Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday January 4th , 2022 from 1330 – 1500
After just a week of rest for the last week of 2021, Winnie and Hung decided to resume our weekly outreach at Toowong in the beginning of 2020 as a gesture our steadfast commitment to put God first in doing His work to preach the Gospel to people of all Nations. The weather fluctuated drastically during our short ministry hours, with scorching sun burning hot the cement ground like a furnace at a moment, and a cosy shaded sky at another moment. The human flow was much less due to Uni terms break and the rapid growth of Omicron cases. Often time, only one person turned up as such I normally will let Winnie to handle it. Despite of all these, the evidences of God’s work through us were prominent. Recap below are the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie: -
I approached two ladies with one Aussie look and another Asian look. Nancy the Aussie Look girl said she got my tract before but I initially treated it as an excuse not to chat so I turned to the Asian girl whom I though is Chinese but I was wrong. When I shared the gospel to her using analogy of operation theatre that it has to be germless for the well fare sake of the patient, as if God is asking us to be perfect as the ultimate requirement to heaven, Nancy interject with a comment that perfection in God’s terms is we have to be sinless. I was overjoyed to hear that as she has really got and understood the message with the ability to add comment at the suitable time. Then the bus came and I pat on the shoulder of Nancy that now you can share what you have learnt from me to your Asian friend possibly a Korean girl.
Ricardo was an UQ student from Mexico who was indifferent to my approach for gospel sharing. But once I connected with him that my father was born in Mexico and I still have some relatives living in Mexico, then he turned 180 degrees appearing very receptive for a chat. Prise and thanks God I could have sufficiently long time to share about the salvation brought by Jesus and my own testimony. At the end, he was more than delighted to take a photo with me and promised to read the tract and ponder seriously the need to accept Jesus.
Trisha turned up while I was talking with Ricardo and waited for her turn to have our final conversation before she and her family relocate to Sydney next week. God makes us friend and she was impressed by our steadfast faith and commitment to share the good news. She seriously asked me to pray for herself a pregnant mum, her family, her husband and her young son.
Then I met up with Mr Tang鄧，from Guang Zhou廣州，so he is Cantonese speaking.粵 It was a pity the bus came almost right away that I can only leave with him the conclusion that no one can go to heaven unless you are perfect.
Finally I approached an Indian girl who politely indicated to me to wait until she finished her phone call. The Chance was thrashed by the arrival of the bus so all I can do was to hand her a tract.
4/1/2022, Toowong 感謝 神今天的带领，讓我遇到有澳洲人，中國人，香港人，印度人及斐濟群島女士。他們有的是基督徒，有的是未認識耶穌基督的。希望籍着 神的大能，讓我不配的口與他們今天的對話，使他們更加明白主的愛。感謝讚美主！
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Dec 21, 2021 from 1330 to 1500
Today Johnny was away on vacation with family, so only Winnie and Hung were reporting duty on our roster Street gospel outreach ministry at Toowong. The weather was scorching hot as usual. It did affect the mood and temper of the gospel targets. They either hid under the shade in crowd that we can hardly break into them to have a chat, or they simply had no patience to get into any conversation. By God grace is always sufficient, both of us still managed to have many genuine and fruit bearing chat as recap below.
By the way, I want to make a statement here to all the audience of this face book post whether you know me or not. We are a group of dedicated born again Christians that care more for the command of Jesus to preach the gospel to end of the world or in effect to people of all Nations. So we certainly will grasp hold of any chances God opened for us and in the meantime within the rule of the Government body. Whenever the requirement to wear mask is back on, for all situation or for only specific conditions, we comply to it 100%. So, to day we wore masks all the time and most of our gospel target also wore masks because it is a mandatory requirement for people who are on the public transport or even waiting at the bus stop. But for the evening outreach at King George Square, on Dec 17 & 19, mask is not required as this is an outdoor environment. Not a single person wore mask at KGS the whole night. So please be rest assured we are professional street gospel outreach warriors. We submit to God’s calling showing no fear towards the threat of the so called “Virus” and in the meantime, we will abide with the rule set by the Qld Heath.
1. First a fat guy but just had time to hand out the tract with a brief 20 sec nutshell of the gospel telling the answer that no one can go to heaven unless you are perfect.
2. Pierce a French young guy ‘who is not a Christian but agreed fully and whole heartedly he needs Jesus.
3. Jack was a Christian, possibly of Catholic background only have 60% of assurance of salvation. I showed him the picture Jesus died on the cross for our sin and asked him did he think it is worthy of only 60% of Jesus work in giving us salvation by grace and eternal life, then he came to his sense and fully understood after I supplement the three-fold salvation as per 2 Cor 1:10.
