Operation 513 Battle Log for Toowong on Tuesday June 22, 2021 from 1330 to 1500.
Today we had a bad start without any successful approach within 15 to 20 minutes in the beginning period. Johnny quickly resorted to extra prayer assembling us to pray to God asking Him to turn around the situation. It was really a lesson that God wanted us to learn that as a servant of God in street evangelism, nothing of our skill and experience will count if God does not open door for us to work with Him. We have to always humble ourselves to follow His guidance and be patience to let Him lead and open up opportunities according to His timing and plan.
After the extra prayer time, God did turn around the situation to let us picking up chat with more people even though stern rejection and hostile response against our approaches could still be experienced. Because of the initial slow people turn up rate and high rejection rate, I intentionally let Johnny and Winnie to grasp all gradually increasing chances first. As a result, I got fewer chats than normal conditions. My first successful chat was somewhat 30 to 40 minutes after we started. So, my Battle Log and Winnie’s one are recap as below: -
1) Shade an Indian girl whom I made a first successful approach. She appeared very friendly and open. I could take my time to share here the full Gospel and she seemed to be receptive to the gospel message admitting she is a sinner though regarded also as a good person. She did not show unwillingness to accept Christ before her bus arrived. So, I can only assume she will positively ponder to accept Jesus under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
2) Anna and Aussie girl and another Indian origin Singaporean girl both showed no rejection to let me chat with them about the Gospel. Like the previous Indian girl, both appeared very open mind with true interest to listen attentively and understand what I share. It was a pity their bus came a bit too early before I could seek out their responses. But I believe God will take care of the rest.
3) Debbie yet another Indian girl but claimed to profess Hinduism. She told me she had received the tract and had a chat with one of us. I asked what was her impression about the tract if it is logical, rational and sensible. She said yes but seemed to think that her Hinduism belief was no big different from Christianity. When I asked her how salvation will be ministered to sinners like us then sh showed that actually her mindset was still blocked by Hinduism that as long as you follow the teaching to be a good person, you will be blessed and saved. It was again a big pity I could not have time to explain the differences between Christianity and Hinduism before the bus arrived. Let just pray for next time when we met.
4) A Vietnamese man showed no interest first to Winnie. As usual I made a second approach. He chatted with me a short while but still politely decline to have any more conversation on religion which I had to let go.
5) Then God vindicated my persistence to approach reluctance people on first approach by Winnie. It was two Chinese Student from Shanghai 上海. They had been chatting amongst themselves as such they did not want Winnie to interrupt them making a move to go to the far end of the bus stop to continue on with their chat. The Holy spirit moved me to make a 2nd approach and it turned out to be a success this time. I had time to share the full gospel and got positive response from both of them when the bus arrived. So again, I have to let God to do the follow up and harvesting job.
6) A Taiwanese Christian girl first approached by Winnie sharing her full gospel before knowing she is a Christian. Then she invited Johnny to join the conversation. He invited her to attend the Sherwood Methodist Church when he knew she has not attended any Chinese church here. I nevertheless took the chance to check about her assurance of salvation which was well passed.
第一位 Jean, 中國來的少女，當我講完福音，巴士到逹。
第六位，澳洲少女，當我傳福音给她，她開始咀咒 神 耶穌基督，説我是罪人，随處講耶穌。我回答她，我們的確是罪人，我傳福音目的是想救人的靈魂。神祝福妳，願妳平安。我便離開。
第七位 Jason, 中國青年，聽到這位澳洲女士大罵耶穌。當我傳福音给他時，他説是基督徒，我想测试他是否明白救恩，但巴士來到。
第八位 Anne, 中國來的 UQ 學生。初時不願意聽福音，後來我問及她，如果死後你知道往那裏去嗎？在緊急的時候，沒有人幫妳，妳會怎樣？她沒有回答。跟着 我傳講福音及見証给她。問她願意悔改信靠耶穌基督為救世主嗎？她説會認真想想。
第九及第十位 中國來的 UQ 學生，當我傳講福音给他們，他們不願意聽，説巴士來到，我以為他們真的上了巴士。當關牧師問及我這兩位青年人站在巴士站旁邊，我才醒覺他們還在，可能他們看錯巴士。便請關牧師向他們傳講福音吧！
第十一位 Nora 台湾來的少女。基督徒，不明白救恩，我解释救恩及講我的見証。我們很投合。因為她是台湾來的，便叫 Johnny 來，一起倾談。Johnny 介绍她到教會。關牧師也來到，講述長细的救恩及基督徒的生命歷程。
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.