Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 24th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
The weather has been volatile and unstable lately, with intermittent drifting to light rain and sunny period. But the ground has not been fully dried out especially on the church ground of our 3 acres premises. It created concerns if it will be dry enough for our 25th Anniversary on June 5th that our guests would have a safe parking environment apart from the concrete car park. Despite of all these anxieties, God still moves me to team up with Johnny and Winnie to do our regular Street outreach at Toowong on Tuesday. Winnie has been such a committed maid of God that despite she got tested positive last week, she re-joined us as soon as she was tested negative yesterday. Everything went well as normal with all of us having enough chances for a chat but meantime still many rejections that God might possibly use it to increase our ability to withstand adverse situation with our faith and trust in God undeterred. Today, God led me to chat with many people who had prior experience of chatting with one of us, at least once and possibly more times. Yet their understanding of the gospel is never complete and perfect. Thus, it is necessary for God to lead us to do revision chatting with some of those people who have a willing heart to listen time and again. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie: -
1) A Girl from China by the name of Zhu 朱, claimed that she had heard 已聽 the gospel but when asked what did she learn from the tract as well as the last conversation，she could not recall a thing. So she cannot but let me shared again the gospel 再聽. Pray that God will make use of all the past and today gospel preaching occasions to draw Miss Zhu a step closer to her eternal salvation.
2) Then I approach another person by the name of Huang 黃 actually from Quandong 廣東. He also had got our tract and heard the gospel once. With the previous experience, I simply shared the gospel once again but of course with many life analogy examples which Mr Huang found it interesting to learn. 有趣. Pray also for the seed of Gospel will one day grow bud and bear fruit in His time.
3) Then God led me to approach an UQ student in the dark green uniform of the Operational Therapist department. She is a delightful girl and open to gospel. It was a pity that her bus came a bit too early before I finished the gospel sharing.
4) The Spirit then led me to approach another UQ fresh year student from Indonesia. Despite of her Muslim background, the Spirit moved her to listen attentively to the Gospel message which she also acknowledged that they are all logical and sensible. Pray for the following up work of the Holy Spirit in His time.
5) A young man playing game as such rejected my approach.
6) Andorra yet another UQ lady student, yet time was not enough for me to complete the full Gospel yet a tract was taken.
7) A young guy by the name of Huang黃, from Tianjin 天津 who came at young age as such he could not speak Chinese fluently as if he is a half ABC. Thus he was brought up in western culture as such he is more open to religious chat. I barely finished the full Gospel and a tract was given to him. Pray that it all will become useful for his ultimate conversion to Christ.
8 ) Finally God led me to an Indian by the name of Douhua. He of course is a Hinduism follower. But God let me to have unrestricted time to share the full Gospel. He knew about William Carrey and has many Christian friends, so I added myself into his friend list that I will be another Christian friend of Douhua. He gladly acknowledged this spiritual relationship I intentionally tried to build up with people who are pursuing for God.
Battle Log of Winnie:
我在上週六禱告 神！告知 神，不幸感染病毒，祈求 神憐憫醫治及指示我前面的路，今天是否可以上 Toowong 傳福音，如果可以，就讓我 negative。昨晚我測示到陰性，表示 神悦纳我今天可以上 Brisbane了。我只是有些喉痛，可能近日吃 Toast 太多，經過昨天，飲花萁參與甘草水後，今天已经痊愈了。感謝 神的憐悯醫治。
1. 澳洲青年，Ben。當我講完福音以及提示，如果我們每天犯一次罪，一年便犯了365 個罪。但是悔改信靠主耶穌，十年架的救赎。我們的罪便得赦免，有永生的盼望。他聽後，説，會認真的想想。
2. 印尼少女，Betty。佛教徒。我講及什麽宗教都是道人向善，但是它的佛象是人手做的。基督信仰是三一神，聖父，聖子及聖靈。天地萬物都是 神所創造的。這是恩典，免费禮物。願意悔改，信靠主耶稣基督者，罪得赦免，得永生的盼望。
7. 南美女士，Khloe，穆斯林。與她的孩子，她坐着手推車上。我講述三一神，耶穌基督也是 神。祂為我們的罪死在十字架上，只要我們信靠祂，罪得赦免。得永生的盼望。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 17th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
As usual, Johnny, Winnie and Hung teamed up to served at Tooowng. The weather was fine and the general response was normal meaning rejection and willingness to listen to Gospel is half half. For me, I met several Christians. To my surprised, majority have full assurance of salvation but still happy to get on with sharing for reinforcing their full understanding of God's three fold salvation. It was also the first time I forgot to bring my own iphone, as such I had to rely on Johnny and Winnie to take pictures for the team. Recap below are the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie:
1) Samuel , a Christian from an Indian Christian Family. His answer to the two diagnosis questions was OK but not perfect. He admitted he should have 100% of assurance of salvation because of simply the redemptive work of Jesus not counting any of our own merit of good deeds, But his seemingly perfect answer was marred by his supplementary remarks that he will endeavor to become a better if not perfect Christian so as to add weight or extra assurance of his salvation. Then clearly his original claim of 100% assurance of salvation is not exactly 100%. What he lacked is the full picture of God's three fold deliverance as per 2 Cor 1:10. Anyway he thanked and appreciated my explanation on this important Christian issue.
