Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday March 14th, 2023 from 1330 – 1500
It was another very hot day but both Winnie and Hung did not have time to feel uncomfortable for the heat as both were full occupied for chatting though most of them were not very long. Another noteworthy phenomenon is the higher ratio of Gospel target from Mainland China than people of other nations. In the past it was very hard to get mainlander for a chat but situation is changing lately. It was perhaps after the baptism of the Covid-19 suffering, many young people realized the vulnerability of life and the sinful nature of human making the pandemic a more disastrous one. The upsurging of the white paper rebel was one of the sign that the outcry for justice by a supreme God to there to changing the stone heart to a heart of flesh ready for the gospel. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung.
1) After a first rejection by another Mainland girl, Lin? from Guangzhou ?? delightfully chatted with me at the and of the long queue as such we have a quite long chat. She has just arrived for a few weeks to do her Master degree study on marketing. She disclosed she is not yet a Christian but she acknowledged that the logic of the gospel is rational without any argument. She showed willingness to ponder on her next step of faith to address the issue of sin in her life.
2) Then I caught up with He? from Jiangxi?? Jiu Jiang.?? He was also quite open for a chat and appeared very receptive to the Gospel message.
3) Then I met up with another mainlander by the name of Lin ? from Hangzhou???He appeared very friendly and interactive for the gospel chat. ?? He is doing a graduate study on Data Processing.
4) Then I tried to approach a Chinese Couple. But they were engaging in something else that made them not available for a chat. The girl anyway willingly took a tract to read later.
5) Then I caught up with Chen from Wuhan???, He has been in Brisbane for 4 years arriving jsut before the pandemic as such having avoided the break out of Covid in Wuhan. He did feel the vulnerability of life as such the gospel message made sense to him.
6) Then I tried to meet with people of other culture, i.e a Western girl. She politely declined my approach but willingly took a tract to read.
7) Then my Japanese greeting came into usage when Amanda disclosed she is a Japanese. It helped to build good rapport and allowed me to share the full gospel message to her. She listened attentively but at the end still claimed no interest to consider this important life issue to address our sin. Just pray for her.
8 ) Then I was led to approach a Bangladesh man. I used the earthquake issue to show vulnerability of life and the need to address sin. He took a tract and promise to ponder.
9) Finally I caught up with a man from Bangkok, Thailand who claimed he is a Buddhist. But he was still open enough to listen to the full gospel. I even used the stone wall structure of the Budda claiming he himself is not perfect and equally need a saviour.
View previous Toowong (QLD) report (7 March 2023)
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.