Friday 1 March 2019
Posted 6 March 2019, 5:43 PM by Glen Richards. Permalink
One of my favorite outreaches is at the Eastgate bus stops.
On Thursday, In just 3 hours, I:
- Sat down next to a guy who ended up deliberately missing his bus as he wanted to talk about the important things of life (my very first interaction of the outreach).
- Talked with 2 very thoughtful young high school students who had just hopped off a bus but were keen to stay for a chat and seemed very open to the gospel.
- Offered a tract to 2 young ladies, 1 of whom was very intent on talking as she was investigating the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses. After explaining the gospel with a special emphasis on the hope of forgiveness that's not based on works, and why Jesus had to be God, she gladly accepted a Bible, gospel booklet, and more tracts. Sadly, I only had 10 minutes with her, as a friend came to "rescue" her from the crazy religious guy (me).
- Re-encountered a young man who I had shared the gospel with at Sparks in the Park a couple weeks ago. He had a friend with him who he had discussed what I'd said with. I had a chance to follow up with both of them.
- Had a wonderful conversation with another young man who claimed that it wasn't obvious that a building had a builder! He quickly moved the conversation to evolution as his reason for the denial of the obvious. We discussed this till his bus came, but he left with some tracts - including a special one with an emphasis on evolution and God.
And those are just the highlights, I can think of at least 7 other interactions, not including the tracts handed out.
And Daniel was with me, who was talking with people as well.
Why am I saying this? Not to toot my horn - that's for sure. But to show that there is a massive opportunity to minister the gospel in Christchurch.
The laborers are few. And good conversation days like this are exhausting. Please continue to pray for the laborers that are out where the fish are.
On Friday, the team were in the central city. Air NZ were having a give away in Cathedral Square and this attracted many people to also have gospel conversations.
Later, there was some open air preaching happening and our "favorite" heckler was there (pictured).
The outreach finished in Cashel Mall with flip chart gospel conversations.
Please consider joining the team! :) Even once a fortnight can mean many more are reached with the precious message of Jesus.
View previous Christchurch (NZ) report (27 February 2019)
Christchurch (NZ) Team
Heads out on to the streets of Christchurch usually 6 days a week to various locations.
Including Fridays in Cathedral Square from 12:30pm and in Cashel Mall after that till 3:30pm. Also Sundays in Cashel Mall 1:30pm till 3:30pm.
Contact Glen Richards or Andy Barlow for more information.