Your donation allows Operation 513 to provide more free gospel tracts for people to hand out during special outreaches. Also it allows us to give out free Bibles and apologetical resources during our outreaches.
100% of any money received goes directly to supporting the proclamation of the gospel. We have no admin fees.
Wednesday, 28 January, 2015
It was another great outreach in Brisbane city on Wednesday. One thing I love about the city during the day is that there are lots of people about, which means lots of people to witness to.
We used the sketchboard to present the gospel in the open air and it was well received. After one of the presentations of the gospel, a number of people came up and took a gospel of John. For I encouraged anyone who was interested in finding out more to take one. And it resulted in some very good one to one conversations afterward.
Here are a couple people to pray for from the outreach:
• Ben - from Nauru, will be studying in Brisbane for the next 4 years. He was very receptive. After initially thinking it was his own goodness that could save him, he came to understand the gospel. I gave him a full Bible and he said he would start reading it daily.
• Vishal, family is Buddhist, so that is why he is. He admitted he loves his sin, but he did have many good questions. He heard the whole message but said he knows his parents will disown him if he converts. To him, the cost was too high. Please pray God compels him to come to Christ.
To the God who can convert even the hardest heart, to Him be the glory!
Saturday, 24 January, 2015
Please pray for the following people:
• Dimitri - he said he was a scientist from France and he didn't believe in God. So I thought that this would be a tough conversation, thinking he probably wouldn't budge from his atheistic position.
But after showing him that just by looking at a building we know it had a builder, even though we have never seen him, so we can look at this universe and since it had a beginning, it therefore must have had a creator, he though we can't see him, Dimitri came to acknowledge that God exists.
So I went through the law of God with him to bring the knowledge of sin, talked about the judgement to come, Heaven and Hell, and the cross. He was intently listening to what I was saying and seriously considering the message.
• Forest & Zeff - they said they were Christians because they attend a Church. They also thought that being a good person saved them. I explained the whole message and they came to understand the gospel. They said they would think about it.
• Robert - goes to Hillsong in the valley. Didn't know the gospel, but after hearing it explained to him, he said he would trust in Christ alone for his forgiveness.
There were many other conversations that were had also. Please pray for those who heard the message and those who received gospel tracts. To God be the glory!
Wednesday, 21 January, 2015
There were lots of great conversations with people on our Brisbane city outreach this Wednesday.
Here are some names to pray for:
• Jordan, Luka and Gabby - thought good people, said they would think about the message they heard and start reading the Bible.
• John (secular) and Bashia (Muslim) - the Muslim had common objections, like "there were other perfect prophets besides Jesus", and "why go through someone else who is not God", not understanding that Jesus is God.
The secular guy, John, said "I haven't found my purpose in life". Very willing to listen and said he would consider the message.
• Jimmy - Chinese guy lives in Canberra. Up in Brisbane for Soccer game Thursday night. He intellectually knew the gospel, but said he is living in sin. I encouraged him to trust in Christ alone and it will mean he will no longer want to live in sin.
• Aeora and Gemma - said would think about message.
• Cameron - young Christian goes to Hillsong. Michael encouraged him to read the Bible.
• Two Vietnamese boys (Tony and his friend) - listening intently, heard whole gospel.
• Dana & Josiah
• Maverick - appeared to be tearing up as he heard the gospel. Gave him NT. Said he would seriously think about message.
• Denis - spoke to Michael, was feeling guilty he had been with a prosititute, wanted a Bible.
• Matthew, Daniel, Frasier interacted with me while I was preaching. They attend a Christian school. They said to be saved one must "ask Jesus into their heart". But they had no understanding of grace. And they admitted they are living in sin. Was able to continue speaking with them after finishing up preaching. After using a few analogies, they came to understand grace, and said they would each trust in Christ alone for their forgiveness. They said they had counted the cost.
• Michael - orthodox, "I am not good enough", came to understand gospel.
We keep sowing the seed and God causes it to grow in His time. Glory to God!
Saturday, 10 January, 2015
We had a good sized team last night in Brisbane city.