2) Then I chatted with Johnny a Christian from Malaysia. His Chinese was limited as such we resorted to chat in English. And to my surprise, he has the best perfect understanding of the gospel and full assurance of salvation. I queried him to have the self awareness that he is still not perfect even becoming a born again Christian, will this diminish his assurance down a few point from 100%. His answer was spot on, his assurance of salvation will not wavier but remain the same at the time he received Christ. So I gave thanks to God for Johnny who has perfect insight on the three fold deliverance as per 2 Cor 1:10.
3) Then I approached an Indian middle age man. He showed me a cold shoulder then I recognized he was the one half a year ago used violence to rob the Good Person Flip Chart and made an ugly scene. Thanks God he did not erupt to day only coldly stopped me to share further the gospel to him. I thanked him anyway for the patience to be bothered by me.
4) Then I was completely neglected by another Asian look young lady with tattoo on her arm. She did not reject and stopped me or asked me to leave. Yet just treated me as transparent air. I of course thanked her to let me bother her for that short while and leave her alone.
5) Then God led me to Chat with a young lady from Singapore who is a non-believer, yet she was opened and happy to listen to the gospel attentively with good and positive response. The bus arrived when I was about to finish and she grasped a tract to make sure she has the full message.
6) Then I met a third Christian from Thailand. He again surprised me with the same perfect articulations of his 100% assurance of salvation. I must give credit to the Missionary who brought the Gospel to him in Thailand. I asked if he is attending church here and he said no. Then I advised him better find a spiritual home , may it be a local church or at least a Christian fellowship group like Power to Change.
7) Finally I had a long chat with Logland , a local Aussie. He is a non-believer but was open to listen to the full Gospel. He was interested to the message and promised to read the tract and ponder further on this good news.
感謝主的保守和带領，雖然週日，粤語堂和華語堂 都有一姊妹患有Covid-19，經過我測試後，是陰性。所以我放心今天上 Toowong 傳福音。懇求主繼續保守我，免受病毒感染。還有教會兩位姊妹，希望她們早日康复。阿們！感謝讚美主！
2. 兩位中國青年，Justin & Ryan。當我講完福音，他們説會想想基督信仰。
3. 兩位中國少女，Kim & Rebecca。Kim 是基督徒，她不太明白救恩及真理。所以我從新講述福音及見證给她們聽。她們説會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
5. 香港少女，May。她説曾经收過我們的單張。我從新講述福音及見證给她聽。我又説我們不知道明天将會發生什麽事？但是信了主，不用懼怕，可以完全交托给主來安排。看她有感動，我再講及 神的大能。最后她説會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
6. 澳洲少女，Jessica。曾经聽過很多不同的宗教。我對她説，很多宗教都是教人向善，而他們的佛象都是人手造的。基督信仰是三一神，聖父，聖子及聖靈。天地萬物都是神所創造的。跟着我講及亞當和夏娃因不聽上帝的説話，被趕出樂園。罪就開始，一代代傳留至今 。之后我講述福音及見證 神的大能。她聽後，説，會想清楚基督的信仰。
8. 非洲青年，Frank。在日本出生。我講完福音後，看他似乎不願信主，但當我再講 神的大能見證後，他説，會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
9. 澳洲青年及澳洲出生的中國少女，Jerry & Betty。當我講完福音及見證後，巴士到達。
10. 印尼來的穆斯林青年，Jeff。我講及基督信仰是三一神，耶稣基督也是 神。以及我最近的見證，神的大能。
11. 看似香港少女與 Johnny 談話。我以为 Johnny 不懂廣東话，所以她離開。後來我和她倾談，知道她是從韓國來的。她不願意聽福音，所以我講了幾句重要的福音给她聽，我便離開。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 10th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Today forecast was originally 95% with rain, but by grace we still had a good and dried period for our street ministry. Again Johnny, Winnie and Hung teamed up to serve. Winnie was not well on Sunday but thanks God that she had recovered good enough for today ministry without the threat of catching cold again if there was rain as forecasted.
