Wellington Point Team (QLD)
Meets fortnightly 1:30-3pm on Sunday afternoons at Wellington Point Reserve.
Contact Ryan Hemelaar for more information.
Thanks for your partnership in the gospel through your praying for God to be glorified as His gospel in taken outside the 'safe' domain of the church building. His work reflects His perfect unchanging character and what will the Day of Judgment reveal to those that we have been able to communicate the Way of salvation to?
- Ryan was able to speak to a family of 3 from a Russian church background. Mum knew that Jesus had died for her many sins. Daughter had to be escorted through the gospel a few times until the light dawned that she had not been relying on Christ's perfect atoning life, death and resurrection alone to save her. Like many in the churches she had added her imperfect work into her (wrong) understanding. Now she has grasped the gospel. She has the challenge,along with her mother, to help their father to grasp the truth and 'love it so as to be saved', cf. 2 Thess. 2:10!
- Lee-Anne & Railee met some breakaways from the L.D.S. Eventually, the gospel was heard by them.They were challenged to trust the Bible alone as God's revelation, i.e. absolute truth.
There were 3 completed flip chart presentations:
-Indonesian Presbyterians, Joung, the husband not present. His wife Yohannaa and 12 year old son were referred to a church where the pastor is an Indonesian-speaker.
- a husband who quickly disengaged while his wife was going to consider her need to trust in Christ alone.
- Gareth and Sasha who happily engaged and now thinking the gospel over.
God led us to converse with these, and more. He has the last word. He is perfectly righteous. We praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the one true God and give all glory to Him.
Thanks for praying with us that our Lord would bring to fruition the seeds of faith planted today:
- Park was not going to do anything with his new understanding of God's good news because his family members had different views. Harry asked him which was the more important: peace at home and going to hell, or receiving peace with God and being brought into God's family? He got the point. May God stir him to be reconciled to God by trusting in His Son as His Saviour and Lord.
- Lee-Anne and Railee met Rudolph and Catherine who turned out to be Mormons but were sadly trusting in what they did to get to heaven. It seemed that she was understanding the gospel but failed the checking question. He wasn't really listening to anyone but himself. May God grant them spiritual eyes wide open to grasp the good news and hearts tender to His salvation.
- Fynn had a chat with the Lifeguard who was keen to defend his own life-view. Ask our great God to convict him of his sins and see the uniqueness of Jesus and the need to rely on Him alone for salvation.
- Ryan had a laborious chat with an older couple who heard the whole message as God caused one, then the other to engage in the chat. She spent the last part of the chat saying that she did not want to hear any more but her husband would not disengage. May God remove the blindfold from their eyes that they might see their urgent need of the Saviour.
- I had another lesson in persevering. Fynn started a flip chart chat with a Chinese woman and her 2 small children. She was quite open about her sins. As soon as she heard about Judgment she said that did not believe in a hell. About 8 more of her family approached the jetty and she left with them. Some time later, a young Chinese couple, Sabrina and Kastrel, went through the flip chart with me (Fynn was speaking with the Lifeguard at this time). They concluded that they had never heard the Bible message explained this way before. They took a gospel of John and were going to download a Bible. We parted.
At the close, when Railee and I were walking up the hill to get our car, I saw them coming in company with some of the other family members who had been responsible for giving the mother and 2 children an excuse for leaving without hearing the full message. I told Railee who handed out some Easter tracts to them all and cuddled Sabrina. They seemed genuinely pleased to see us. May God do want we cannot and save them.
God receives all the glory for increasing our faith even as we show our love for Hom by obeying, in a small way, His GREAT COMMISSION. Holy, holy ,holy is the Lord of hosts - Is. 6.
I lost my first attempted report so here is what I can remember!
Ezra 1:5, Pray that God would use Natalie's challenge to Anne-Marie to be an active witness to her as yet unconverted husband Simon: to stir up or awaken her spirit to live for Christ. As he had been walking to King Island for his first time, Natalie was able to witness to him and he had been receptive. His wife caught up with them later which was when Natalie could chat to her alone.
Another first time trekker to King Island was Frank, a Buddhist. He had been wanting to speak with a Christian for quite a while (WHERE ARE THE CHRISTIANS???). Grace was able to chat freely with him and now we need to plead for his reconciliation to God, please.
A young duo, Dylan and Ebony plus young child, have heard and been challenged to consider their urgent need for Christ.
There were 2 rude interruptions to 'flip chart' chats. This is not that usual at Wello Pt. Ask God to keep His servants gospel focussed and compassionate towards the 'wise worldlings' - 1 Cor. 1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach,to save those who believe.
