Sunnybank Team (QLD)
Meets 1-3pm Wednesday afternoons at the Sunnybank bus stop on Mains Road.
Contact us for more information.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 25th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today, Gary was caught up with family's matter. So, only Johnny, Amy and Hung were available. The wind had eased down a bit but still there obviously was less people flow and we had to sit and wait for significant part of the time we were on ministry. Nevertheless, God's grace was sufficient for us to have our respective meaningful divine encounter occasion to share Gospel or to clarify faith with Christian who have no assurance of salvation. Recap below is the battle log of Hung.
1 ) Sio, is a Fijian and was a Mormon, but I was almost misled if not cheated that she was a genuine Christian with 100% assurance of faith. She answered all two diagnosis questions perfectly correct, admitting and accepting it is all the credit of Jesus' sacrificial death with full atoning effect. However when I ask with admiration which denomination of Christianity she is affiliated, then she disclosed she is a Mormon. That means the Mormon has evolved to a certain degree more creepy and deceitful to look like Christianity. Sio even said Mormon now believe in Trinity, but Jesus remain only a latter day of Saint or a lessor god commissioned by the one God head.
I have to pay more attention to detect this new era Mormon in future.
2 ) Bobo, a young man with a Chinese look but actually is from Thailand. He was opened for gospel but my sharing was unfinished thought the nutshell of the gospel and the conclusion was drawn that no one can go to heaven unless one is perfect.
3 ) Jack, a Local Aussie who appeared friendly to stop listening to music but to spend time to chat with me. Thanks God his bus came very late so I almost finished sharing the full gospel.
4 ) A Chinese tall girl but was reluctant to chat possibly because she considered herself a Buddhist followers. I nevertheless still manged to share the nutshell of the gospel and pointing out that all Religion only guide people to be a good person but no religion apart from Christianity address the issue of sins.
5 )Finally I met Lina from Africa who has 100% assurance of faith.
6 ) Then I met Vanessa a Malaysian Christian yet she has no assurance of salvation. Gladly I clarified this misunderstanding with her.
7 ) 潘媂 Pandi is from 彰化 of Taiwan who appeared very opened for the gospel despite she is a Taoist follower 道教. She actually said she has heard the gospel many time in Taiwan and admitted that it is sensible and logical. I asked what held her back from making the last step of faith then she mentioned family tie with Taoist tradtion明白.還未接受. So pray for God's special grace to move her towards this last step of faith.
8 ) Bessy an Indian young lady who was very talkative from an academics thinking point of view. She kept arguing that doing good is not a motive to be able to be qualified for heaven. Anyway, I led her back to the main issue of sin that can only be dealt with the Christian way by the redemptive grace of Jesus dying to take our place to receive punishment of our sins.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 25th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today we have a full team of four at Sunnybank including Johnny, Gary, Amy and Hung. It was for a long long time we needed to split up the team with Johnny serving on the East side of the foot bridge near the Sunnypark side. This explained why we had less picture for Johnny. Praise be to the Lord, the Holy Spirit continued to orchestrate the team work, with one of our team members making the first approach without success or just a short chat but then with a 2nd team member following up with a long and fruitful conversation. In particular, I have at least 3 to four very fruitful chat that the gospel target made explicit promise to make their step of faith either as a new Christian or as a revived Christian to return to God. Amy my new co-worker pastor continued to experience the good work of God allowing her to have many more fruitful gospel conversations that helped to boost her faith and trust in God. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung.
1) I first caught up with a man carrying a bag with two big signs in side. I joked with him that he should be a good mate with Gary who also like to make big gospel sign for Christ. It wa a pity this ice breaking chat could not lead on to the gospel message, but the man happily took a tract from me as the bus arrived.
2) Sam is a near ABC from the North-Eastern region of China but he came at very young age. 東北大朋友 Yet he was the rare species that can still speaks fluent Mandarin because he has very good communication with his mum at home. He was very impressed by the gospel and eagerly said he will tell his mum to receive Christ. That was the beginning of my fruitful gospel sharing this afternoon.