The general responses were not good, all of us faced many rejections. But again, by grace of the Lord, the Holy Spirit did work to turn around the hearts of several initially stone hearts persons to end up listening to the full gospel and even engaging into meaningful Q & A about the Christian faith and Bible difficult passage. Meantime, God also used our outreach platform to minister to practical needs of an UQ students having suffered from the flood with lingering aftermath. God is good and Good is gracious to those who love Him. Recap below are the Battle Logs of Hung and Winnie:
1. Approached a Lady with the Gospel half Preached when her bus arrived.
2. Approached a Taiwanese couples, yet they showed great reluctance even to have a casual chat and the bus also arrived very quickly ending our conversation.
3. Approached an Aussie girl who listened but not really receptive and refused to take the tract and even not willing to tell me her name. Nevertheless the full gospel was shared.
4. Two English speaking boys also declined my approach for a chat, had to give up after a second trial.
5. Approached Jesse and another girl who left to answer a phone. So only Jesse was left for the gospel and she showed willingness to listen to the full gospel with good sign of receptiveness.
6. Then I approached Ellen a Malaysian Indian who initially refused the invitation to chat by Johnny. The Spirit moved me to have a go though she still showed initial reluctant to chat but the Spirit moved both me to stay and her to soften her stand and ending up letting me to have shared the full gospel to her. She is of Muslim background, but she at the end still found the gospel rational and logical to comprehend.
7. Approached an Indian mum and his adolescence son. The son took my tract and seemed willing to listen. But the mum rejected especially their bus came at this time.
8. Finally approached Harsh an Indian lady. Again, she showed initial reluctance to chat but finally I finished sharing her the full gospel.
Battle Log of Winnie:
10/5/22 ，Toowong 。
感謝 神！今天天陰，但没有下雨。很多人都不願意聽福音，站立到遠遠來等巴士。在我未分享在Toowong 傳福音之前，我想要分享在三日前的一見證 神的大能。
在週六早上起來，很精神，行動自如。于是禱告，唱詩歌讚美 神及閲讀聖經。跟着吃早餐，及練習週日教會須要唱的詩歌。週三南港福音堂邀请我週日去助唱，我知道母親節，黄金教會下午不须要練習，所以我也藉此機會來探望他們，因为很久没有到他們的教會。當我練習完詩歌，起來準備做運動的時候，站不起來。背后腰部非常痛，行路都要彎着身子。于是取藥膏來塗，及吃止痛药。坐下懇切的禱告，求 神憐憫醫治，及饒恕我隱而未現的過錯。週日可以讓我出席侍奉。整日我不停的塗藥膏，及按時吃止痛药。週日早上起來，還有少許痛。我照往時一樣，靈修後，吃早餐。當我塗藥膏及吃止痛药後，我便回教會。當我在教會侍奉，行路的時候，完全没有痛楚，可以企直，正常人一様。下午又回去南港侍奉。感謝 神！真的是今天不知道明天将如何！我們的衣食住行，完全在 神的手中。感謝讚美主！
1. 香港少女，UQ 學生，胡嘉希。當她聽完我講的福音及三日前我的見證，她願意悔改，信靠主，找教會尋求更多真理。
2. 香港青年，UQ 學生，Sirus。當他聽完我講的福音及見證。他也是願意悔改，信靠主。他知道 St. Louise 有一間基督教會。相信是陳佳德牧師那間。他説會去教會尋求更多真理。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday May 3rd, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Today Johnny re-joined us after his combined mission trip to Tasmania & Holiday break in Sydney both with his wife Mary. He shared a bit more about his mission outreach at Launceston and Burnie for mixed same culture evangelism and cross culture outreach of which the latter is still a remote concept of most Chinese Churches. I was a good afternoon for outreach with some long and meaning conversations by some of our team mates conveying both the truth of the gospel and the cares for the emotional and spiritual need of the gospel target. Winnie had an over half an hour chat with a sad local Aussie lady whose husband is very sick and is being hospitalized for possibly his last journey of his earthly life. Winnie comfort the lady and encouraged her to seek peace and joy from the Lord Jesus Christ. As for me, I had a comparatively busy day having more short but significant conversations as recap below: -
1. An UQ girl from Jiangsu, 江蘇China was happy to affiliate with me because of my rare and precious traveling experience to her home town in 1974. She was opened to listen to the gospel sharing but it was cut short by the bus so just pray that the tract will serve the seed sowing purpose.
