Operation 513 Battle Log for Sunnybank on Wed April 28, 2021 from 1300 - 1500
Today we started with 3 team members Johnny, Gary and Hung. Gary still stationed on the East side where he had set up two gospel signs. Gary came over to the West side to join us in opening prayer then returned to the East side. I went over to check him out and took several photos of him chatting with various people.
Sunnybank used to be a harder land for street evangelism, but the Bus stop on the West side is always a blessed spot with many more chances of gospel chat. Johnny was very happy being able to be fully occupied in gospel chatting one after the other. He spent relatively a longer time to share with a Mun from Taiwan. I shared gospel with her couples of months ago. This was a very opportune time for Johnny to do a thorough follow up with her. Seemingly she was led to stay at the bus stop for just meeting and chatting with Johnny, as later I saw her leaving the bus stop for elsewhere in the shopping centre. God is sovereign and paves the way for us to minister to His elected ones. As for me I had seven conversations of varying length as recap below.
1) My first gospel target was a mid-age lady from Shanghai. She seemingly was checking out the bus info. I went forwards to render help and then kept sharing gospel afterwards. She politely listened my sharing before she left for her friend’s appointment. She did not showed rejection or even expression of indifference but neutrally on the receptive side possibly because of the friendliness and help I rendered to her beforehand.
2) Mr Chen a UQ student from Jiangso. Unlike most Chinese Mainlander. He listened to the gospel with patience and interest. When asked, he could not find any reason to reject the free gift of eternalize life offered by Jesus to set us free from the bondage of sin. So just pray that God grace be showered upon him when he read the tract at home.
3) Max , a Taiwanese ABC, listened to my gospel sharing also in a neutral and objective manner. He also admitted that the gospel is sensible and logical to accept. It is only a matter of time that he will make the last step of faith to receive Christ.
4) Then I picked up the head of the family of three Mr Wang from Beijing. I shared a bit of my memory at Beijing and hurriedly shared the gospel which was cut short by the bus. Mr Wang anyway took a tract and pray that it will bring impact to his life and his family.
5) Vienna is an Australian born Filipino with no faith background who never heard of the gospel. But she showed immediate willingness to accept Jesus after I shared the good news with her. She joyfully agreed to take a selfie with me to signify her appreciation for the gospel message.
6) A Chinese girl declined the tracts from another street evangelist but softened to take one tract from me. Pray for God's continuous work in her.
7) Joey an Indonesia Christian who has 100% assurance of salvation. He played trick on me pretending initially a non-believer and see if I preached the biblical gospel message. He also was willing to take a selfie with me to signify my first divine encounter with an Indonesia Christian.
Sunnybank Team (QLD)
Meets 1-3pm Wednesday afternoons at the Sunnybank bus stop on Mains Road.
Next outreach: Today
Contact us for more information.