3) Then a chatted with a Maori lady from Kiwi but also called Australian home like me. She was a very good listener and show good receptiveness to Gospel. It was a pity the bus cam a bit prematurely earlier before I can get her response. But it was obvious that the Spirit was at work in her heart,
4) Leno a young man from Tonga. After a quick gospel sharing, the Spirit moved me to ask if he is a Christian and he said he was. Then it began a long conversation of discipleship to bring Leno back on the right track to have first a full understanding of Gospel and the correct Christian walk to glorify God. He was completely fired up and was so excited to give me a both thump up even after getting on to the bus. It was good that we took a selfie to let me remember and pray for him whether we will meet again or not.
5) Then I approached an Indian girl who also showed receptiveness to the Gospel.
6) Madonna is an extensively mixed breed person that you cannot tell from her appearance. Her father is with cross breed of Chinese and Indigenous blood while her mother is also with multiple blood of the European countries. She looks anyway a white Australian. God gave me a nice ice breaker that she was carrying at least 10 shopping bags as such I teased her saying she definitely needs not only someone to give her a hand but many hands. We started our chat box and found she does not have any clear faith but was also impressed by the Gospel. She promised to ponder on making her needed step of faith.
7) Then the Spirit led me to approach Sammy a QUT student from Taiwan Taipei. She said someone already chatted with her and given her a tract, but it was only a very brief caht by Amy as Sammy was busy in doing her shopping first. After that, I caught up with her and God had given me another long chat that impressed Sammy to really envy the simple but full life of a Christian. She joyfully promised to consider receiving Christ and happily took a picture with me to leave a memory of our divine encounter for follow up prayer.
8 ) An Aussie middle age man showed no interest to chat but still took a tract.
9) A young lady form Hong Kong initially gave me a cold shoulder when I spoke to her in Mandarin.港女，不喜歡普通話. Once I identify myself as Hong Konger, then she turned soft and have a good chat of the Gospel.
10) Finally a local Aussie old man welcome me for a chat but then the bus came too quick to cut short our conversation. And I also called for the day after that.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 18th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today Johnny was not available but Gary turned up with two of his newly made gospel sign. So together with Amy the three of us teamed up to serve the Lord and support each other. The weather had turned fine. The People flow at the bus stop was quite busy. As usual there were normal rate of rejection. And more or less equal chance for a chat. For me lately, God let me encounter many Christians, today especially, but all of them have problem with assurance of salvation, not sure if they are can be allowed into the heaven. So I spent quite long time for all those Christians to clarify the black spot of their faith. Recap below is my Battle Log.
1) John is from China at young age as such we still switched to communicate in English. He was open and a willing listener except our conversation had to be cut short with the arrival of his bus. I still managed to tell him the facts that no one can go to heaven unless you are perfect. And Jesus alone is that person a perfect man and a perfect God who had died for us to pay for our sin. Pray that the tract will help him to grasp the full message of the Gospel.
2) Next, I chatted with an ABC whose parents were from Hong Kong. He seemed to also have affinity with Hongkongers like his parents as such he was a very willing listener of the gospel with good positive response. He promised to read the tract and ponder about the promise of free gift of eternal life readily on offer by Jesus for anyone who is repentant to accept him as Saviour of their fallen life.
3) Then I approached Elena who had just declined the approach of Gary. Because she is a Christian so she considered she does not need to hear the Gospel. But I still was moved to approach her and amazingly, she found it OK to chat with me. She allowed me to share the full gospel first and revealed she is readily a Christian. Perhaps she just wanted to assure what I preached is the genuine gospel. So, it was my turn to test for here assurance of salvation and not surprisingly she does not have full100% assurance of Salvation. thinking she is not yet good enough as such she only has 60% certainty. I clarified the whole issue to her and she felt appreciated.
4) Sifter is a Malaysia English speaking person. He is also a good audience of the Gospel but a great pity the bus also cut short our conversation.
5) After that, I faced several rejections both by refusing to chat or simply absolute negligence.