4. Peter was another non believer but also showed overwhelming receptiveness towards gospel.
5. An Indian was on the phone and I waited patiently for him to finish with the phone conversation. But then he rudely rejected me with the excuse of keeping a social distance. According to Jesus, just shake off the dust of our shoes and let go of this stone heart waiting for another Chance in God’s timing.
6. Trisha the Bangladesh pregnant wife has built up good friendship with me despite she is an Hindu but readily showed receptiveness to the gospel shared with him in the pat weeks. She will be leaving for Sydney on 11/1/2021. She asked for prayers for her whole family as if she is a Christian already.
7. I met a die heart Mainland girl rejecting God and the Gospel.
8. Emma was one of the UQ girls I last caught up at the bus stop. She appreciated my cae to move her into the shade first before I started sharing the Gospel which was interrupted by the bus. But she happily took a tract and promised to read it seriously.
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday Dec 14, 2021 from 1330 to 1500
It was a scorching hot afternoon. The three of us assembled for opening prayers and take a group selfie with the Toowong Village Tower as background. Not sure if the Uni semester is over yet or not. But there was less people flow because of the extreme heat especially around the Bus stop area with all the radiant heat dissipated from the concrete cement ground making the bus stop as hot as the furnace. My iphone under the sun had got overheated only in 5 minutes time when I was chatting with Hishina that it became dormant until it was cooled down to normal level. Because of the heat, it was more difficult to get people to have patience to have any long chat under the high noon sun. Nevertheless, as a messenger of God, it was not up to us to choose the timing to do His work. And God grace is always sufficient for us to deliver our mission that God had planned for us in His strength. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung.
1. May and another girl took a tract from Johnny, but decline to chat. I anyway still felt urged to approach them but in a lighter way by greeting them “Happy Christmas” It triggered the question why Christmas greeting is always “Merry” but not happy. Such ice breaking question of course earned my way to explain and share the real ancient meaning of “Merry” from the oldest English Carol “God rest ye merry, Gentleman let nothing you dismay. Remember Christ our Saviour was born on Christmas day” So Merry bears the ancient English and biblical meaning of power – a power as a gift from God to deliver us from eternal death and to acquire true inner peace and rest in Christ. They were glad to learn this old meaning of Merry from me and then one of the girls May disclosed she is a Christian already. I checked for her assurance of salvation which is only 50%, then I showed her the cartoon with Jesus being crucified on the cross fencing off the hell of fire to spare our life, I asked her did it mean you only have 50% of trust in the work of Jesus dying for us all the sinners. Then she immediately came to her sense that she should have 100% certainty. I supplement the free fold deliverances as per 2 Cor 1:10 to make her understand, we are still far from perfect right now after becoming a Christian for so many years. But God has already promised to make us perfect again by the work of the Holy Spirit. May is from Solomon Island as such a Christian background Islander. She thanks for my chat with her.
2. Hishina, is the Bangladesh lady who accompanied her husband to do study at UQ. I ask on a accompanying visa, she should not be able to work but she is in her work uniform working in Toowong. She then explained she is already a resident because her husband has got a global talent title as such they are welcome to come to live, study and even stay her as a resident. She showed great appreciation and respect to our work to share the gospel to her and every stranger on the street. She missed me last week and was happy to see me again and she told me she will go to Sydney in January as her husband has got a part time job there. I on the hand congratulate her but meantime taking us of this new situation to appeal to her that Global talent title or recognition is good yet the heavenly citizen is even more precious in eternity. I also share about the amazing work of God using us the least one in Christ to help out a venerable family of three to apply for permanent stay in Australia. She was moved to see God’s glory in such ordinary thing. Pray that I can still meet her before she moves on to Sydney.
3. The I approached a big Christian guy whom Johnny had just had a chat. I simply asked him if he knew why Christmas greeting alone use the word “Merry” He of course had got no idea and was glad to know the answer.
4. The I approached too school girl of younger age by the name of Emily and Hannah. Using both Merry Christmas gig and the normal good person tract to share the gospel. Obviously. May was very fascinated and showed great interest but not Hannah. God will have His election and followed up work on these two lovely girls.
5. Then I talked to an Old English lady who was left alone after arrival of several buses. I used again the Merry Christmas gig and drawn her interest. She is a Christian but with no assurance of salvation. It was a pity her bus then turned up and took away my chance for further diagnosed questions.
