted last night as soon as she made up her mind to come, but the promised presence of Jesus enable me to share the Gospel freely. The first was a young lady from Macau. She is a Christian and know for sure she could go to heaven , she was inspired by me and promised to share the Gospel to other people. I gave her some of my tract. The second one was Jenny from China. I told her believing in Christ is like receiving a free gift of eternal life that cannot be earned by money. It is through Jesus our sin can be forgiven. She said she wanted to learn more about the Biblical truth before accepting Jesus. Thank to Rev Kwan giving Jenny a name card for contacting the Power to Change people to let her get connected with Christian student fellowship group and church consequently in order to learn and pursue God. Thanks God for His wonderful arrangement. We must give thanks for those who take the tract and or stop to chat. More so, we also thanks God for those rejection that helped us grow steadfastly trusting God.
Battle Log for Toowong Village on Thursday February 11th, 2020 from 1330 to 1500
Amidst the severe threat of the Novel Coronavirus in Australia, God grace was sufficient still for the three of us , Col, Yuen Hang and Hung to report duty at Toowong. Many students have returned though a large number of them from China have also been blocked from re-entering Australia if their travel began at any city of China except Hong Kong. The spread of the virus has been well contained and remains at the level of 15 for a few days. So the real threat of getting infected is greatly minimized. But the real obstacle has never been the virus but the sin of rejecting the work of God and the Spirit that have led many of them simply rejecting to take the tract, throwing it away once found it is about Christianity and avoiding our approach for a chat. This phenomenon is particularly obvious on the young generation who are well brought up from family of affluence in the urban area. It applies both to local Aussie , Western and people from Mainland China. But I observed that people from the country rural area and those of other religions background are more susceptible to listen and receive the gospel well. Anyway , in His time and in His way, God used us again to reap several fruit of the gospel after many unsuccessful trial. It was again yet another great lesson for us to realize who is the ONE working behind and we are just a bunch of undeserved vessel being used by God to do His work.
As for me, with a number of contacts in collaboration with Col and Yuen Hang, God gave me 8 divine appointments as recap below.
1) A couples from Taiwan who claimed to be Buddhists appeared very well informed of doctrinal truth of both Buddhism and Christianity. So they very likely are the people of a Cult that has embraced and integrated all five major religions. They knew Buddhism has no God and is just away to transcend one self to reach the Nirvana status aka becoming a Buddha. They knew about Jesus as His work to come to die for us, but still have fallen short of understanding that through His sacrificial death our sins can be pardon and be reconciled with God as His children and people.I walked with them to another bus station and just finished in time to share the gospel. Pray that it would be used by God to further His salvation plan on them.
2) An Aussie girl looks like this one in the picture on the bus let me walk with her to share the gospel , yet the bus came a bit too quick yet anyway the nutshell of the gospel was shared.
3) A local Aussie man on the bike but appeared to be an Atheist. He does not believe that human need to reach perfection and does not admit human have sins. He anyway rode way with an arrogant attitude though still accepting all my tracts. Pray that they will be used by God to break down his heart of iron..
4) Breea , a country girl from Ipswich of Catholic background, who was humble and nice enough to let me walk her way back home. She has limited knowledge of God and the Bible though she still consider herself a God follower. She certainly has no full idea about salvation as such also did not have full assurance of salvation. But she finally came to her understanding that through Jesus redemptive work dying on the cross, whoever accept Him as Savior and hence the lord of their lives will be saved in a sense of reconciling with God and regaining the lost heavenly citizenship with 100% certainty as it was completely the work of God , none of our good deeds count,
5) An UQ student from Bangladesh got pass Yuen Hang unaware of her tract, but the Holy Spirit told her this Muslim background looking person was approachable. She suggested me to approach him and really he was a man of open heart appeared very willing to listen to the gospel and in agreement of it. It was a pity that the bus came to cut our interactive conversation short. Pray for God's eventual work on this man.
6) A deep soul searching talk by Col with Mitchell who is of Catholic background family but not yet a Christian. He is a from Northern Queensland to come to study at UQ. His country boy background made him very friendly and approachable. Col was just used by God to be the light of his feet bringing him one step closer to profess the true faith in Christ. I anyway joined in at the end, encouraging him to get connected with Power to Change once he decided to receive Christ and to start his journey of sanctification.
7) Morten a local Aussie Christian yet unsure about his salvation because again of his Catholic background accepted my clarification of salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone as such he has now professed the pure faith with hundred percent assurance of his salvation regaining his heavenly citizenship right away simply because of his trust in Christ taking his place for punishment of sin. It was all done just in time before the bus arrived.
8) An UQ student from Yunnan雲南, China called Xi 席appeared very receptive and humble to let me walk and talk with him about the Gospel. He was interested to pursue God as such I refer him to contact Power to Change once he decided to receive Christ as his Savior.
Battle Log for Toowong Village for Tuesday February 4th , 2020 from 1330 to 1500
This was a day of contrasts :
1) From extreme scorching hot to 36C yesterday dropping down to 24C today with good breeze in the noon time which made our street evangelism much pleasant;
2) Team size further dropped from 5 to 3 today because of members are bounded for 2 weeks self isolation at home, but the works of God could still be visualized despite of short of hand. So with Col, Hung and Yuen Hang, we all have less but still very significant divine appointment. This is a typical way of God, using small team to do His great work like Gideon.
3) From strong rejections by many earlier approaches to a full receptive and fruit bearing contact at the end signifying the sovereign almighty work of God despite of external situations.
Recap below is my divine appointment accounts : -
1) Spanish Mun and daughter who appeared not English speaking but still took a tract from me as well as answering short chat with Col later.
2) I went to the bus stop and sat down with a young lady. She quickly fence off my approach asking if I was going to share about God which she rejects utterly after bad experience of being Christian once. I managed to get the conversation on by putting aside the issue if God exists as it is something beyond rational proof. I kept stressing the problem of us the human being who keep sinning that will lead to grave consequence of eternal death punishment. Anyhow, this strong atheist still rejected to chat on any issue she considered religious. She even resort to keep me at a distance by removing herself to wait for the bus at the bus stop sign instead of the covered seat waiting area. This was possibly the strongest gesture of rejection I have ever encountered which was very discouraging. Anyhow, I learned later God just wanted me to see a great contrast of positive and fruitful approach at the end of our Street evangelism hours.
3) A Philippine lady took my tract and was prepared to chat but chance aborted by the immediate arrival of her bus.
4) After wondering around for a while to look for gospel target, God let me to bump in with the Malaysian Old man Mr Han I met two weeks ago on 14/1 at the very last moment of our ministry hour. He was visiting relative with his wife, yet he still has not yet gone to the church I recommended. Obviously he has been living his life as a nominal Christian not attending church regularly even at home in Malaysia. My friendly reminder anyway may serve as a catalyst to push him closer back to church during his stay in Brisbane.
5) Jerry Hsu徐from Wuxi 無鍚Jiang Su is an IT Student of UQ. He was approached by Col first but was quickly referred to me to communicate better in Mandarin. His heart was so soften that he willingly chatted with me over 40 minutes neglecting the coming and going of bus. He was ready to receive Christ and I referred him to connect with P2C then the churches. Col and I reckoned, this was an extraordinary exhibition of God's power in an adverse situation giving us this rare good quality outreach we ever have in this Toowong Outreach harvest field that have been characterized by short gospel chatting opportunities being cut in short fragmented time slot because of the frequent bus traffic. All glory be to God in all Street Evangelism ministry encounter.