6) The Spirit led me to get pass a few people to approach a black old man 0f 85 years old from South Sudan by the name of Allison Dille. He was not there for the bus but simply resting there to watch people walked pass him. We engaged in very long conversation starting from knowing history of his country of origin, his family of protestant Christian origins, and his Christian faith as well as his visions to build up his own country compatriot community and their cultural contextualized Christian Church to preserve their Christian heritage in their own contextual format. After having touched on all these vast topic and life issues, I returned to the basic testing for his assurance of salvation, but unfortunately, the good person mentality still crept in despite he claimed his protestant faith tradition. I nevertheless challenged him to think when did he receive this assurance that he is God's people again and how sure it is. So, he could not but admitted it should be the moment he received Christ. So, I further challenged him if he thought the redemptive work of Jesus is perfectly effective and sufficient to redeem us from bondage of sin. So again, he admitted the work of Jesus was perfect for saving us. So, I just lead him to know the complete salvation plan by God is in three-fold. Being justified by accepting Jesus as Saviour is just the first fold of past deliverance. On this basic, God will build on it to make us perfect by the life transforming power of the Holy Spirit which is the 2nd fold of Current salvation. Then when Jesus comes back for the 2nd time, our body will be renewed back to perfect which is the 3r fold of salvation. Therefore, doubt not that God has given us the free gift of eternal life or the heavenly citizenship before we are yet to be perfected. He thanks me for this exchange of information and was happy to let me take a photo to leave a mark in our life about this divine encounter.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 11th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
It was a rainy and cold day but it could not stop the Sunnybank team to keep our commitment to preach the gospel to people of all nations either in good time or in adverse condition like today. Gary could not join us, not because of the weather but his kids got sick that he could not leave home too long, so instead he did his own outreach nearest to his home. So only Johnny, Amy and Hung came to team up for God. There were less people flow , but because of the incessant rain, people were forced to assemble under the cover of the bus stop as such, all of us still got amble opportunities to get into conversation with some and in the meantime, as usual also rejected by many. But God is sovereign making no mistakes to destine some to be touched and softened to listen to the gospel and letting some remained stone heart with the seed sown for sprouting into life in His time. We just serve faithfully to grasp hold of all the divine appointment God open for us. Recap is the Battle Log of Hung:
1. John a near-ABC who came her at the age of 5-year-old appeared open and willing to engage in conversation though in English. It was the first time he heard about the gospel and showed willingness to pursue God and salvation.
2. Then I approached a fat guy who kept using excuses to avoid a chat with me though not an outright rejection. I anyway still managed to give him a tract and left a message that everyone needs Jesus unless you are perfect.
3. Approached Janet, a Christian lady and tested 100% assurance of salvation.
4. Ken from Taiwan, not really interested in the religious stuff, but I still managed to share with him the nutshell of Gospel.
5. Amy was one of the four students from a private high school. She is of African origin and appeared quite receptive to the Gospel message listening attentively and show appreciation afterwards. Johnny was doing the same thing with the other three girls which I overheard with some ridiculing voice. So I was glad God used me to single out Amy from her other more playful friends.
6. Then approached a Vietnamese Christian man but it was a pity I did not have time to test for his assurance of salvation.
7. I met Mr Chan 陳from Malaysia yet a Cantonese speaking person. 馬來華人廣東話. He once attended church but going no more. I could only manage to keep up with him a friendly relationship to wait for next opportunity as his bus came very soon.
8. Then God led me to meet with a Korean Christian but weirdly he avoided questions for diagnosis about his assurance of salvation. It was a very rare reaction from a born-again Christian that don’t want to share about his faith.
9. Then God led me to chat with Brook yet another professed Christian. She passed the test to show she has 100 % assurance of salvation. Though she works in a bakery, but she involves in many forms of church ministry. I am glad that her perfect understanding of salvation will be an asset of her church for bringing up younger kids to receive Christ finally through the correct teaching of the gospel.
10. Approached Jenny a Vietnamese lady. She was also a willing listener of the Gospel
11. Finally, Johnny referred Mrs Wong to me as she is from Hong Kong黃女士，she claimed she used to attend Hill Song but no more after pandemic，Surprisingly senior people seldom has mature Biblical teaching yet Mrs Wong showed she has 100% of assurance of salvation simply because of the redemptive work of Jesus through dying for our sins. Later, I found out that she is the wife of a senior man that I used to have greeting when we met at Sunnybank. It was good that I finally could confirm that the faith of that couples are pure and correct.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday May 4th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today, Johnny re-joined the Sunnybank Street outreach together with Gary and Hung. Amy was sick and had to be excused. Sunnybank is still predominantly a Chinese major evangelism field yet still with opportunities to preach the gospel to people of other nations (People Group) So I am extremely impressed for the effort and commitment of Gary joining us at Sunnybank. He has to repeatedly replenish more Chinese Tracts from us. In return, I can always follow up on those gospel targets of Chinese and Asian descendants having been approached by Gary but in Chinese. We thank God for good team work and commitment despite of tough external environment for God’s glory sake.