6. My final target was a big Indian lady with Tattoo. She showed no interest to know anything about Jesus, not to mention the reason why Christmas alone is greeted with the word “merry”. All I can do is to remember her in prayer.
Battle log of Winnie
Operation 513 Battle For Toowong on Tuesday Dec 7, 2021 from 1330 to 1500
Today was rainy in the morning but it turned completely sunny in the afternoon. Winnie could not join us to day as she had to join the GCCCC Church function to meet and welcome the new Pastor of the Cantonese Congregation who is from Hong Kong. So just Johnny and Hung were teamed up to do our regular street evangelism. Johnny again decided to switch venue to the front entrance of Toowong Village on Sherwood Street to let the Spirit to guide us to stop the passer by on the street. As previously experienced, it is a more challenging task to stop someone who are mostly in a hurry. By the grace of God, Johnny still got a handful of conversations. As for me, I choose the approach of putting on my shoes of the peace of Gospel to get permission to walk and talk with the gospel target to share them the gospel with results all in the hand of God. Recap below is the Battle Log for Hung: -
1. A group of three youngsters believed to be freshly graduated grade 12 students walking pass on their way to a job appointment. Johnny gave a tract to them and one boy took it but kept walking on. I gave a tract to another person and asked if I could walk with them for a short while before they needed to cross the traffic light down at the end of the Sherwood Road. They were nice and cheerful guys paying genuine attention to the sharing of Gospel and giving me positive acknowledgement to the significance of this message for their eternal existential well being. They needed to wait for a shirt while at the traffic light, so I was able to made a wrap up appeal to take this message seriously and make their spirit guided decision. They all cheerfully nodded to do so.
2. When I returned to the standing pole position of Johnny. I was able to get a Middle East Man with a Muslim style of beard to accept the tract. I intended to do the same walk and talk but he need to enter into the office building for work. But at least I pass on to him the requirement of God to call us to be perfect that can only be done first by allowing Jesus to redeem us from the slavery of sin to become a free soul in Christ that is right for God to start His life transformation work.
3. Then God led me to pick up a lady from China who did not mind to let me walk and talk with her. I can sensed the gospel message was new to her though on the other hand I can feel that she is trained under atheist CCP so she was taking a cautious stance to just listen and showed no interaction on the surface. In her heart she was willing to listen and to know more about Jesus. At the end, I walked the longest distance of the day to escort her to a far away bus stop. My sharing was finished just in time when her bus came at the same time we get to that bus stop. She di not leave me her name but God knows it all.
4. Finally, as soon as I got back to our street outreach outpost, God led me to catch up with an Australian born Vietnamese lady called Tammy. She was also very welcoming and accommodating to let me share the gospel to her. She appeared listening and absorbing all message with a more open mind than the Chinese lady a moment ago. Her destination was unknowingly very far reaching. So I let her go at yet another traffic light and bid her good bye but encouraging her to make up her faith decision when she has time to stay calmly in per private quiet time.
Operation 513 battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday Nov 30, 2021 from 1330 to 1500
It was a rare rainy day street outreach at the bus stop. In theory, the impact should not be that great as we can preach the gospel under the cover of the bus stop. But in effect, there was much less people flow simply because of the rain deterring a lot of people to leave home for shopping etc. Anyway, God still provided us with the right number of people to minister to. I think I had the least number of chat as I always gave chance to Johnny and Winnie my two team mates to keep them fully occupied first. Recap below was my Battle Log.
1. First, I caught up with Ishina a pregnant woman from Bangladesh. She came to accompany her husband to do UQ study while herself run a Kiosk shop. She was very friendly and inviting for chat even we had approached her many times before. She even mistaken that we met last week but we actually were at Indooroopilly. I just spent time to know more about her but meantime, chipped in gospel message again to reinforce the idea that good person will go to hell like those bad guy as God’s requirement for Heaven is perfect. It was easy to get consensus with people of all races and all religions that we are good but far from perfect. So, it is logical to establish that as a good person, we still have to accountable for those imperfect elements of our life. Our conversation was also meant to be heard by another Aussie girl that Winnie had finished sharing the gospel as a measure of reinforcement. Ishina bid good bye when the bus arrived and said see us next week. So thanks God for being able to establish this sort of friendly relationship with Gospel targets for continuous follow up work.