Something interesting happened. On Friday night at the Gold Coast, I spoke to group of 4 young men, probably in their early 20s, who were content living in their sin.
Then last night Brisbane as I was beginning to hand out some tracts, who walked by? The very same four guys I spoke to the night before!
They said, "It's you again!" So I said, "Maybe God is trying get your attention. Two nights in a row in two different places. And even though God has allowed you to live another day since yesterday, his patience may run out at any moment. You need to get right with God."
One of the guys then said, "Now I have two of these", as he pulled out of his bag the tract he received the night before.
Please pray that God would save these young men.
A very good night overall. The gospel was preached. And a number of team members also reported that some people came to profess faith in Christ.
Watch the following video from the night:
To God be the glory!
Wednesday, 31 December, 2014
It was a lively outreach in Brisbane city during New Year's Eve. Large crowds gathered to listen to the preaching, and there were quite a number of hecklers.
Ultimately the gospel was preached and so we rejoice!
Watch the following video from the night:
To God be the glory!
Saturday, 20 December, 2014
The city was absolutely packed tonight in Brisbane as we arrived. Thousands of people had gathered to watch the Christmas light presentation on City Hall.
The Christmas gospel tract that we have was flying out of our hands. I really do praise God for this time of year.
Later on in the night we had several team members open air preach. When Ryan was preaching he was interacting with a man named Dom. He thought he was a good person.
After going through the law of God (to bring the knowledge of sin), he understood he deserved Hell, and so Ryan had the privilege of declaring the gospel to him.
The man then asked, "But is Jesus the only way to Heaven?" Ryan responded with a clear yes, for Jesus is the only person who has lived perfectly and therefore is the only possible substitute for us.
After stepping down from the box, Ryan was able to continue the conversation with him and give him a gospel of John to start reading. Please pray that God would save Dom.
We had a few new team members tonight, which we praise God for. A very successful night indeed, in total we handed out over 4,000 gospel tracts.
Glory to God!
Saturday, 13 December, 2014
It was a great night of evangelism in Brisbane. The team was able to hand out over 3000 gospel tracts, and also have many great conversations. The Gospel was also preached in the open-air.
The saddest part of the night was speaking to a man named Will. Will is a seminary student studying to become an Anglican Priest.
Sadly, Will doesn't know the Gospel. When Josh asked him how someone can have their sins forgiven, he replied by saying he doesn't know, and he was still working out how he could be forgiven.
Josh shared the Gospel with him and stressed his need to have faith in Christ. He took a tract and was encouraged to study his Bible. Please pray for Will.
Wednesday, 10 December, 2014
Ryan Hemelaar and Josh Williamson spent the afternoon in Brisbane sharing the Gospel. Today, we were able to have some great conversations and many tracts were distributed. Sadly, two Local Law officers from the Brisbane City Council tried to stop the outreach. Even though they admitted we weren't breaking the law, and that we had permits, they personally opposed our message and think that we shouldn't be allowed to preach.
Please pray for those who heard the Good News today, and also pray for those two Local Law Officers. Pray that their attempts to silence the Gospel will fail.
Saturday, 29 November, 2014
Praise God the gospel was proclaimed in Brisbane city tonight.
The couple in the first two photos were from Italy. She was about to make the oath to become a nun but had just pulled out. Josh was able to explain the gospel to them and even got them to read the gospel presentation in Italian on the GM28 iPhone app. Please pray that they would come to understand grace.
As you can see in the last photo, quite a number of people took the Bibles and other resources we had on our Free Bibles table.
Listen to the open air message that Josh Williamson preached tonight:
(This audio is raw and from the streets. It gives the listener a taste of what open-air evangelism is like. Due to the nature of this audio there may be some language that is offensive to some listeners.)
God's word never returns void!
Saturday, 8 November, 2014
People were asking lots of questions last night in Brisbane during the preaching.
Christ was proclaimed and even though there were many hard hearts, one young man in particular came up to us asking for a Bible and expressed how he feels so guilty for his sin, he hasn't been able to sleep because of it, so he asked "How can I be forgiven?"
This man came to profess faith in Christ and then came back later on with his friends so that they could hear about Christ as well. To God alone be the glory!