2. Then I caught up with Mark reeves about his well being during the flooding saga few weeks ago. He thanked God for protection and provision and is now back to normal with a relaxed mood to go hiking last week ends. He has been our back-to-back prayer supporter for our Toowong Ministry.
3. A Chinese face Filipino just pretended he did not hear my voice in order to avoid me. At the end, he was successful to avoid all of out despite I asked Winnie to have a go but she could not make it. So, It is all by the Grace and Will of God.
4. Next, I approached a student from Chin. He was brain washed to refuse learning anything apart from his Uni Course. I still managed to share him the nutshell of the Gospel. 中囯生.被洗腦只關注學業，仍有分享
5. Then I caught up with Rebecca a local Aussie girl. Shew is a non-believer but she was very opened and very receptive to the gospel message shared. I even had time to share my life testimony once helping out Sichuan earth quake disaster Relief that even such good works won’t earn me any merit for heaven, which was only by grace through faith in Jesus self-sacrificing acts dying n the cross for us all the sinners.
6. A Chinese girl passively received the tract and heard the nutshell of the gospel.
7. An Aussie boy just had time to take a tract with a concluding alert message that being a good person still is not good enough to earn us the admission to heaven.
8. An Aussie girl called Asiah who was a good listener and was very receptive to the Gospel message.
9. Then God led me to have a long conversation with a young man by the name of Chiang蔣 from China中國，he admitted he has heard the gospel before but still not impressed enough to pursue. 曾經聴，今天更全面了解But after my comprehensive Gospel sharing encompassing the three fold salvation , he felt the vague concept had all been explained and clarified so he admitted he is in a better position to make his last step of faith accepting Jesus at his personal quiet time.
10. Seemed to be a Chinese girl not good at English still I managed to share her the nutshells of the Gospel.
11. Finally, A 君阿俊 Ah Jin from Quangxi廣西, also listened to the full gospel message and rational mindedly, he found the gospel sensible and logical but still not fully moved yet to accept Jesus.
Battle log of Winnie:
1. 中國青年，Roy & Steve。他們初時不想聽，不信任何宗教。我説，無論你們有否宗教信仰，死後都有審判。Steve 想聽聽。我便詳细講述福音给他們。他們聽後，Steve 願意信靠主，找教會。Roy 须要時間想清楚。
2. 中國少女，Amy。没有興趣聽福音。我説，每人都有一死，死後會有審判。我問她 為何亞洲地方很多靈異出没？她想知道，于是我詳细講述福音给她，及説，耶稣基督在天家預備很多地方给基督徒。如果你信了主，當我們死後，便可以在那裏得安息，永遠與主一起。她聽後，她説會想清楚基督的信仰。
3. 馬來西亞青年 Tai。天主教背景的基督徒，解释救恩。
4. 中國青年 Peter，當我講完福音给他，他説會想清楚基督的信仰。
6. 中國少女，在等巴士的時候，忙于温習功課。我也不想打擾她，所以我给她單張及講了幾句重要的福音便離開。我説， 神爱世人，甚至將祂的獨生子賜给我們。叫一切信祂的，不至滅亡，反得永生。约3:16。
7. 澳洲女士，Sandra。我見她查看巴士時間，回來坐位時，行動不穩定。我問她是否非常疲倦。她説是的。因为忙于探望她的丈夫（Rob)，及預備他的飲食。他现在非常疲弱。我問她信了主嗎？她説小時有到主日學，因为看到親戚朋友一個，一個的去世，她便離開主。我解释给她，他們離開世上，一早已有 神的安排，可能這樣會比较適合他們。我們不知道 神的計劃，我問她願意我為Rob 及妳禱告嗎？她説非常好。我為他們禱告後，我説首先要 Rob 信主，無論他前面的路怎様，我現在有牧師在這裏，可以安排他到醫院為他洗禮。她説Rob现在不想見其他人。我説你盡量勸他。我説願意悔改信主受洗，便可以上天家。你願意信主嗎？我問她，她説願意。我説夫妻信主後，將來便可以在天家見面。巴士來到，我説，每週二下午1:30，我都會來這裏傳福音，你們決定怎樣，到時通知我。願 神祝福妳！
8. 香港少女 Vicky & Clare。我與她們閒談一會便引入福音，她們很尊心聽我講的福音，可惜講完，巴士到達。她們趕着上巴士，不能問及她們是否願意信靠主。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 26th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Johnny is still out of town after his Tasmania Mission trip. Only Winnie and Hung turned up as a team. We pray particularly for protection from undue interruption by unfriendly and prejudiced persons. And thanks God we had a very smooth and fruitful afternoon. God led me to catch up with willing hearts to listen to the gospel as such most conversations I had as a divine appointment lasted quite long for a full Gospel sharing as recap below: -
NB Please pray for my day surgery Bladder Biopsy operation tomorrow at Sunnybank Private Hospital. So I will skip Sunnybank street ministry for one day on April 27, 2022.