We thank Him for the privilege of serving Him in this small way. To Him alone be all praise and glory forever.
What God has purposed before the foundation of the world, He continues today and every day until the last of Jesus sheep are safely home - Jn. 10, 17 + Eph. 1
The Lord kept the rain away until we had finished His work there for this day. At home, a few kms. away, it had been precipitating most of the time we were at Wello Pt. Here are a few reasons why we think God did so.
Railee had a 'closing' chat with Cynthia, a Buddhist. Cynthia came to see the difference (1 truth tract). Going through God's standard for mankinds' morality, she concluded, "I am lost" with tears in her eyes. Please pray that she does prayerfully read John's gospel and the Good Shepherd speaks to her.
Lee-Anne had another 'science' guy, Will. He considered Jesus to be merely a good guy - May God be merciful to him and removes the veil from his eyes and enlightens his understanding as he takes up the challenge and searches the Bible.
While Lee-Anne was trying to interest 2 ladies, I was able to take a man, sitting on a bench with a young child, through the gospel. He said it made sense. We were able to conclude the chat well. As I left, the 2 ladies came to take him away. We had not realized that they were together. Another interesting providential event courtesy of He who has unlimited knowledge, wisdom and power.
Among the other chats, Ryan was able to take 4 lads through the whole message, with their Mum standing back listening carefully. They wanted to continue the chat and Mum joined in. She has expressed an interest in worshipping locally. Please pray that she does, and the lads as well as she has some Mormon teachings in her background.
Finn had the pick of the 'unreasonable ones' today. The man ranted, "You read a book and you think you know all about the universe". He did not stay to hear the good news.
Meanwhile, Natalie and Grace had another 'good' walk to King Island; low tide again!
May God be pleased to use our imperfect efforts, as presented to Him through our Mediator to glorify His holy name.
"But when God changes the heart, we are ready to count the cost..." - J. W. Searle, served at M.B.I.
The Lord gave us 4 on the team today. Natalie and Grace walked over to King Island. It seems that people were relaxed and generally willing to take tracts as they meandered over to King Island; it was low tide. Natalie noticed a lady reading the tract and opened up a conversation with her.
She was one more Christian grandmother happy to relay the tract to her 3 grandchildren. She was given 2 more tracts. Pray that the children come to see the 'sinfulness of sin' and how urgently they need to flee to Jesus and abide in Him.
There was also an atheistic type. Pray that he remembers the gospel message and forsakes his hopeless worldview vis repentance.
Meanwhile on the 'mainland' the other couple were handing out a few tracts. Eventually they were able to chat with 2 students from Colombia; Anna, who later said that no one else in her family was a Christian and Joanna from a Roman Catholic (R.C.) family who later said she did not know the difference between R.C. and Protestants.
Going through the mini flip chart, they confessed to being liars, thieves (downloading music and not paying for it), murderers, blasphemers, and adulterers. On the court scene, one said she would be innocent. Why? God is love and forgives. Completing the good news, they could say that it made sense to them. they could answer the question "Why would God let you into heaven?"
When tested on the case where a Christian 'sins' and dies 5 minutes later, would God let that one into heaven, they failed and one said, "We must have to do something". Further talk on Eph. 2:8-10 and the unique quality of Jesus work ended with them taking multiple tracts, John's gospel and assurance that they would be prayed for. Will you pray for them? They need a good role model to show them how to begin living for God's glory.
How good is God!!! Glory to His holy Name.
The Lord's service is always interesting and faith-building. Today we welcomed Grace, a first-timer who wishes to be a chaplain. The Lord gave us a team of 7 today. It is so encouraging to experience the harmony among us and to pray for one another as opportunity arise.
One man had 'sold himself' a very unusual worldview that he had derived (wrongly) from the Bible. He claimed that the Bible was about the human body. Ryan eventually was able to challenge him via his conscience with God's righteous standard. While he admitted to some sins, he took no notice of them. He had no fear of judgment saying that God judges no one; we judge ourselves. God can break through even such nonsense as he still 'believes'.
Earlier, Ryan was able to speak with Josiah and Ben. The former stated that he would receive Jesus today, Jn. 1:12,13. The latter is not ready at this stage.
A Mormon lady, Keanee, is going to study John's gospel. Lee-Anne took her through the history of Mormonism which she was unfamiliar with. Also, the uniqueness of the 66 books of the Holy Bible was highlighted in various ways. Please pray that God will speak to her and be gracious to her.
To God be the glory. All His works declare His perfections. What a privilege to serve Him and that by His enabling grace and loving providences.