2. Then I was led to chat with Yolanda an Aussie girl of Catholic background. But her foundation of faith was not biased or polluted by traditional Catholic wrong teaching. She has an active worshiping life style to know God and maintaining a close devotional relationship with God. When asked the diagnosed questions, she shared that she once also had doubt about her assurance of salivation as it was natural to feel inadequacy after conversion. But after positive and active Christian walk by faith through grace. She is now convinced that she has 100% assurance of salvation as it was all the work of Jesus. I followed up on checking her view point about those wrong Catholic old teaching that Mary was born perfect and without sin as such she was near God if not equal to God that deserves our worship and prayer. She is completely in disagreement with this view. I reinforced her understanding by citing why Jesus had to be born by Virgin birth and to show that Mary was just an ordinary woman yet elected to be the earthly mother of Jesus by God’s Sovereign power and plan. It was delighted to note that many contemporary Catholic are embracing Biblical truth despite they have not chosen to leave the Catholic camp. Actually, Yolanda did attend protestant church that is nearer to where she lives. It was just the factor of accustoming to childhood brought up that she once remained in the Catholic church, yet she has more Christian friends from the protestant camp than Catholic background people.
3. Then I caught u with Allan briefly, just in time for a brief sharing of the nutshell of the gospel before his bus arrived. He was very opened to gospel message.
4. Finally, I caught up with a very shy school boy lacking of confident to socialize. He initially did not want to chat using weak hearing as an excuse. I took some ice breaking measure to make him feel relax and then he anyway finished hearing the full gospel. After that, he told me he is a Christian, but did not want to tell me the name of his school and even his own name. I did not press on for this but tried to check if he has got assurance of salvation. He again did not feel comfortable to respond, so I simply explain to him what is assurance of salvation and why it is so important that all Christians should understand and be assured of this or else, it will give foot hole to Satan to give us a fatal attack, wavering out week foundation of faith in Christ.
Battle Log of Winnie :
今天下雨，不是很多人搭巴士，加上很多人拒绝接受單張及聽福音，固此今天很清閒。感謝 神的帶領，雖然清閒，但 神都讓我遇到七人傳講福音的機會。
第五位，James ，年青人與他的朋友坐着等巴士。當我傳福音给他時，他已經半醉。他問吸毒，飲酒都可以信耶穌的嗎？我説可以，但一定要認罪悔改，戒除醉酒，吸毒。他咀咒耶穌，我説不能咀咒耶穌，祂是 神，不喜歡人咀咒祂的。我给他單張，叫他在等巴士期間來看看，我便離開。
願 主带领今天聽到福音人仕，認罪悔改，回轉歸向 神。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong (Indooroopilly) on Tuesday Nov 23, 2021 from 1330 to 1500
Johnny decided we should try to move our Gospel Outreach field from Toowong over to Indooroopilly Shopping Centre. We assembled at Toowong and went in Motorcade. Unfortunately, the Bus stop we intended to go is still under the private land of the Shopping Centre Management. And we had to speak in loud voice in our conversation as such attracting unwanted abuse asking us to leave. After verifying with the police station there, we had to submit to rules and regulation so we wander off to find another open-air space in the back entrance of the shopping mall. There were much less people flow, but God’s grace was still sufficient to let all of us find our gospel conversation target. Johnny especially had 3 very good gospel conversation with two local Aussie and a girl from Taiwan. They all responded positively to the gospel.
During our open-air outreach time, there was rain drifting down, but our prayer was effective to have the rain withheld by God until we finished. Then torrential down pour started to pounder on us when we all were driving our way back home. God is always good and with us to sustain our outreach ministry.
Recap below was is the Battle Log of Hung:
1. I actually had faces consecutively three rejections at the bus stop before the Spirit led me to chat with an Indian boy. He was a willing listener, but the bus came very quick that I could only deliver to him the nutshell of the Gospel and the conclusion that no one , good and bad persons inclusive, can go to heaven unless one is perfect.