1. God first led me chat with Shirley an old Aussie lady who also felt threatened and distracted by a Japanese woman who had a mental health weird behaviour display. I anyhow still managed to finish sharing the gospel message though her heart was half carried away. Still trust God might have His follow up work on her.
2. I then approached another Chinese woman who politely declined my approach claiming that she has got the tract before. 中婦己拿 I could not do much as the bus arrived at that time.
3. Then God let me to approach two Chinese girls with one Cantonese speaking from Guangdong 廣東and another from Mandarin speaking province. The Cantonese speaking girl was interested and willing to listen on but I still managed to switch to speaking in Mandarin so that both ladies could listen. The Cantonese speaking Girl appeared very receptive.
4. Then I was led to approach another Chinese lady who speaks good Mandarin by the name of Li李，I was surprised to find out that she was actually an ABC. She admitted that she has heard gospel before 聽過，but she still has some issues yet to be clarified有一些看法覺得有聽進去, God gave me enough time to lead her through the gospel and hopefully she was completely clear this time. So just has to pray for the work of the Spirit to move her to make the last step of faith to receive Christ.
5. I approached another Chinese lady but just had time to give her a tract when her bus came. 中女趕車
6. Then I saw a Nepal man reading a tract from Gary. I waited until he finished reading and tried to follow up on the nutshell of the Gospel. Though he still declared he is a Hindu follower, but he was impressed and attracted to pursue God which is a good sign and he certainly is on the path planned by God for him toward his eventual salvation.
7. Rosy is a very westernized Afghanistan lady having come to Australia for 17 years at the age of 11-year-old. Seemingly she is still not yet a believer, but she was very graceful for my sharing of the full gospel, and promised to ponder the pursuance of God.
8. Then I was led to approach another Chinese lady of Buddhism background. I still managed to throw her the idea of atonement of sin by a Saviour rather than relying on our good deeds to earn out admission to Heaven which is a futile idea.
9. Maria is yet another ABC but could only communicate in English. She declared herself a Christian but was tested without 100% assurance of salvation. She was glad to have this clarified and asked me many other questions how to conduct a Christian life including if she should maintain ore even develop her friend circle with non-believers. Her mum gave her the idea that Christian should avoid making friends with non-believer which of course I do not agree. She was encourage to tune up her life for Christ to involve more in gospel outreach and to settle down in a church as her spiritual home for sustaining growth in spirituality. recommend back to church. Finally she showed her appreciation for our conversation and divine encounter by taking a selfie with me,
10. The last person I approached is a member of ICC by the name of Peggy Liu. I did not have chance to enter into diagnostic questions to test for her understanding of the gospel but trying to build connection through some mutual friends who are member of the ICC Church.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday April 20th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Praise and thank God we had Gary and Amy re-joining the Sunnybank team after the school holiday to form a three persons team. As usual, Gary set up Gospel sign to draw attention of pedestrians. Amy was good at chatting with young people while Hung mostly with the elderly today although it might not be a pattern. But today's experience led me to ponder the elderly people in the church are less equipped with very insufficient discipleship sort of teaching. They are full of weird thought and wrong teaching of the bible doctrine. The worse is, many of them are not yet saved without a clear understanding of the salvation by grace through faith in Christ and still considered good deeds are all we must care for rather than our mere faith in Christ. One good thing that can cheer us up was that, a group of Indian or middle East face people that Gary had approached at the far end of the bus station. After they finished their chat and walked past me when I was sharing gospel with Debbie, they gave us thumb up and laud praise by saying Hallelujah to the Lord as an affirmation and encouragement of our work for and with God. Recap is the battle log of Hung for today.
1. Mr Yu 余 from Hong Kong 港人 claiming himself and family are all Christians. But what shocked me was that he was proud to declare he does not believe that there is a God and deny the Creation account of the bible claiming it is a result of human ignorant of science and lazily attribute every thing to an unknown God. It really made me lost of word when he still claimed he is a Christian. I actually spent the longest time to try to answer all his self-contradicting theory. For example, he agreed that nothing will come from nothing. Everything must have a cause of its existence by creation. But then he rejects the world is created by God but a simply a kind natural existence happening by itself. He knows that Newton was a scientist but he does not know Newton was also a Theologian. And he rejected to accept the conclusion made by all top scientists including Einstein that when the material world failed to find the first cause of the universe, then it logically proved that the first cause is God who exists by Himself in trinity before time and beyond space. Anyway, I trust God let us chat to help me realize, a large group of nominal Christians are existing in the churches and proper teaching must be addressed to these ignorant group of people.