1. I caught up with two Asian looking girls of whom one just left shortly after the chat began for phone call. The other Korean girl, remained interested to engage in interactive conversations, allowing me to present to her the full gospel showing genuine interest and appeared quite moved to pursue. I introduced her to Power to Change.
2. Heidi is a Muslim Malaysian UQ student. She was very open to sharing of Jesus and appeared receptive to the gospel.
3. Iftakhar is from a Islamic family in Bangladesh. Like Heidi, I stressed that all religions are good but only good at teaching people to be a good person yet providing no solution on the punishment of sins. He showed positive consent to the logic and effectiveness of redemptive grace by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Again, I encourage them to pursue God by joining Power to Change in the UQ campus. He was very appreciative for my message and was more than happy to take a selfie with me to commemorate this divine encounter.
4. Peter is a local Aussie elderly man who has heard the gospel before but has not yet made the last step of faith to receive Christ. But today, despite of his vulnerable health situation, he appeared taking the gospel message all in and showed positive sign to make his last step of faith. He therefore was more than happy to take a selfie with me to commemorate this divine encounter.
5. After consecutive success in preaching the Gospel, God still led me to approach a die-hard guy who politely turn me down for a chat. I however still managed to share the nutshell of Gospel to him quickly and leave him with God.
6. Finally, I caught up with an Indonesia UQ student of Muslim background. However, he was also open to gospel conversation and show interests to look for joining “Power to Change” to pursue God.
Battle log of Winnie:
1. 新加坡少女 Ruby，當我給她單張，她説是基督徒，不願接受單張。我測試她的救恩，她不能回答。我問她為何每年都有復活節，她不想答。她叫我傳福音给其他人。所以，她是否真正的基督徒呢？我講了幾句重要的福音便離開。
2. 兩位中國來的青年，Roy & Ken。他們是第一次聽福音。當他們聽完福音後，願意認真的想清楚基督的信仰。
3. 印尼女士 Liane 和一男孩。她是穆斯林，我講及基督教的信仰是三一神，聖父，聖子，聖靈，及福音。我给她單張看看，甚麽是罪。當她聽完我講的福音，她説會想想基督的信仰。
4. 中國少女 Jessica，曾經跟朋友到過教會，我詳细講述福音给她。她説會想清楚基督的信仰。
5. 青年男士 Billy，無神論者，不願意聽福音。所以我講了幾句重要的福音便離開。
6. 兩位中國少女，Cathy & May。當她們聽完福音後，Cathy 願意找教會，尋求更多真理。但是May 説，站時不想任何宗教。
7. 日本少女 Trish，當她聽完福音後，她願意悔改信靠主耶穌基督，找教會尋求更多真理。而且很高興聽到我講基督的訊息。感謝主！
9. 中國青年 Eric，當我講完福音给他，巴士到達。
10. 馬來西亞青年，Jack，穆斯林。我講及基督信仰，是三一神。耶稣基督也是 神。當他聽完我講的福音，他説會想想基督的信仰。
感謝 神的带领。願今天所有聽到福音人仕，都願意悔改 信靠主耶穌基督，成為他們的救世主。奉主名求。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 19th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Praise and thank God Winnie and Hung started without Johnny who is now on mission trip to Launceston in Tasmania at Toowong and was joined by Kiateck Tan later to form a team of three to do street outreach. Despite it is already mid- Autumn, the afternoon sun was still scorching hot that people at the bus stop tended to hid behind the shade of the Bus Stop. There was less people flow as it was a holiday break for UQ, but we still managed to get as many conversation as God matched us up as His divine encounter. Thank God that I only encountered a couple of rejections with all the rest leading to a fruitful conversation as recap below: -
1. After a couple of rejections, God led me to approach a 2nd year UQ student from Indonesia, I was managed to share the nutshell of the Gospel to him before the bus came and gave him a tract to read to supplement what I shared.
2. Then I approached a Pacific Islander ABC of Chinese descendent. He was polite and expressed no need to hear. But I still managed to use a friendly manner to pass on the gospel message until the bus came.
3. Steven a tall Aussie young man. He is a non-believer and not sure if he can go to heaven. I could manage to affirm him that no one can go to Heaven unless you are perfect.