2. Lina was a Christian family girl having been baptised as a baby. While having her late lunch, she was very nice to let me share with her the full gospel which she had picked up nitty gritty before but never a complete message. Then I proceeded to test for her assurance of salvation which she cited that she only has 50% certainty she can go to heaven as she feels she is far from perfect. Then I asked her did she think Jesus ‘s work dying on the cross can serve only 50% effectiveness in saving us from the great death of punishment of our sin in hell. She then came to her sense ti should be 100% effective. I then guided her to understand God’s holistic salvation plan work in three folds that does not stop after we received Christ, (Eph 2:10; 2 Cor 1:10) which has in effect given us readily the lost heavenly citizenship 100% upon accepting Jesus as our saviour. But our life is yet to be transformed back to perfection through the work of the Holy Spirit and our willingness to work with God to do His mission of spreading the gospel to end of the world. So, in this transition period, we are bound to not yet perfect, but it won’t affect an Iota of the validity of the heavenly citizen given to us. On top of this, God further promised to make us a masterpiece life that is created first in Christ. During this journey of sanctification, which is biblically expressed as the righteous path we have to transverse in the strength of God, we may made mistake failing to the temptation of the world with Satan’s black hands behind. All we need to do is to admit our sin and go before the throne of God asking for mercy and forgiveness to right from wrong with the help of the Holy Spirit. I encouraged Lina to resume her journey of sanctification by attending church, bible study group and rebuilding personal relationship with God through a devotional life. She showed great appreciation for this chat and took a selfie with me to signify this divine encounter.
3. I approached an elderly Chinese by the name of Chang, he showed impatience to listen to the Gospel and ignored the questions for clarifying his understand of the gospel and if he has full assurance of salvation. I could only leaving him a tract and pray that God will follow up with him to open his lukewarm if not stone heart.
4. Then I approached a local Aussie lady taking a rest for a cigarette. She also showed impatience to chat claiming she is readily a Christian but without evidence as she simply declined to let me talk about Jesus with her. May God have mercy on her.
5. Colin and his girlfriend on the contrary show great receptiveness to welcome for a chat despite they dressed like two hippies, with ear and nose ring and face painting. Both took a tract and was ready to listen but God had another plan and another time for them as the car of their friend had just arrived to pick them up.
6. Then I faced another blunt rejection by a black lady who simply walked away to avoid me despite I still managed to give her a tract and the nutshell of the gospel.
7. Finally, I caught up with Nancy who appeared to be another post-modern atheist girl. But she was still polite enough to let me chat and share the gospel until her friend turned up to meet with her.
Battle Log of Winnie :
感謝 神今天的带领，讓我在 Indooroopilly Shopping Centre 外面，遇上九位人仕，分享福音及救恩。
第一及第二位，Bryan & Ann 澳洲少女，相片中。
第五位，Carl，澳洲青年。在 David Jones 工作。在花園裏吃午餐，所以我有充足時間傳福音给他。他聽後，會想想基督的信仰。
第八位 Peter，相片中。相信他是𤞏太人，信𤞏太教的。他説要守戒律，不是每個人都可以上天堂。我説 现在是恩典時代，耶穌基督死在十字架上，付上我們的罪債，固此我們因信稱義。但他不赞成，講了很多反對理由。我們的説話，越講越分離。我只好説，願 神祝福你。便離開。
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday Nov 16, 2021 from 1330 to 1500
Today, Garry joined Us, namely Johnny, Winnie and Hung to do outreach at Toowong. With the four of us, Gary took the post right under the foot of the pedestrian foot bridge and with all his three gospel signs set up there. The rest of us moved forwards to the Bus stop. The people flow was less than usual, as such Johnny eventually switched to set up his post at the traffic light trying to catch those crossing the road. So only Winnie and Hung were left at the bus stop. Winnie actually had a sore throat today, but she still faithfully came and did not slow down her pace to get to as many people as she can.
Basically, both Winnie and I had enough conversation opportunities to get us fully occupies. Though some of them were reluctant gospel targets but basically, we still sow the many gospel seeds to be reaped by God in His time. As for Gary and Johnny, they both had a more difficult time to stop people down for a chat. But Gary unknowingly had played good team work with us as he had handed out tract to many people who did not stop or pause just for a brief chat but all ended up coming to the bus station, as such Winnie and Hung were able to picked them up for a more thorough gospel sharing conversation.
After we finished, Johnny suggested that may be we shall try Indooroopilly next week where there would be ample of opportunities at the Bus terminal station.
Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung: -
1. Abrade a local Aussie tall guy who was very gentle and polite and was willing to listen to the full gospel. It was a pity the bus came a bit too early before I finished but trust that the message would still be clear and sufficient for him to ponder if he is perfect enough for heaven.
2. Atef, is a Malaysian of Indian origin. His parents are Christian, he was brought up in a Christian family but he is not sure if he has become a Christian yet. I tried to test his assurance of salvation which of course had failed the test. Again, it was a pity the bus came at this moment so could only leave everything to God.
3. A Nameless Aussie girl showed initial reluctance to listen to the gospel, but eventually have patience to finish listening the nutshell of the gospel when the bus came. It was a pity she did not get a tract.