2. God gave me a break to chat with an easy going Kevin who is Vietnamese possibly of Buddhism background but appeared very open for discussion and showed acceptance of the logicality and rationality of Gospel. He was happy to take a tract to ponder on the issues and Gospel I shared.
3. Then I approached Debbie who said she had chatted with one of us before. I simply asked for permission to refresh her memory of what was shared and what she read from the tract and it proved that Debbie could get a fuller understand of the gospel and was just a last step of faith away from salvation by Christ.
4. The 2nd elderly Christian I chatted with was Mrs Yan 嚴姊妹from the EMP Church. She has no assurance of salvation and kept stressing that she will keep doing good things to earn assurance of salvation. I virtually shared the gospel all over from scratch to her but her mindset still got stuck at the non-biblical Chinese moral teaching of being a good person is the only thing a human can do to earn a ticket to heaven.
5. Tim and girlfriend appeared to be a very good listener of the gospel despite they said they had been approached by Amy. Later on I learned from Amy that they are from Mongolia Republic 外蒙, but not one province of China 內蒙. Actually, they are all Christians but it was a pity I got no time to test for their assurance of salvation.
6. Sharon a local Aussie lady that Amy mistaken as some one who had rejected her before. It actually was somebody else but Sharon was very open and receptive to the gospel message. She took a tract afterward indicating she will consider to accept Jesus.
7. The towards the end, I chatted with one of the Chinese students from 青島，天津，上海，I could identify with him my vast traveling experience in China to earn identification before sharing the gospel. Later I learn from Amy that some of them are already Christians as well.
Battle Log of Gary :
Spoke to another 'Christian' today who thought by being good is the way to heaven.
Alternatively and correctly - we only get to heaven by being forgiven.
The gospel is one of being given the gift of salvation - not working towards it or earning it.
It is only with the knowledge of being saved that out of it we have thankful heart's and will want to obey Him.
BTW. Please pray for this person - that they would truly be saved by Grace alone.
Romans 3:10 'As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one"
**We are deceiving ourselves if we believe that our salvation can be earned by adding to the blood of Christ**
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday April 13th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Because of School Holiday, both Gary and Amy Yao could not come because they both have children and family to look after. So, only Johnny and Hung teamed up as usual. The people flow is comparatively great here at the Sunnybank Bus station, it is both an advantage and disadvantage of open-air street outreach. As a result , we had numerous conversation but most of them were short being interrupted by the frequent arrival of bus. Yet, we still believe, God can make use of our steadfast outreach action faith to trigger continuous deliverance plan and process for all who have been elected by God for receiving His predestine blessings. Recap below are my Battle Log : -
1. A Vietnamese Chinese Diaspora man越南華僑 took initiative to greet me that led me to think that we had met before. Actually, it was not the case. I waited no time to share the gospel to him but still I failed to beat the quick arriving bus so I could only trust God and rely on the tract that I handed out to that man.
2. Filipino lady was a reluctant listener, but I still just manage to share with her the nutshell of the gospel.
3. Then I have an interesting conversation with a young fashionable man from mainland China by his post-modern hair dressing style. He is not yet a believers but was very open for discussion on religion. He actually appeared well versed in Bible story as such he had good interaction with me on the gospel and doctrine of salvation. Again out conversation cut short by the quick arriving bus. 中囯少年, 博學多聞,開放認同
4. A NZ young woman with Chinese look but is English speaking. She was very open to gospel but I could only manage to share the core message because of quick arriving bus.
5. Joseph a mature man from PNG. Actually, he is a fair dinkum Christian with 100% assurance of salvation. I found out later Johnny had several conversation with him before. He took a selfie with me in appreciation of what we are doing for the Lord.
6. I was able to catch up with another Chinese mature man but our conversation was cut short by the quick arriving bus.中國大叔可以聊
7. Then I chatted with two Singaporean QUT students both named Brian and Brian. They are non-believers but were both open for conversation on gospel. They both were convinced Christianity is the right way for all imperfect persons to be redeemed to reconcile with God.