Here are a few of the treats that our gracious Lord gave to us today.
Lee-Anne had a long chat with Shaun and his teenaged children. He had been 'to church' so now he has an understanding of how Jesus is our righteousness and has paid the price for His sheeps' too-many-to-count sins - all perfectly 'paid in full' as is evidenced in His resurrection. Shaun received a Bible for one of his children. May the Lord grant them the joy of living in the grace of this wonderful salvation.
Aldis, a newly arrived Swedish carpentry student was taken through a flip chart summary of the gospel to which he responded that he was a Christian. He struggled with a diagnostic question but he is still 'learning English. He went with an English Bible and a recommendation to a city church at a busy multi intersection. Pray he attends and is blessed.
There were 4 J.W.s who engaged in the "Good Person" test. 2 left when they found out it was religious. The other 2 finished but had no understanding. While they freely admitted some sins, they were adamant that they had never lusted. They reckoned they would say "Sorry" on Judgment Day. Very sad. Such a careless attitude to their sins probably because they have been conditioned to believe that their membership in the Watchtower Society is their guarantee of glory. It is a Unitarian version of the heresy that the Church saves.
When the last of God's elect is 'home', then will be too late to evangelize. Join us???
We thank God for the above and other encounters He arranged for us and we give Him the glory. He alone is worthy!
At Wellington Point, we enjoyed the Lord's cooling breeze as we conversed with those whom He brought to our notice.
- pray that our Lord may deal with a lady who has recently 'lost' her son. Fynn was enabled to present the good news to her in a manner that she appreciated.
- Lee-Anne had a thorough conversation with 2 young ladies, Nikita and Monica. They had devised a 'small' god whom they were comfortable with. They are now aware of the God of the Bible; why they can rely on the Bible as God's revelation and the good news that God commands us to 'preach to every one'. May He cause them to remember with thankfulness what they heard and discussed.
- Mark joined us following a challenge from the occasional preacher (Ryan) at the Ormiston C.R.C. morning service. On his first use of the flip chart, he was able to take a young couple partway through the message. They would not accept the fact that they were answerable to the Creator for their lives, (every thought word and deed)!
- There were some even more closed, e.g. the lass who was not interested because she was a scientist. The priests of modern religion wear a white lab gown?
- There was Coco and Katherine, ex Myanmar and our Natalie who was on the last short-term mission to Myanmar. They have heard. Ask God to reveal the exclusive nature of the Saviour.
We thank God for the way He enabled us and Mark was welcome and seemed to be 'right at home'. Think of the harmony in glory when we are GLORIFIED.
Let us covenant to keep the team leaving for overseas mission work in our prayers. petitions and praise! Amen.
What a change from 2 weeks ago. Then, most people appeared to be thinking of holidays. Today, it seemed to be that people were prepared to listen and engage quite openly. There were a couple of Asian lasses who got the good news from 2 separate teams and were thinking about this new (to them) offer of salvation. They had a Buddhist background. There were 2 Aussie lads, Kyle and Seb who had attended a R.C. educational institution but had no idea on how to get to heaven. By the end of the checking round, they understood God's offer. They parted with the gospel of John and our ongoing prayers. Similarly Johnny and Manny, 2 Sikh men parted with plenty to contemplate and check out.
There was an extended family of 5 Muslims who politely listened but after engaging for a while, the spokesman said they would stick with what they had been raised with. When they are alone, maybe the Good Shepherd may call one or more?
Likewise a Hindu family of 4 who never grasped the uniqueness of Jesus, nor the absolute righteousness that God requires but as they were parting stated that they (Hindus) had millions of saviors, so did not need Jesus!
We need to keep going out for, e.g. Col spoke to a man who had never heard.
As always, there was more but of the work that the Holy Spirit sovereignly does, we can only wait in patient hope. For now, let us pray and give God the glory, 1 Cor. 10:31.
A day of handing out a few tracts and little interest in doing the "good person' test, and then Lee-Anne met Aria. Please pray for this Mormon lady. She was taken through the law and gospel. The chat also covered some ground in evidences for the Christian Scriptures vs. the paucity of 'backups' for the Book of Mormon. Aria said she would check this matter out. The matter of how revelation is given received was also brought to her notice including the 'angel of light' masquerade, cf. 2 Cor. 11:12-15. May the Lord lead her out of that cult into true saving faith in th real Lord Jesus Christ.
We thank God for the pleasure of serving Him this year & growing us. What we do we do for His exclusive glory.
Enjoy praising God and keep eager for our Lord's return - as promised by God who cannot lie; He is absolute truth and unchangeably so!