4. A young lady from Mainland China kept emphasizing that she did not feel the need of gospel right now. I nevertheless told her I shared the same view long time ago, but finally after 40 years of searching I found the answer that no one can go to heaven unless that person is perfect. We all have punishable sin to be accountable for and only Jesus can tale our place to receive the punishment. At the end, she agreed to take a tract to ponder on the message I shared with her.
5. Jarvis is an Indian girl yet she was the most open and sincere listener of the day. She came off the bus but willingly stopped under the high noon sun to listen to my full gospel sharing and show great receptiveness.
6. Another Chinese girl also appeared very rejective of the gospel. I reassured her that she was under no pressure to rush for a decision. All she needed to do is to keep an open heart with open mind to hear the gospel first and let the Holy Spirit to work in her heart.
7. Gabby is a Christian girl but typically without assurance of salvation. I clarified her misconception and hope she would know to trust in God for spiritual growth.
8. Kim a funky young Aussie girl who had got a tract from Gary with a brief chat. She appeared a good listener finish hearing the full gospel and showed positive mood to pursue God and his salvation plan.
Battle Log of Winnie :
有四位澳洲青年男女，分别是 Alice, Martin, Emmy, & Jackie. 他們説會想想基督的信仰。
兩位印度女子，Debbie. 及 Heather. 也是會認真想想基督信仰。
Sharon 印尼女子，Sunny 澳洲少女。基督徒，解释救恩。
日本少女，Ann. 當我講完福音给她，她説 完全明白，會想想基督信仰。
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday November 9th, 2021 from 1330 to 1500.
With Winnie joining us again after a week of rest, Johnny decided to go back to the bus stop where more chances of gospel conversation are usually available. There were mixed responses but all of us still managed to get many divine appointments to share the gospel under scorching hot high noon sun. We had to learn to adapt to such tough condition to accept a higher rejection rate or showing more reluctance to chat but still patiently waited before the Spirit to guide us to pursue or not. It paid off to follow not our heart in flesh but God’s Will that many of the initial rejection cases were turned around with a chance to share the nutshell of the gospel. Recap below is my Battle Log.
1. Alicia a lady from HKG. She is in her year 3 at UQ, so she is not fleeing from HKG but a genuine student. She is a non-believer, so I just barely managed to share her the nutshell of the gospel at the last moment when the bus came. Her immediate reaction was encouraging, and she promised to read the tract in details.
2. Kabila is an UQ student from India. He is a fair dinkum Christian with 100% assurance of salvation. He looked on to see how we shared the gospel at the bus stop as he claimed he is also an evangelist in the UQ campus. His only short coming is not having yet an open heart with Kingdom view that we are both servants of God not in a competition status. My intention to clarify his assurance of salvation is justified as 95 % of the Christian have no assurance of salvation.
3. Jacquavius, a local Aussie girl was a bit reluctant to chat, but God still softened her heart to finished listening to the full gospel.
4. Roland was a tall white local Aussie student. He was opened to chat and I could also just manage to share him the nutshell of the gospel.
5. Another local Aussie young man said he was not interested but God still urged me to show him this is an interesting and important issue. God finally still softened his heart to listen to the gospel and took a tract at the end.
6. Another overseas mature student dressed in formal suit with a hat was willing to take a tract and to chat even the bus had come.
7. Two Indian girls jokingly not to really want to hear the gospel but accept that they are not good enough persons and possibly will go to hell. It took absolute patience to drag them back to the gospel sharing and how Jesus atoning death to take our place to shoulder all the punishment of our sin.
Battle Log of Winnie Choi
第一及第二位女仕，Patricia & Lisa, 來自印尼。我與 Patricia 講及三一神，她説明白基督信仰。Lisa 來到，她叫我再次講给 Lisa 聽，當我講完，巴士到逹。
願 神带领今天所有聽到福音人仕，悔改，回轉歸向 神。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Operation 513 Battle Log For Towong on Tuesday Nov 2nd, 2021 from 1330 to 1500
Today only Johnny and Hung were available while Winnie had to attend an Eyes Specialist post operation follow up appointment. Johnny as the leader decided to switch to a different place to try to meet a different group of people flow other than the UQ student concentrated people group. We therefore went to the Sherwood Street taking a post far enough from the main entrance of Toowong Village. First impression was that it is a more difficult place for outreach. We did encounter many rejections in the beginning. Yet, when we just started to feel desperate at the end of human way, the sense of the need of the guidance of the Holy Spirit phased in. Gradually, I got the sensitivity to pick and stop the right persons one after the others. Some stopped for a chat, some let me to keep chatting while walking with them since they were in a hurry. Over all speaking, it was a difference spiritual experience in comparison to the outreach at the bus stop that required less sensitivity to the guidance of the Holy Spirit but simply pick whoever is available. Recap below were the divine encounters led by the Spirit.