8. Joe a fall-back Christian from Hong Kong who shared all the reasons while he does not attend church after coming to Australia first because of Uni study, then job commitment and finally marriage and care for family. He was with the Tsim Sha Tsui Chiu Zhou Life Church which should be a good denominational church with sound biblical teaching尖潮人生命堂生活學習疏離教會，yet his understanding of salvation is incomplete and has no assurance of salvation. But he was moved to reactivate his church life but a pity that I cannot leave him with my contact no.
9. Frank, an English speaking Malaysian man though a bit introvert but appeared quite open and receptive to the gospel.
10. I was rejected by a lady from Mainland China mistaken me as a sale person.中國不要推銷？
11. I caught up with a couple of brother and sister from Tianjin.天津.姊弟，願聊 the sister was more open for conversation. And the nutshell of gospel only was shared.
12. I caught up with another English speaking Malaysian lady from Ipoh馬華，we could only have a short causal chat but not yet have chance to share gospel with the quick arriving bu.
13. Roy a builder worker rejected me to share the gospel with him, but Spirit moved me to identify with him with the same political ideology as such I still can sneak in the gospel issue to prove that there is no perfect government and also no perfect citizens that eventually we all need redemption by Jesus.
14. Then I caught with Mr Chu from Nanjing. 朱南京聊天拿單張 We click because of my experience of visiting Nanjing in 1974 before China was open for free tourism. Again time was not enough so he just grab a tract and hope for a future reunion.
15. Julian is a fair dinkum Christian who listen to my sharing of the full Gospel and can answer my two diagnostic questions correctly.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday April 6th, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Today only Johnny and Hung teamed up to resume street outreach. Both Gary and Amy Yao were not available due to school holiday that they had to look after their kids. Despite with lesser manpower, God still bless the ministry in many ways. First, Sunnybank is by far the best environmentally sound venue sheltered by large tree with good shade from the scorching sun. Second, the human flow at the bus stop under the tree shade is constantly steady, as such both of us had incessant chance to approach people though of course with mixed result. In our mind, whether strict rejection, initial reluctance, half heartedly chat or fully open-minded conversation with good interaction, they are all divine encounter planned by God with long terms effect and God’s sovereign election for some to be moved and touched to receive Christ eventually. So, we simply just make our step of action faith to reach out people of all nations by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, with or without immediate results. It is more so, an important part of God’s training for those who are submissive to work with God to do His good work that may eventually lead to prominent growth in the spirituality of their lives. Recap below is the battle log of Hung : -
1. First approached an English lady who is a Christian and has 100 % assurance of salvation, yet running short to time to check the reason.
2. Second approach to a lady was declined.
3. Next approach to two good friends of which one is a Korean girl and the other is an Aussie girl. The both declared they are Christians and the Korean girl even confirmed she has 100% assurance of salvation but not because of Christ yet giving credit to their religious practice. What a big faulty teaching in salvation it is. Unfortunately, no time to clarify as their bus came.
4. Then encountered another unwilling Vietnamese who declined to chat but took a tract.
5. John and Robert are twin brothers still studying in high school. One managed to listen to my gospel sharing though half-heartedly while the one chose to stay away from the conversation. The one finished listening to my gospel sharing remain a polite manner to thanks for the conversation.
6. John a Korean migrant to Australia agreed good person should be able to go to heaven. Just only had time to clarify that nobody can unless one is perfect.
7. A Chinese young lady from Dong Kun 東莞, Fu Shan , China by the named of Shing 成女士initially declined to chat with the excuse that she is a Buddhist佛. I kept a friendship 友好building tactic to assert that all religion are good but only good at teaching people to be a good person yet failing to address the issue of sin. Finally also just have barely enough time to share the nutshell of Gospel.
8. Another Mainlander 大陸who was willing to have a chat but just barely enough for a nutshell of the gospel. 願聽.僅夠時間
9. Rejected by a Chinese male who simply walked away to avoid me. 中男拒絕
10. Then I met up with Mr Liao 廖 originally from Quandong 廣東，but migrated to PNG then to Australia for 30 years. He is a Catholic Christian天主教，not surprisingly he does not have assurance of salvation but the quick arriving bus deprived him an opportunity for a clarification.
