Battle Log of Operation 513 at Toowong on Tuesday Feb 15, 2020 1330 - 1500
After a rest of 42 days or 6 weeks, because partially of Omicron but mostly my surgical need of treatment for bladder cancer and subsequently a prostate trimming operation, the Toowong team of three Johnny, Winnie and Hung have regrouped today for a fresh start. Praise and thanks God new blood was introduced by Rev Kiateck Tan of CCCB St Lucia Ryan Chinese Congregation. They are all BST students but all seeking to have their ministry practicum be done at SCCC as such Rev Kiateck Tan arranged them to have a taste of Street Outreach by joining us at Toowong. They are Amanda Liu from Hill Song, Alice Wu and Po Yuan from SCCC. Each of us take care of one BST student. Johnny partner with Po Yuan to do outreach at the Main Entrance of Toowong Village while the rest went to the Bus stop across the Road. I spent a lot of time to brief first Alice than Amanda the biblical ground for street outreach to share gospel indiscriminative to people of all nations. The rationale is from Matt 5:13-15 that Christians should all be acting as priest to bring people to Christ in a visible way as if we are the light and salt for witness Christ. And it is not only for the single purpose of sowing the seed of Gospel, but more importantly to experience how to work with God to overcome any difficulty in crossing all sort of barrier to preach the gospel as such God will help us growth during this process making us more mature spiritually day by day till we are transformed back to perfection which After all is the promise of God as per Eph 4:10. I have to help them to put aside the Chinese typical way of evangelism that it must be ended by bringing the gospel target to Christ ending in a prayer. In Operation 513 code of ministry, we are forbidden to force our way to pressurize the gospel target to make an instance decision on the spot and then we lead them to Christ by a Prayer of repentance. Instead, we will encourage them to take it easy to go home , re-read the gospel tract and tell God their decision if they are really moved to accept Christ. I do pray that, the three BST student first street outreach experience will give them motivation and momentum to keep coming next week.
The time left for me to do my own outreach was much less as recap below: -
1) Gabriel is a fresh year one UQ student going to attend the market day of the Orientation week. He was a bit apprehended initially if he should chat with me when he noticed it is about gospel and Christianity as he has formed some negative thought about it. I asked him for an example and he said Christianity is immoral to use animal sacrifice to achieve religious purpose. No animal should be killed, I said to him, it is only a symbolism that God used to foretell how Jesus will offer himself as the sacrificial lamb to die for us and shoulder all the punishment of sin originally due on us. He then criticize why God does not make human not able to sin. I patiently explain to him God is great in creation of human as a relational being with free will to choose to love God or disobey Him. Otherwise, a man without free will but preprogramed to do only good thing is a soulless robot as such will be incapable of building interaction and relationship with God and other fellow human being. First Human failed the test and have brought the world to a fallen state infringing the glory of God. It is the predestine knowledge of God that through His dual Kingdom and Salvation Project as per Gen 3:15, to be kicked off by Jesus through dying on the cross, will bring salvation to repentant sinners and bring restoration of this fallen world back into His Kingdom. The bus came at this point I time and I trusted that God will have further work on this young man who still care to ask questions to get clarification on the Christian faith.
2) Then I approached a Chinese guy with Amanda watching on the side. This guy is from Hongkong but actually migrated to Hong Kong from mainland as such he can speak Mandarin. He showed off he has a Bible at home and has the habit to read it every now and then. But the bottom line is , he is not yet a Christian and don not yet understand salvation. I did my best to share with him the core of the gospel, but he seems not fully concentrated in listening and understand the gospel but side track along the way to avoid the issue of sin. He also tried to distract our conversation to ask if I do this as my vocation. Thus, it was no surprised he did not listen clearly and completely the full gospel by the time the bus came. I told Amanda, even this divine encounter was not considered as a successful one. But God will not let thing happened without a purpose. He will keep pursuing this self-smart guy until he surrenders to accept Christ line myself at the age of 40.
3) The I approached a black person I thought is from Africa but actually he is from New Zealand. The timing was again not right and I could only manage to share him the nutshell of the gospel stressing that no one got saved unless one is perfect, or else both bad guys and good guys all need Christ.
4) Jack is a fair dinkum Christian having hundred percent assurance of salvation. But when asked deeper the biblical basis of it, he still need some explanation on the three-fold salvation package of God. Hence receiving Christ alone as our saviour to let him shoulder our punishment of sin will grant us instantly the heavenly citizenship or being justified to become God’s children. Yet it is only a change of our eternal identity, but the essence of our life has yet to be changed and transformed back to perfection. This is the point of confusion misleading most Christian to feel unsure about the fact that we are 100% save and can go to heaven in future despite we are still not perfect after we are accepted back as God’s citizen. Because it is God’s promise to complete his job to make us perfect ultimately by serving and working with Hm on God’s mission. I was a bit surprise Jack seems to have not Regular Christen affiliation with either a church group or with Christian fellowship like Power to Change. I pray that God will lead him to continue with his journey of sanctification.
Battle Log of Winnie:-
一個月没有到 Toowong 了。因為關牧師的不適，以及疫情傳播很快，所以我和 Johnny 都稍作休息一下。感謝 神！關牧師康复了許多，所以他带领我們，再次出隊。還有陳佳德牧師也帶了三位大學生來學習，吸取經驗。
1. 分别是澳洲少女 Betty及男青年人 Alan, 他們説是基督徒，但不明白救恩。我解释给他們。
2. 三位日本少女，Mary, Ruby & Lucy. 未認識耶稣，我傳了福音给她們。她們説會想想。
4. 澳洲少女 Amanda, 相片中，基督徒。完全明白救恩。100% 得救。
5. 中國少女，May。當我講完福音，她説願意信靠主，找教會，尋求更多真理。她説住在 St. Lucia，靠近陳牧師教會，可惜陳牧師還未到，她要上巴士。求主带領她。
8. 中國青年 Peter, 他説是基督徒，但完全不明白基督信仰，没有聖经知識。
感謝 神的帶领。願今天所有聽到福音人仕，悔改，回轉歸向 神。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.