1) David an old guy who was the first to stop to have a chat with me. He claimed he is a Christian but was not sure of his salvation opining that god only knows the answer. But I told him God has already revealed through the Bible the way to be saved with certainty. I used the pictures on the cover of the John Bible booklet to ask if he thought the effectiveness of the work of Jesus dying for our sins on the cross is still not 100% effective enough to save us? Then he came to the full understanding that he actually should have 100% assurance of salvation and thanks for my clarification.
2) Two Chinese guys took the tracts but still reluctance to chat despite I walked with them for a short while.
3) Another Arabic person with a Muslim look was friendly to stop but apologised he could not stop for a chat but he was happy to take a tract to read.
4) Then came Mia a Filipino Christian who stopped immediately to chat despite she indicated she was heading to meet someone. Anyway, I wasted no time to check for her assurance of salvation which was only at 50% level. Again, I used the same technique of showing the picture with Jesus fencing off the hell of fire taking our place to receive the punishment of our sin. Like David, she immediately came to her sense that the work of Jesus should guarantee 100% effectiveness. Of course, I supplemented with Eph 2:10 and 2 Cor 1:10 to give her a full picture of Gods holistic salvation package plan. She is church going and is having good personal relationship with God.
5) The Spirit then guided me to stop a Nepal lady who is not yet a believer. She was open to the gospel and appeared very receptive to the Gospel. I mentioned despite Nepal is a Hindu major country, yet Christianity has started growing since the earth quake 10 odd years ago. She then disclosed that her husband is already a Christian, then I urged her to take it seriously to read the tract and ask the Spirit to guide and move her to reached the conviction that as a sinner, she needs Jesus like her husband does. Then ultimately, they will for sure be reunion n heaven in eternity. So let pray for a step of action faith to be made in God’s best timing.
6) Graham checked if what I preached is pure gospel and quickly disclosed that he is a Christian. I wasted no time to check for his assurance of salvation which was 100% perfect. He showed appreciation for our work and said he is a School Chaplain and a pastor himself.
7) A lady in Green took a tract and when asked if she can go to heaven by acting just as a good person, she said she didn’t know but had no time to chat. I told her the answer straight ahead that no one unless a perfect person can go to heaven. I pray and hope that she can verify it from the tract.
8 ) Joe with a cigarette in hand was originally not a preferred target to stop for a chat. Yet the Spirit moved me to approach him and really, he stopped willingly. He is a very open-minded guy who loves to hear and learn new stuff. He was not completely strange to the gospel and believed there is a God. But after gospel sharing, he admitted he is a sinner who needed Jesus. So I gave him the Gospel John booklet and urged him to read both the tract and the John booklet to seek guidance from the Spirit to make the last step of faith in Christ.
9) A big guy arrived by car and looked interested in what we were doing when he got off from his car. He actually was waiting for his girlfriend to come for a late lunch. I took use of this time to share the gospel briefly to him then his girlfriend arrived. She declared immediately she is a Buddhist. I responded that all religions are good at teaching people to be a good person but exactly do not provide answer to address our sins. I do not want to occupy their dating time, so just asked them to read the tract and think about the life in eternity to see if they need Jesus.
Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday Oct 26,2021 from 1330 to 1500
As usual the team of three Johnny, Winnie and Hung assembled at the Toowong train Station for an opening prayer before we moved to the Bus stop across the road which is an ideal Open Air Street outreach mission field meeting for mostly UQ students. But we found out lately that the chances of meeting those same persons we met before have increased to an extend some of them may try to avoid us. Johnny and I will pray if we should try a new location next time to meet a different group of people.
Anyway, both Winnie and Johnny got many chances of conversation. As for me I got 6 as recap below: -
1) Johnny approached a man from Macau who does not speak Mandarin 澳門, so he referred that person to me. He appeared very alienated 非常汵淡 and not that attentive to my talk. Nevertheless, I still managed to finished sharing of the full Gospel. While I doubted if he had taken in any message I shared, he then said to me thanks you, my bus had come. So, he might have listened in all the gospel message and up to God to open his heart.