11. Avoided by another Mainlander.中女士廻避
12. Approached a Chinese male with family of wife and daughter. His bus arrived right away but I still managed to pass him a tract which he delightfully accepted. 中男士一家三口拿單張
13. Another Filipino Catholic adult whose name is Christian, Yet again he does not have full assurance but just 80% certainty of Salvation. He attribute those 80% not to Christ but to his good religious practice which is utterly wrong. Just had time to rectify his concept wit ha conclusion.
14. Callie a tall young Aussie deemed that Good Person is a subjective definition and there is no objective answer if a good person can go to heaven. I build on his opinion to share the gospel that he found it sensible and logical.
15. Finally, I approached an Aussie lady who was opened for a chat, yet the bus came too quick to cut the conversation short.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Sunnybank on Wednesday March 23, 2022 from 1300 – 1500
Gary re-joined us today arriving early and started with me and Amy first and later joined by Johnny making a team of four for reaching out at the Bus Stop. Praise and thanks God blessing Amy with many conversations helping her to become more well versed in the skill as well as catching the moving of the Spirit to find the right words to respond to questions or even challenges from the gospel listeners. In the mean time, God also allowed some aggressive hecklers to disturb or even attacked and interfered our outreach work but gave us wisdom and perseverance heart to withstand those hardship and adversity. In general, both Johnny and Amy had some very good conversation leading to close conversion status. Recap below is my Battle Log:
1. Madam Lin a senior woman from Indonesia came visiting her daughter in Melbourne than her son in Wishart Brisbane. She claimed to be a Christian but she was diagnosed without assurance of salvation. I checked if she attended Steven Tong's Church in Jakarta, and she said no. That has explained why she is still not well versed in basic gospel and salvation doctrine. I took longer time to help her get a better understanding of the core gospel message. She showed great appreciation of my teaching help.
2. Then I approached a couples of boy and girl friends Isaac and Rebecca. They were not keen to chat, but my friendship first tactics had kept them from bluntly rejecting me but instead listening on till I shared with them the full gospel.
3. Next I approached two Chinese ladies from Mainland China. Only the one sitting next to me Miss Huang interacted with me though with some degree of reluctance. The other one was not paying full attention but God moved Amy to chat with her. I gave a brief rundown of the nutshell of the gospel to Miss Huang. But she responded that she only believes in Science. Then I gave her another rundown of the Creation Account, showing how it harmonize with all the natural law created by God. before the bus came.
4. Then we caught up with Christian sister madam Li, 李姊妹 a member of the Logos Brisbane Church and BCCMA Choir members. Amy had a chat with her about her friend circle. I basically concern more about her assurance of Salvation.
5. I approached another Indian girl but she was not at all welcoming for the chat. But I still apply the friendship first tactic to keep the conversation alive till I finish the nutshell of the Gospel just in time before she met up with here friend.
6. Florence is a Singaporean Aussie with Chinese look but speaks only English. Initially she appear very skeptical to have conversation with a stranger, but my friendship first tactic sharing my life journey earned her interest and attention that led to eventual sharing of the gospel. However, I found out that she is already a Christian, but as usual, she does not have assurance of salvation which I managed to gave her a full clarification.
7. Finally I followed up on a Chinese from Guangzhou 廣州 that Gary handed him a Chinese tract. I accidentally pick up his accent as a Cantonese speaking person. So I quickly share him the nutshell of gospel before the bus came very fast.
It was encouraging to see Amy settling well with street outreach that she once felt hesitant to join. She now even introduced her friend to come along to have a taste of working with God through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Pray that it will bring a renewed understanding of God's Great Commission in a contemporary context of new mission land scape ""From Everywhere to Every where"that every lay Christian can have a go to reach out to people of all nations that God has already brought to our door step living with us in the same community. And we have an advantage of not needing to learn their language, but rather they have to integrate into the new host country by learning the local language there, which in Australia case, is English.
While doing God's works under the call of Great Commission, we do not just spread the gospel to the end of the world meaning reaching out to each and every least reached people groups, we ourself in the meantime will be polish and nurture to grow in spirituality toward maturity and ultimately perfection as promised by God per Eph 4:10 making us a masterpiece of God's own workmanship. In the process, we will be made the light and salt of the world that is the motto of Operation 513 referring to Matt 5:13-15. May more people be drawn to grow this Christian outreach army.