Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 19th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Praise and thank God Winnie and Hung started without Johnny who is now on mission trip to Launceston in Tasmania at Toowong and was joined by Kiateck Tan later to form a team of three to do street outreach. Despite it is already mid- Autumn, the afternoon sun was still scorching hot that people at the bus stop tended to hid behind the shade of the Bus Stop. There was less people flow as it was a holiday break for UQ, but we still managed to get as many conversation as God matched us up as His divine encounter. Thank God that I only encountered a couple of rejections with all the rest leading to a fruitful conversation as recap below: -
1. After a couple of rejections, God led me to approach a 2nd year UQ student from Indonesia, I was managed to share the nutshell of the Gospel to him before the bus came and gave him a tract to read to supplement what I shared.
2. Then I approached a Pacific Islander ABC of Chinese descendent. He was polite and expressed no need to hear. But I still managed to use a friendly manner to pass on the gospel message until the bus came.
3. Steven a tall Aussie young man. He is a non-believer and not sure if he can go to heaven. I could manage to affirm him that no one can go to Heaven unless you are perfect.
4. Bradley another local Aussie young UQ students, I was able to share the full gospel plus my testimony. He seemingly was impressed to really ponder to receive Christ. I referred him to Power to Change if he wanted to pursue God.
5. Ben was another UQ students from England at the age of 6 year. He admitted this was the first time he heard about the gospel and he was very receptive and ready to receive Christ.
6. Then I chatted with a Poland lady Catalina. We found the come topic of who are bad and as listed on the tract plus Putin who are widely regarded as a War Criminal and those helping out Ukraine including Poland as the number one supportive country to help out Ukraine in their self-defensive military action. It led into the topic if being a good person like the Ukrainian and Poland people can go to heaven. She found the conclusion very interesting but no more time to continue with the conversation except taking a tract to read at home.
7. Finally, I shared with a young couple from Malaysia who are bilingual. Eventually I chose to share them the full gospel in English and managed to finish it before the bus came.
Battle Log of Winnie: 19/4/22 Toowong
感謝 神今天的帶領，讓我遇上11 人傳講福音及解释救恩的機會。
第九位中國來的 UQ 學生，Peter。當他聽完福音後，他説會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
感謝 神的帶領，願今天聽到福音人士，明白主的愛，悔改回轉歸向 神。奉主名求。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.