2) Then I approached a year three UQ student 男生三年生 from Zhejiang, Mainland China 浙江. He was very open to chat about faith and appeared quite receptive to the gospel message. Pray that the seed of gospel sown in his heart will bear spiritual fruit in His time.
3) Then I caught up with Joshua from Kuching, Eastern Malaysia. He is English speaking as he was brought up in English speaking family attending International School in Thailand than back in Malaysia. He quickly declared he is a Christian but failed the test of assurance of salvation having only 70% certainty to go to heaven. But once I drew him to the picture with Christ taking our place to receive the punishment of our sin, blocking out the hell of fire to spare us from eternal death, then he immediately came to the right sense that the work of Jesus is 100 % effective to save us from the punishment as well as bondage of sin. I explained further to him the three-fold salvation package of God as per 2 Cor 1:10, then he understood completely that despite we feel and know that we are not yet perfect after becoming a Christian, but we are readily a Masterpiece created by God in Christ that we will be made perfect by the work of the Holy Spirit and will have the privilege to work with God to get trained and be mature in spirituality eventually.
4) The I sat beside a Muslim background lady who I noticed than was on the phone. She gestured me to wait and did turn to talk to me after the phone conversation was over. It showed she is a nice and polite lady. When asked if she thinks being a good person alone will be good enough to earn our admission to heaven, she said yes without hesitation. I quickly shared with her the right answer that no one can go to heaven unless we are perfect. She felt a bit unbelievable. It was a pity that here bus came at this moment so our gospel sharing was cut short. Pray that the tract will still do the job to let her understand this truth of life.
5) Estefani a girl from India or Pakistan who claimed I had chatted with her and she had read the tract. I asked how did she find the tract and she said it is sensible and logical to read. So, I urged her to take a bold step to make her personal faith action to receive Christ and I will pray for her to be moved and touched by the Spirit.
6) Ronny is a man from Indonesia. He looks all Asian, if not Chinese but he could only speak English. He knows Christianity is gaining force to grow in Indonesia. He anyway does not have any religious adherence. So, to certain degree, he was open to have a chat on the gospel. Again, the bus came a bit too early to cut our conversation short and he could just take a tract to read first.
I was referred to do visitation to an elderly Vietnamese lady of age over 90 years old. She lives in a Church of Christ aged care home in Mitchelton. Since I have special burden to care for the elderly, especially those without or lacking of care by their own family. So, despite of the inconvenience that I have to drive 40 minutes from Toowong after the street outreach to the aged care home, and then taking another trip of almost one hour to get back home after the visitation, a time even longer than my weekly drive to the Gold Coast, I still have no regret to do it. The reason I was recommended to do the visitation is that the Vietnamese old lady speaks Cantonese as she once lived in Hong Kong. I anyhow stayed for 45 minutes or close to one hour learning more about her background and emotional status. She is actually only 89 years old. And she was never a refugee but having family clan living in Hong Kong with business. She has three sons and two daughters. Two of her sons are here in Brisbane and one of the sons has three sons all grown up. The eldest is a doctor doing intern for 2 years, the 2nd grandson is a nurse. Her son is computer professional. So, she actually has a good family network to care for her. My visitation has to be approved by her son. So, I really am not sure if my extra visitation will be that critically needed by her. Anyway, we chatted causally until she began to worry about her dinner that she mistaken is due on 4pm. So, she kept calling staff to make sure she would not miss her dinner. I took it as the signal to ask me leave. I thank God anyway for this opportunity to care for the least and vulnerable one and hopefully God will enlighten me if my visitation to this elderly lady is needed, if not appreciated by her and her family.
Battle log of Winnie:
26/10/2021 感謝主 今天在 Toowong 遇到十二人傳福音及講解救恩的機會。
1. Louise, 女基督徒，解释救恩。
2. Anson, 講了一半，巴士到達。
3. Steve, 講完福音，巴士到達。
4. Wilson, 聽完福音及見證，會想想信仰問题。
5. Sarah, 相片中。她曾經聽我傳福音给她，她现在已经信主，每周都去教會主日崇拜。
2. 小環是UQ 學生，基督徒。不明白救恩，以為反教會主日崇拜，做好人便可以了。我解释给她。
3. 李生，我傳福音给他，講見證，解释甚麽是罪，他不相信 神的大能。他説是巧合，甚麽宗教都有他的能力。我正想講撒但都可以幫到人的，目的就是不讓我們信主。但巴士來到，不能再講。願 神憐憫他，點明他的想法。