Battle Log of Operation 513 for Toowong on Tuesday April 5th, 2022 from 1330 – 1500
It was school holiday period, Kiateck could not join us as he needed to mind his daughter at home. So just the regular team of three Johnny , Winnie and Hung turned up for the regular Tuesday outreach after a break last week because of suspected Covic-19 close contact and heavy rain. Today it was all great sunshine and scorching heat in high noon, but our passion to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ was equally heated. All of us have almost non-stop conversation though many of them were short and interrupted pre-maturely by the quick arrival of bus. Nevertheless, we still trusted in God that all divine encounter whether long or short, gospel shared full or partial, the work of the Holy Spirit will keep pursuing and nurturing all seeds of gospel to bear fruit at the most opportune time as Will by God. Recap below is the Battle Log of Hung and Winnie respectively.
Hung’s Battle log
1. Michael 2nd year UQ student from England, open to the gospel and respond positively.
2. Matt was a local Aussie but not a student. Yet he was a willing listener and appeared receptive to the gospel.
3. Jack, a Postgraduate of UQ and another willing listener with my testimony being shared first about my good work of joining the Sichuan earth quake disaster relief in 2008 as a student of Master of Counselling. It led up to the conclusion that even with good work like me, I could not earn salvation as the good deed can never be able to off set sin in my heart and my life,
4. Old Aussie Christian lady with 99% assurance of faith to go to heaven. So unfortunately, she still fell short of full understanding of the redemptive grace of Jesus that have 100% atonement power to deliver us form eternal death punishment. Just a pity no time to clarify her wrong concept.
5. Noel a Chinese UQ student but was English speaking who claimed to have chatted with us before and took the tract. Before I can test his feedback after reading the tract, the arriving bus again cut short our conversation.
6. An English-speaking Chinese girl appeared too arrogant to listen. I nevertheless still finish sharing the full gospel to her.
7. An Indonesia young lady who came in 2020 was open for a chat. It seemed that God has moved many Indonesians to pursue Christ in the campus. So this lady was very receptive to the Gospel.
8. Sam a UQ student from Canada who was receptive to the gospel.
9. Arnold from China but received Christ here in Brisbane now attending the hope church. Upon testing of his faith, he only has 80% assurance of salvation for heaven. Quick clarification was done before the bus came.
Battle log of Winnie
2. 兩位澳洲少女，Lily & Jane，相片中。當我講完福音及見證後，她們願意悔改，信靠耶稣基督。找教會尋求更多真理。
9. 中國少女，Anne。初時不願意聽，我和她閒談大學生活，跟着帶入福音以及講及我生命被 神的改變。她很留心聽，直到巴士來到。她説會看單張及想清楚基督的信仰。
10. 澳洲青年男女，Shane & Brave，基督徒。
Toowong Team (QLD)
Meets 1:30-3pm every Tuesday afternoon at the Toowong train station on the 2nd floor and splits into two teams, one at the main entrance of Toowong Tower on Sherwood Road, another at the foot of the pedestrian bridge across Benson Street.
Contact Johnny Hsieh for more information.