4. Bradley another local Aussie young UQ students, I was able to share the full gospel plus my testimony. He seemingly was impressed to really ponder to receive Christ. I referred him to Power to Change if he wanted to pursue God.
5. Ben was another UQ students from England at the age of 6 year. He admitted this was the first time he heard about the gospel and he was very receptive and ready to receive Christ.
6. Then I chatted with a Poland lady Catalina. We found the come topic of who are bad and as listed on the tract plus Putin who are widely regarded as a War Criminal and those helping out Ukraine including Poland as the number one supportive country to help out Ukraine in their self-defensive military action. It led into the topic if being a good person like the Ukrainian and Poland people can go to heaven. She found the conclusion very interesting but no more time to continue with the conversation except taking a tract to read at home.
7. Finally, I shared with a young couple from Malaysia who are bilingual. Eventually I chose to share them the full gospel in English and managed to finish it before the bus came.
Battle Log of Winnie: 19/4/22 Toowong
感謝 神今天的帶領，讓我遇上11 人傳講福音及解释救恩的機會。
第九位中國來的 UQ 學生，Peter。當他聽完福音後，他説會認真的想清楚基督信仰。
感謝 神的帶領，願今天聽到福音人士，明白主的愛，悔改回轉歸向 神。奉主名求。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 5th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
Today we started with three regular team mates Johnny, Winnie and Hung but Winnie suddenly had developed acute stomach pain and bad tummy movement as such she had to withdraw to the toilet and eventually quitted earlier though still managing to share Gospel to a couple of person both at the bus stop and later back inside the Toowong Shopping centre. Johnny and Hung remained at the bus station but facing unusually higher ratio of rejection. Praise and thanks God that we all took them in as part of the training to not be discouraged by external factors but steadfastly holding on to share the gospel to anyone as long as they don’t tum their back on us. As a result, I still managed to have many conversations as recap below:-
1. Sophie a non-religious person but still appeared receptive to the gospel message.
2. Bearman left to avoid me.
3. A Filipino girl trying to push me away, but with my persistence to make friendly chat to disarm her defense system, I still could manage to share her the nutshell of the gospel.
4. Lilian another Filipino but a cross breed with Aussie father, appeared a more open-minded person who was willing to listen and interact.
5. David an ABC with parents from mainland China who is doing pharmacy appeared as an open-minded person as well and have good interaction on the gospel issue.
6. Parley , an India Hindu lady who initially rejected to chat but did soften down to have a causal chat that led back to the gospel before the bus arrived.
7. Liliana a Christian girl of the Seven Day Adventist who failed to have 100% assurance of salvation. I only have time to correct her idea pointing her to the efficacy of Jesus’ work dying on the cross for us all , the sinner that we are given back our heavenly citizenship 100% the moment we receive Christ as our saviour.
8. Grace a nice girl who appeared friendly and opened to the gospel.
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 5th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
It was school holiday period, Kiateck could not join us as he needed to mind his daughter at home. So just the regular team of three Johnny , Winnie and Hung turned up for the regular Tuesday outreach after a break last week because of suspected Covic-19 close contact and heavy rain. Today it was all great sunshine and scorching heat in high noon, but our passion to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ was equally heated. All of us have almost non-stop conversation though many of them were short and interrupted pre-maturely by the quick arrival of bus. Nevertheless, we still trusted in God that all divine encounter whether long or short, gospel shared full or partial, the work of the Holy Spirit will keep pursuing and nurturing all seeds of gospel to bear fruit at the most opportune time as Will by God. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie respectively.
Hung’s Battle log
1. Michael 2nd year UQ student from England, open to the gospel and respond positively.
2. Matt was a local Aussie but not a student. Yet he was a willing listener and appeared receptive to the gospel.
3. Jack, a Postgraduate of UQ and another willing listener with my testimony being shared first about my good work of joining the Sichuan earth quake disaster relief in 2008 as a student of Master of Counselling. It led up to the conclusion that even with good work like me, I could not earn salvation as the good deed can never be able to off set sin in my heart and my life,
4. Old Aussie Christian lady with 99% assurance of faith to go to heaven. So unfortunately, she still fell short of full understanding of the redemptive grace of Jesus that have 100% atonement power to deliver us form eternal death punishment. Just a pity no time to clarify her wrong concept.
5. Noel a Chinese UQ student but was English speaking who claimed to have chatted with us before and took the tract. Before I can test his feedback after reading the tract, the arriving bus again cut short our conversation.
6. An English-speaking Chinese girl appeared too arrogant to listen. I nevertheless still finish sharing the full gospel to her.
