Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday March 8th, 2022 from 1330 to 1500
The revived street outreach after the subsiding of Omicron was interrupted last week by the general road block caused by flash flooding. Though some of the road block is still in place , but access to Toowong is ok as such the three regular team mates Johnny, Winnie and Hung can reassembled again. The weather was extreme hot up to 35C, yet it could not hampered our eagerness for outreach. We all could meet many UQ students especially fresh undergraduate. Majority showed openness to have a chat without only a few exceptions. So God is good.
Hung battle Log
1) I was First rejected by a Chinese guy, and the Spirit did not move me to keep pursuing.
2) Girl from Northern Europe did not reject my approach but showed indifference all the time when I shared the gospel.北歐女生顕現冷漠
3) Then I approached an Indian guy who did not show keen interest to chat initially, but just let my conversation go on with gradually increasing degree of interaction. His interest was aroused and he finally took a tract and promised to ponder on the foundation of gospel message I shared with him.
4) Gwen, a Chinese look girl from Brunei possibly of Muslim background but was very open for religious conversation and appeared very receptive to the gospel message.
5) A Big fellow refused to chat with Winnie, but the Spirit led me to approach him on a friendly chat basis. I basically used my testimony of planning to do a Master of Counseling to minister to the family counseling need of my own church members but after a year of study, I found out from the course about code of conduct than a Counselor cannot have dual relationship with patient. So I cannot serve my own church member but must refer to others. It seems that my purpose of doing the degree was tarnished. But God made no mistakes to let me use this Counseling student identify to join the 2008 Sichuan earthquake and there by opened up a 7 years period of China ministry. I bring back the discussion to the issue can we really planned and have full control of our own life. Can we be sure to be a good man all our life without any blemishes. If not, shall we need to face the consequence of our imperfect decision making that led us to face judgment after death. So virtually, I still brought the big fellow back to my first question and he is responding very sensibly now when the bus arrival ending our 10 minutes or more conversation.
6) A Catholic Christian ask me to save my gas as he is a Catholic. Then I tested for his assurance of salvation which failed utterly. Yet he just showed an indifferent attitude could not be careless if he really understand the meaning of salvation.
7) Then God led me to approach Nadim an Malaysian Muslin that Johnny already have a good and successful chat leading him to understand the salvation and even has invited him to Sherwood Methodist. I basically reinforce don the assurance of salvation with encouragement to follow Jesus and learn God through Bible study at Church.
8 ) Rowland a Singapore young man with very opened mind and showed genuine receptiveness to the Gospel.
9) Olive a polite Aussie girl paying genuine attention to the Gospel message I shared and admitted that it is all logical and sensible to know we are sinners and we all need Jesus.
8/3/22 Toowong Battle log of Winnie
1. 台湾來的青年 UQ 學生，Tony。聽過耶穌名字，當我問他有説謊嗎？他説没有。我再次問他，你生存到现在，曾经有説謊嗎？他説有。我説，説謊是罪，于是给他單張看看，甚麽是罪？我從頭説一次福音给他，他聽後，會想清楚基督的信仰。
4. 日本少女，Gloria。初時她不願意聽福音及不接受單張。當時我問她，如果緊急情况，妳大聲叫救命，没有人來救妳，妳會怎樣做？她没有回答。于是我便傳福音给她。我説， 人不能做的事， 神可以做到。祂會馬上來救妳。我們不知道明天會發生甚麽事情？但是，信靠耶稣，罪得赦免，有永生的盼望。她説會想清楚基督的信仰及閲讀單張。
9. Brain & Sam，中國青年。我也是問到他們，如果緊急事情發生，你們大聲呼求救命，没有人來救你們，你們會怎樣？他們没有回答。我説人不能做的事，神一定可以做到。跟着傳福音给他們。我們不知道明天將會發生甚麽事？但信靠耶稣，罪得赦免，得永生。他們説會考慮清楚基督的信仰。
11. 中國青年，Brian & Steve。他們聽完福音後，願意悔改，信靠耶穌為救世主，找教會。求主带領他們前面的路。
11. 印度藉少女，Mira，澳洲 Rockhampton 出生的 UQ 學生。當她聽完福音後，她願意悔改，信靠耶稣基督為救世主，找教會。
12. 從加拿大來的青年 UQ 學生，Matt。當他聽完福音，願意悔改，信靠耶穌基督為救世主。找教會。
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.