7. An Indonesia young lady who came in 2020 was open for a chat. It seemed that God has moved many Indonesians to pursue Christ in the campus. So this lady was very receptive to the Gospel.
8. Sam a UQ student from Canada who was receptive to the gospel.
9. Arnold from China but received Christ here in Brisbane now attending the hope church. Upon testing of his faith, he only has 80% assurance of salvation for heaven. Quick clarification was done before the bus came.
Battle log of Winnie
2. 兩位澳洲少女，Lily & Jane，相片中。當我講完福音及見證後，她們願意悔改，信靠耶稣基督。找教會尋求更多真理。
9. 中國少女，Anne。初時不願意聽，我和她閒談大學生活，跟着帶入福音以及講及我生命被 神的改變。她很留心聽，直到巴士來到。她説會看單張及想清楚基督的信仰。
10. 澳洲青年男女，Shane & Brave，基督徒。
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday March 22, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
It seemed to be yet another day of outreach at Toowong, with again only the three regular team members of Johnny, Winnie and Hung. But God worked in mysterious way that each time, the people we met and can have a chat are all divine appointments by God through the Holy Spirit. Some are smooth sailing while some are hard yard facing initial rejection but mission power always take place to turn around the situation allowing Gospel to be shared with ultimate results in God's Good Hands. All we need to do are to faithfully submit to the guidance of the Spirit to work with God with total dedication and commitment of our all. It is more so an important narrow path for obedient Christians to grow in grace and in knowledge of God in our life long Christian Walk.
Recap below are the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie as usual: -
1. An Indian girl from Singapore rejected Winnie, but God led me to have a chat with her in a softer way by sharing with her my own testimony. It turned out that she responded very positively to the Gospel admitting Jesus is the only way to take our place to receive punishment of our sin.
2. Then another young man from Shanghai reject Johnny but still I was moved to approach him using friendship chat to break the ice. I use my only testimony that even as a Sichuan 2008 earth quake disaster relief volunteer, contributing my effort to help out needy person to have peace after the traumatic experience, I am still just a good person but not a perfect one that can be right with God for heaven. I still need Jesus and that was the message I have been preaching in China and up till nowadays on the street of Australia. He was impressed and took a tract to read and ponder on his own situation.
3. Richard was a person of "faith" but seemingly not of orthodox Christian faith. Yet, I managed to spirituality clicked with him first to gain the trust to share the gospel message that he initially thought he had no need to listen.
4. Then I approached Trever who was very willing to have a chat on faith with me. Yet we were interrupted by a very aggressive Aussie lady who threated to call the Security and later the Police. So with such disturbance, our chat was cut short. But Trever still thanked and show appreciation for our effort to share the message we thought is important for everyone to listen.
5. Ormat a French Catholic PhD student of UQ was delighted to chat with me with an opened mind, humble and friendly manner. Despite his Catholic background, he is very receptive to the orthodox Christian Gospel message admitting we are all imperfect sinners and every one need Jesus.
6. An Aussie girl of new age background who does not believe in trinity yet still heard the gospel. She likes many atheist or Sect, who do not accept Jesus is God or taking him just a lesser god , questioned about the efficacy of Jesus work on the Cross. So obviously here mind is still blinded by the evil spirit as such she could not receive the revelation by the Holy Spirit. Nevertheless, Gospel was once more time shared with her as seed sowing though still on a hard ground.
Battle log of Winnie
3. 澳洲少女，Jessica & Lara。Jessica 是基督徒，明白救恩。Lara 説是聽過耶穌名字。我從新講解福音给她。講完，巴士到達。
5. 三位中國少女。Amy，May & Anne。當我講完福音，巴士來到。
感謝 神的帶領，願今天所有聽到福音人仕，悔改，回轉歸向 神。阿們！感謝讚美主！
Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday March 15, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
We praise and thanks God for moving Rev Kiateck Tan to join Johnny, Winnie and Hung today despite his three BST interns did not turn up again for this street outreach. There is always need for more labor to serve on the harvest field.
As a result of the beginning of a new term of UQ, we saw heap of people lining up in long queue for the bus. If the bus had not come that frequent and stopped only for a short time to take up queuing passengers, we could have too overwhelming number of people that we cannot handle. But God is good, the four of us were able to manage to pick up just enough people to share the gospel. God also sent a couple very serious Muslim with apologetic mindset to engage in great debate with first Johnny and later joined by me. They actually were trained to pick on Christians to challenge their faith. All we can do is to stand our ground and use the orthodox version of Bible to debate with the Muslims who are skilled at using out of context quotation and sometime even twisted facts to reject the trinity and deny Jesus as the Son of God.
Actually Kiateck had also approached some lay Muslims that they were more opened minded and less argumentative.
Recap anyway is the Battle Log of Hung followed by Winnie: 0
1. I had the longest chat with Chan陳 a HonKonger who is in his 2nd year of Uni with UQ. He initially told me he once was but no longer now as a Christian. But after clarification, his parents are church going people 香港父母是上教會的基督徒both in Hong Kong and now here in Australia. And he has never been a Christian but simply just went to church with his parent in HK, 自己不是，曾隨家人上教會but no more perhaps with the excuse of concentrating on Uni study現已離開教會. Despite of this near atheist background, he appeared to have piece mill knowledge of the Bible thru his past Sunday School learning. But God obviously has touched his heart and opened up his mind to find light shedding truth about the deteriorating nature of human beyond redemption by our good deeds and see the need for Jesus redemptive grace to take our place to receive the punishment of sim originally due on us. He was delighted to know he could be God people right away by accepting Jesus as his Saviour and Lord of his life. Therefore is very close to conversion, 接近信主 as such he was happy to take a selfie with me as a memory of this divine encounter that possibly might have led him to Christ in no time.一.
2. The 2nd person I approached pretend he does not speak Chinese假裝非華人.But I then shared with him in English that he cannot reject, 但仍勉強聽 so reluctantly he had to listen to my sharing of the gospel in full and took a tract at the end.
3. I then took over from Johnny to do apologetic debate with a learned Muslim, Mohammad. He is very argumentative and was trained to twisted Bible facts to misled green and lay Christens who are not well verse in the Bible. For instance, he said Mary is never married and had no husband. Even the Catholic dared not claim Mary has no husband but simply claimed she has never had sex with Joseph her husband after giving birth to Jesus. So, his way of apologetic was very rough and easy to tackle and clarified. It was a pity the bus came and I invited him to look for us next week to continue with a apologetic exchange.
4. Then I approached two Chinese students one appeared very cautious and skeptical but still listened. The other was more opened and listened with a receptive heart. So the seed of Gospel was sown on different ground and up to God to reap the fruit.
5. Then I caught up with Ellen a modern urban girl look like us the HongKonger, but she is actually from mainland China Jiang Xi Nan Chong. 山西南昌. When I knew she is a year 2 UQ students so I asked had you been able to go home during vacation and the answer is no. Because of pandemic, all Chinese students got stuck here so most of them have home sick. I show my empathy and gained her trust for a very smooth full gospel sharing which has impressed her very much as she can see the ugly side of human nature especially what is happening in China the Communist regime. Pray that the Spirit will move her just a step from her final salvation.
6. Myer a Nepalese UQ students. She was originally very rejective and firmly declined my approach for any chat about Christianity. I nevertheless identified with her that ever since the earthquake taking place ten odd year ago, Christianity has gained significant ground through first charity and disaster relief work. Unknowingly, the Spirit put off her fire of antagonism and listened submissively all I have to share with her about the nutshell of the gospel. Though at the end she still reject taking the tract, but the seed of Gospel has obviously been sown.
7. My last personal approach to a girl from Suzhou was very promising as I can identify with her as a rare visitor of her home town even before she was born. Yet the Bus came and all I can leave with her was the tract. 蘇州女沒時間
8. Last but not the least, I joined Johnny to have very vibrant doctrinal debate with another Muslim who is a father of a young kids. It was weird to have loud conversation when his child was asleep in the pram. This person was even more well learned in the Muslim version of the OT bible raging fierce debate to reject trinity and the divinity of Jesus. It was a pity we already ran out of time and had to leave, I anyway stay till the last minutes and also invite him to come back next week for more apologetic exchange.
Battle Log of Winnie on 15/3/22 at Toowong
1. 中國來的 UQ 男學生，Jeremiah。
2. 中國來的 UQ 女學生，Jessica。
3. 兩位澳洲少女，Hanna，基督徒。 Elle ，未認識主耶穌。我解释救恩给 Hanna，傳福音给 Elle。 當我講完福音，巴士到達。
4. 菲律宾女士 Rachael，解释救恩。
5. 中國少女 Alice，當我講了一半福音，巴士到達，她説會看單張。
6. 兩位中國少女，Leslie & May。當我講了一半福音，巴士到來，她們説會看單張。
7. 中國青年，不願講名字，無神論者。不願聽福音。所以我只是説，神愛世上每一個人，每人死后將會有審判，願 神祝福你！我便離開。